PDA

View Full Version : Sound effects - need help!

rossmum
August 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM
If anyone here has seen K-19: The Widowmaker (excellent movie by the way), you'll know what I'm talking about.

There's a very specific siren sound which I need a loopable version of. I managed to record it myself (stuck my mic between my headphones, heh) and I even got it to loop alright, but there's some rather heavy breathing over the top of it (for some odd reason, nuclear disasters seem to make people rather excitable). I need either someone who owns at editing to axe the breathing without changing the siren itself, or some links to likely haunts for good siren sound effects. Given the amount of sound effects which seem to have really made the rounds, I'd imagine there must be some sort of resource somewhere... anybody got any ideas?

e/ I mean legit sites too, none of these shitty ones which swamp you with crap of various sorts

Cojafoji
August 17th, 2009, 01:48 PM
great movie, and if you want to pm a link to the sound, i'll see if i can help you.

rossmum
August 17th, 2009, 08:49 PM
you own

I'll whack the sound up onto Filefront or something and PM you the link, as I said it loops alright but the breathing needs to go. I have plans to use this in a possible map project.