PDA

View Full Version : 2 Screen Issue

Inferno
August 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I've been using 2 screens for a few days now and I have to say it's freaking sweet once you learn to manage the space. I have one little complaint though.

Is there a way to make new windows appear in the center of the left screen? I hate how message windows come up in between the screens causing me to drag them over the left to answer them.

I'm using the nvidia control panel to expand the desktop onto the second monitor. Both monitors are plugged into my single GFX card.

edit-
I also get a bit more vertical tearing than average on both monitors... Do I need to increase the refresh rate or something?

Futzy
August 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I just have mine set up through the windows vista display settings menu. All windows open up in the same place that I had them in when I closed them.

Corndogman
August 10th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Use Ultramon, or a similar program. It gives you all kinds of options, like having a taskbar on the second monitor and such. I'm using it, and windows always pop up in the center of my primary monitor.

Inferno
August 10th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Programs open fine. They open where I closed them but it's things like "file already exists do you want to overwrite?" or "extraction complete" that pop up dead center.

XP btw.

Futzy
August 10th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Programs open fine. They open where I closed them but it's things like "file already exists do you want to overwrite?" or "extraction complete" that pop up dead center.

XP btw.
Thats probably a problem with xp, as any windows like that either open in the monitor I am actively working on or in the center of the application.