PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Donut's average montage for the above average player

Donut
August 9th, 2009, 02:17 PM
crit, flame, laugh, and/or fire out of a slingshot this montage however you want. i thought it would be fun to make a montage of every day above average gameplay. i say above average because most of the people i play are not exactly good
Either way, i hope you guys like it
5MYgenEzVpA

Ganon
August 9th, 2009, 06:11 PM
lol you need to work on your aim donut.

tythespy
August 9th, 2009, 07:16 PM
it was good, but needs a shee spree

Donut
August 9th, 2009, 07:33 PM
also <3 limited. i used his 3p and FOV OS app in this video.

IceCube
August 9th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Wtf you deleted my comment from this morning? :\

Con
August 9th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Montage is boring, try to edit out the worthless parts and edit to match the music.

e: also, spend more time getting clips. Nobody really cares to watch you HS afk players or make one-at-a-time rocket kills.

Higuy
August 9th, 2009, 07:51 PM
get rid of the worthless rocket kills, shee sprees, and stuff like that
sync the music
add transitions
and, lol. :downs:

Donut
August 9th, 2009, 08:02 PM
yeah most of this one from one game, and i actually had a music issue with movie maker. the main idea was not to show off amazing gameplay, but just average gameplay of an average player. but yeah i get it. less AFK kill footage
E: mainly because im sick of montages showing nothing but pistoling and sniping. really sick of it

Alwin Roth
August 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I don't get it... Your hacks aren't on....

Rosco
August 9th, 2009, 08:35 PM
yeah most of this one from one game, and i actually had a music issue with movie maker. the main idea was not to show off amazing gameplay, but just average gameplay of an average player. but yeah i get it. less AFK kill footage
E: mainly because im sick of montages showing nothing but pistoling and sniping. really sick of it

Call it Why we play, sync the music, show multiple ways of getting kills. I agree that it's cool to see variety but you could do it so much better than the product you have now. :)

Donut
August 9th, 2009, 08:40 PM
i should do that^. i would just need to find some nice needler kill clips.... or just straight up needler kills. maybe some cool ctf strategies like throwing the flag up through the roof on battle creek to a team mate. this could actually be pretty cool. thanks for the idea

king_nothing_
August 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM
i should do that^. i would just need to find some nice needler kill clips.... or just straight up needler kills. maybe some cool ctf strategies like throwing the flag up through the roof on battle creek to a team mate. this could actually be pretty cool. thanks for the idea
You don't see needlers in montages much because they aren't very useful weapons compared to the other weapon options you have. A kill with a needler is pretty much a novelty kill, imo.

Clips of CTF strategies could be good, though.

supersniper
August 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM
do a montage of all different gametypes.
Now that's originality.

EvilLilElmo
August 9th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Average montage? Come on son.

You need to learn the basics of what makes a video good.

Good plays
Map variety
Kill variety
Synching

Rocket kills are never good unless you can pull off one of those midair Quake shots.

AFK kills are never to be shown ever in a video.

I stopped watching after like 3 minutes.

Snipes are an important part of videos and I think the only reason you don't like them is because you can't get good ones. And to be honest no one wants to see an average video by an average player, we have Youtube for that. So if you're going to make another video use this crit.

Donut
August 9th, 2009, 10:47 PM
disregarding your use of the term "son", i get what youre saying, but you didnt read what i said apparently. sniping happens in EVERY MONTAGE i watch. i think we have enough montages full of 3sks and 4 shot brs on youtube, and i think its about time we get a montage thats not just "HEY LOOK HOW FUCKING GOOD I AM AT THIS FUCKING GAME. FUCK."

iv done two other montages, and neither of them have been just to show off skill. one of them was nothing but rocket whoring, and the other was like 200 ways to get yourself killed + profanity you have never seen before. as i said, im sick of watching people stick from half way across a map. i wanted to make something that an average player can relate to.
E: and thats just content wise. i agree that music syncing wise / map variety should have had more work done on it.

Ganon
August 9th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Average players want to see people rape face with a sniper and real weapons. that is why most montages are made that way. variety can be easily played in via different gametypes, unique ways to kill people, double melees etc... but rockets are nooby son :]

i think its about time we get a montage thats not just "HEY LOOK HOW FUCKING GOOD I AM AT THIS FUCKING GAME. FUCK."

