PDA

View Full Version : 3ds max makes me angry

Donut
August 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM
i modeled an m249 saw, and im using dummy objects as animation controllers for my bullet belt. first off, what kind of constraints, hierarchy, and IK solvers would i use to make it so i can pull one of the bullets and have the belt adjust accordingly?

another issue i have is that from messing with IK solvers i have a shitton of IK constraints set up that i DO NOT WANT, however i do not know how to remove them. when i click unhide by name, i see like 50 of these IK things. i want them gone. how to i get rid of them?

Donut
August 17th, 2009, 05:11 PM
figured it out. incase anyone else wants to know how, you have 6 tabs on the right. from left to right they are create, modify, hierarchy, motion, display, and utilities. under the display tab, theres a thing called unhide by category where when you select something off the list it should show a bunch of point helpers. you can select these and delete these. doing so both gets rid of that stuff in the unhide by name list AND removes the IK solvers from your objects.

will leave thread open for somebody to let me know if i did something wrong or if theres a different way to accomplish what i did