PDA

View Full Version : Call of duty 4 sound problems

Needles
August 11th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Basically in multiplayer mode there is no sound >:|. Single player is fine, all my games and drivers are fine, but the multiplayer one has no sound. I really want to fix this without reinstalling, since reinstalling every 1-2 months over some problem it gets is annoying as hell.

It's nothing but static after MP is on. And of course googling CoD4 no sound or Cod4 no audio didn't do shit :maddowns:

Daishi
August 11th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Have you made sure your multiplayer audio isn't muted?

Needles
August 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Have you made sure your multiplayer audio isn't muted?

Yes I have, knew someone would ask though

Daishi
August 11th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic, I have made that mistake before. Hmmm...what audio card do you have?

Needles
August 12th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I wasn't being sarcastic, I have made that mistake before. Hmmm...what audio card do you have?

Some crappy integrated thing called "Realtek 7.1 sound blaster"

Needles
August 12th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Just reinstalled my game, STILL no sound. I also put in my players profile with the mpdata backup and it's reading it as a lv 1 instead of 55.

Mr Buckshot
August 12th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Just reinstalled my game, STILL no sound. I also put in my players profile with the mpdata backup and it's reading it as a lv 1 instead of 55.

about the profile: I have the same problem, reinstalled once and lost my level 55 ranking. However there is a "cheat" here: http://karmarogue.com/2007/11/19/cod4-unlock-all-guns-level-55-crack/ that you can use if you don't feel like leveling up again.

Since your sound card is integrated like mine, go to the website for your motherboard and redownload the sound card drivers. That might help.

Needles
August 12th, 2009, 08:19 PM
about the profile: I have the same problem, reinstalled once and lost my level 55 ranking. However there is a "cheat" here: http://karmarogue.com/2007/11/19/cod4-unlock-all-guns-level-55-crack/ that you can use if you don't feel like leveling up again.

Since your sound card is integrated like mine, go to the website for your motherboard and redownload the sound card drivers. That might help.

I got my lv 55 hacks and got all my mod ranks back, and I find that cod4 only works in my headphones, no matter what settings for device to use for audio it's on. Now I just need to know how to fix that >:|

Inferno
August 12th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Plug you speakers into the headphone jack. :v:

Needles
August 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Plug you speakers into the headphone jack. :v:

Wow I'm stupid -_-

Rosco
August 13th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I was about to say.

(Also for anyone who can't get CoD4 MP to work at all, enable a mic setting in your recording devices, called stereo mix.)

Inferno
August 14th, 2009, 08:37 PM
I was about to say.

(Also for anyone who can't get CoD4 MP to work at all, enable a mic setting in your recording devices, called stereo mix.)

Or just enable your mic. I had that problem where if I disabled the built in mic on my laptop it crashed.