PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Control Panel

Delta4907
August 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I've had this problem for awhile, but I never did anything about it. Whenever I click "Manage 3D Settings" in the NVIDIA Control Panel, it freezes and I have to force it to close. I really don't know what caused this, or when it started, because I don't mess with it much. Now that I want to configure a few things its getting annoying. I have a NVIDIA Geforce 7150m, 128 MB. Other specs are in my profile. Can someone please help me figure this out, I think it has to do with my driver but I seriously have no clue how any of that crap works.

Atty
August 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Just go to nVidia and follow the idiot proof driver download process and re-install the newest driver. It should cure all your problems.

Delta4907
August 16th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I have before and it said I had to go to the manufacturer's website to download a new driver. Which I then went to (HP) and couldn't find it there.
Here's what nVidia says:

GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
Driver Version: 177.13

The manufacturer of this system requires that you download the driver for your GPU from their support site.

The GeForce M series and GeForce Go series notebook GPUs use drivers that have been customized by the notebook manufacturers to support hot key functions, power management functions, lid close and suspend/resume behavior. NVIDIA has worked with some notebook manufacturers to provide notebook-specific driver updates, however, most notebook driver updates must come from the notebook manufacturer. Additionally, the desktop GeForce graphics drivers will not install on Geforce M series and Quadro M series notebook GPU's.

E: Ok I THINK I found it, but the release date is really old, is it going to update to the latest once I install it?
Link (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-46830-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2093&product=1842155)

E2: Wtf, I went to install it and apparently it's not compatible with my current hardware.. either I did something wrong or something's fucked up.

legionaire45
August 16th, 2009, 07:42 PM
This driver is listed as supporting your hardware. (http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_179.48_beta.html)

If you need drivers for another OS, just go onto their driver download page and under product series, put Geforce Go 7-Series in and download the driver you need.

Not rocket science :/.

Delta4907
August 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
This driver is listed as supporting your hardware. (http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_179.48_beta.html)

If you need drivers for another OS, just go onto their driver download page and under product series, put Geforce Go 7-Series in and download the driver you need.

Not rocket science :/.

It is to me. :\ Not sure why I couldn't find it, like I said, I did the scan thing and it said I had to go to the manufacturer's website. Thanks though.

legionaire45
August 17th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Oh, lol, you were using that.

From now on, if the built in driver scanners don't work, remember to look through things the "hard way".

Does this driver work for you btw?

Delta4907
August 17th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Yes I installed it and it doesn't crash anymore. However, the text for the options has turned blue (as if it was a hyperlink) instead of black, but everything else is normal.