PDA

View Full Version : Rage 2009

343guiltymc
August 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/926419/id-tech-5-project/videos/rage_trl_trailer_81309.html
Damn, that pretty good. Reminds of FO3 way too much though.

Jean-Luc
August 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM
The only way this bears resemblance to Fallout 3 imo is the fact that it's post-apocalyptic (a theme which has been around long before Fallout came along), and there are mutants (also an old concept). That's about where the similarities stop though it appears.

For its part, Rage appears to have much better graphics (owing in part to having more than one color), much more likeable NPC's, and a more appealing world than Fallout 3 did. I'm lookin forward to it.

DEElekgolo
August 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Fallout 3 with more desert punk?

Ganon
August 13th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I don't trust i.d. with single player games in the least bit ;__; This definitely looks cool though.

klange
August 13th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Getting this for Linux when it comes out.

Jean-Luc
August 13th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Getting this for Linux when it comes out.
To me, proclaiming your OS like that is exactly on par to a gay man proclaiming he's homosexual. That's fine, be that way, but I don't need to hear it at every turn.

Just say you're getting the game, idgaf what platform it is, got damn :rage:

klange
August 13th, 2009, 07:27 PM
To me, proclaiming your OS like that is exactly on par to a gay man proclaiming he's homosexual. That's fine, be that way, but I don't need to hear it at every turn.

Just say you're getting the game, idgaf what platform it is, got damn :rage:
I'm sorry for highlighting the fact that the game will be released natively for my OS of choice. I thought it was a rather interesting tidbit that should be mentioned.

Jean-Luc
August 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Well excuse me if I feel like highlighting the fact that the game will be released natively for my OS of choice. I thought it was a rather interesting tidbit that should be mentioned.
Whoops. I gotta control my bouts with random anger (and mb learn the facts first).

Ganon
August 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Well excuse me if I...

lol classic gay guy arguement starter

cheezdue
August 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I'm still waiting for id to release another DOOM game.

Ganon
August 13th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I'm still waiting for id to release another DOOM game.
DOOM 4 on the way soon

flibitijibibo
August 13th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I don't trust i.d. with single player games in the least bit ;__;.
I refuse to believe that you existed before the release of Quake 3.

Ganon
August 13th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I refuse to believe that you existed before the release of Quake 3.

if you take a look at their recent games :allears:

FRain
August 13th, 2009, 07:40 PM
In the video, he mentions Apophis. If you're wondering what this is, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

Also, Q2 and Quake 4 had an EPIC storyline if you ask me.

paladin
August 14th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Definately looks is more visually pleasing, than Fallout. But Fallout 3, and I could be wrong, was and will be a better game (gameplay-wise).

Also, not a fan of the SUPER HUGE MOTHER FUCKER MUTANT at the end. I wasn't a fa of Super Mutant Behemoths in Fallout 3. TOOO unrealistic.

ultama121
August 14th, 2009, 01:39 AM
ID Fan here, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. Looks great. :D

legionaire45
August 14th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Engine looks awesome, although it's sad but understandable that Id isn't going to focus on the mod community as much with Id Tech 5. Considering how active the IdTech 4 mod scene was... :/. I Imagine they will steal release some tools for it though.

Rage itself looks interesting - quite different from what they usually do and I think it's refreshing. Still waiting for Doom 4 though :3.

343guiltymc
August 14th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Engine looks awesome, although it's sad but understandable that Id isn't going to focus on the mod community as much with Id Tech 5. Considering how active the IdTech 4 mod scene was... :/. I Imagine they will steal release some tools for it though.

Rage itself looks interesting - quite different from what they usually do and I think it's refreshing. Still waiting for Doom 4 though :3.
Doom 4 most likely won't even come in 2010, they were just telling us that Doom 4 will be shown at next year's Quake Con.

Kornman00
August 14th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I got to visit id and talk with JC in 05 (or maybe it was 06). While I never really understood all the hype associated with them but, JC seemed like a pretty cool guy. I remember him being really into mobile mediums at the time (and I think the private space industry).

Lateksi
August 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I got to visit id and talk with JC in 05 (or maybe it was 06). While I never really understood all the hype associated with them but, JC seemed like a pretty cool guy. I remember him being really into mobile mediums at the time (and I think the private space industry).
Yeah I heard he likes to port old games to portables. And that's why I'd want Quake for DS :iamafag:

I've been waiting for this game since they first talked about it. It just has so many cool things and iD Tech 5 makes it a beast.