Im going to make a montage where I walk around and dodge peoples shots. it will get millions of veiws and ill get sponsor offers left and right.

EvilLilElmo
August 10th, 2009, 01:37 AM
disregarding your use of the term "son", i get what youre saying, but you didnt read what i said apparently. sniping happens in EVERY MONTAGE i watch. i think we have enough montages full of 3sks and 4 shot brs on youtube, and i think its about time we get a montage thats not just "HEY LOOK HOW FUCKING GOOD I AM AT THIS FUCKING GAME. FUCK."

iv done two other montages, and neither of them have been just to show off skill. one of them was nothing but rocket whoring, and the other was like 200 ways to get yourself killed + profanity you have never seen before. as i said, im sick of watching people stick from half way across a map. i wanted to make something that an average player can relate to.
E: and thats just content wise. i agree that music syncing wise / map variety should have had more work done on it.

You think we don't have enough average videos of people going "LOL LOOK HOW BAD I AM BUT I THINK I'M GOOD!!!" or "LOL WATCH THESE AVERAGE KILLS!" We have more of those than good videos.

If you want to synch, you need snipes man. Sticks take too long, TSKs are 3 beats and DMs are 2 beats. There is nothing wrong with showing snipes or pistoling as long as you try to balance out every single different kill type.

No one shows skill in a montage that is actually entertaining. Montages are about showing off fun plays and ownage, not 30 seconds of pro BG pistoling or HeH rocket footage. Neither of the extremes are fun to watch.

If you want to make a silly video use unique kills and put funny stuff in it, not stuff we do everyday that we wouldn't find humorous. Go get a killtac by running over people with a ghost or something. I don't know if you used any custom maps either since I didn't watch the whole video but this is a Halo CE forum, I think we should all expect some CUSTOM maps too.

Naw mean son?

Ganon
August 10th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Montages are about showing off fun plays and ownage, not 30 seconds of pro BG pistoling or HeH rocket footage. Neither of the extremes are fun to watch.

unless ur name is bamboo :smugsome:

EvilLilElmo
August 10th, 2009, 01:48 AM
unless ur name is bamboo :smugsome:

Nigga that was cool back in 2007. It isn't awesome anymore.

Rosco
August 10th, 2009, 05:26 AM
You think we don't have enough average videos of people going "LOL LOOK HOW BAD I AM BUT I THINK I'M GOOD!!!" or "LOL WATCH THESE AVERAGE KILLS!" We have more of those than good videos.

Genuinely that's just people with attitude problems. A lot of people make videos with little skill because it can be fun to work on little projects or whatever.

Limited
August 10th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Montages are about showing off fun plays and ownage, not 30 seconds of pro BG pistoling or HeH rocket footage.
Um no, montage is putting together different clips, its a series of short shots. It doesnt have to be pure ownage.

I enjoyed it, yes it wasnt omfg look at dem kills! but I found it pretty interesting.

Its got me in the mood to make my own montage.

Higuy
August 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Um no, montage is putting together different clips, its a series of short shots. It doesnt have to be pure ownage.
I dont think you quite understand what Elmo does in his free time :downs:

t3h m00kz
August 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM
answer: makes millions.

Ganon
August 10th, 2009, 06:38 PM

correct. however, thanks to halo, people confuse the term montage with frag video.

Rosco
August 10th, 2009, 07:13 PM
correct. however, thanks to halo, people confuse the term montage with frag video.

At which point I'd like to request them to move on. Have fun fragging against terrible players in CE :downs:

tythespy
August 10th, 2009, 11:39 PM
3rd fov is more interesting to look at.I pefer it
but Lol's are the best way to make a good montage other then good plays or 3sk's.

EvilLilElmo
August 11th, 2009, 12:14 AM

When did I say pure ownage? I included both options as ingredients to making a good video.

Limited
August 11th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I dont think you quite understand what Elmo does in his free time :downs:
Well its obviously not learning French.

When did I say pure ownage? I included both options as ingredients to making a good video.
You also ruled out what was in the video, you never said "good video", instead you gave what you think montages should include.

I think more people being creative and making videos the better, okay not everyone will be a masterpiece and fantastic but put people down for trying.