PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial]Master Chief How-to

kid908
August 14th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Ok, I'll admit, this is really my first drawing of Master Chief ever, so I hope it came out ok.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4369/tut2s.jpg

After you finish this, you can scan and import it into photoshop and do a digital paint of your design for concept art. I find doing concept art this was more natural to me, but that's just me. I can't do a full concept from start to finish digitally really, so I hope this help you get started on concept designs and maybe learn how to draw people and shit.

The shading I used was a simple "clay render" effect shading.

Gwunty
August 14th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Proportions are all wrong, and don't blame it on perspective becuase, that looks f'd up as well.
work on it some more k

kid908
August 14th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I wasn't so sure that you people were so keen on proportion. I fixed it. I resized it so It fited inside my sheet nice and even.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9081/abit.jpg

It's not that off considering I was looking off my Itouch.

Roostervier
August 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
The little discrepancies make a big difference, though.

klange
August 14th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Do... do you not own a scanner?

Someone get this man a scanner!

kid908
August 14th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Yes. Get me a scanner Please!

SnaFuBAR
August 15th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Ew, no, do not define your lines. It looks like someone took a huge fucking sharpie and just outlined every hard edge on his armor. You should be using 5 line-weights through your drawing process, and should only be keeping 3. Only THE most important details should have a heavy line, and it should not be all around the piece.

Limited
August 15th, 2009, 08:42 AM
The colour version lines stick out way too much, I look at it and my eyes go a little crazy, just like looking at those 3d pictures :D

Good work though. +rep

Hunter
August 15th, 2009, 11:02 AM
@Limited; It isnt a colour'ed version, it has an overlay of a picture over his drawing because kid wanted to show you all it s accurate.