PDA

View Full Version : iPhone and Autoaccept Veency

Heathen
August 20th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Yes, another one from me.

This is like my 600001th thread but I try looking everywhere and even figuring it out myself (gasp) to no avail.

Is there any way to get veency to auto accept connections on the iphone?

Masterz1337
August 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
No clue. never even heard of Veency

Heathen
August 20th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Its an app used to control the iphone via PC.

klange
August 20th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Its an app used to control the iphone via PC.
Eh... technically it's a VNC server for the iPhone. I tried looking as well, can't seem to find anything. I think veency is FOSS, so I'll look into grabbing the source and coding something into it just for you. :downs: And because I'd like to have it as well.

Heathen
August 20th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Yeh, its a VNC server for the iPhone.
I use it to control my phone from my computer.
Also, since I am here, wasn't there an update to be able to use it outside of my wifi?

And bacon, how would I apply that to my phone eh?
I'm fairly retarded so it'd probably need to be pretty simple. :downs:

Wakeboy1337
August 20th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I saw this thread and downloaded veency from Cydia... HOLY SHIT :iamafag:

klange
August 20th, 2009, 06:40 PM
And bacon, how would I apply that to my phone eh?
I'm fairly retarded so it'd probably need to be pretty simple. :downs:
If / when I do it, I'll send you the compiled app in a ZIP, just extract and scp to /Applications.

fe: I found the source (http://svn.saurik.com/repos/menes/trunk/veency/), so I should be able to do this, as soon as I find out how to actually compile it.

void VNCAlertItem$configure$requirePasscodeForActions$( id self, SEL sel, BOOL configure, BOOL require) {
UIModalView *sheet([self alertSheet]);
[sheet setDelegate:self];
[sheet setTitle:@"Remote Access Request"];
[sheet setBodyText:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"Accept connection from\n%s?\n\nVeency VNC Server\nby Jay Freeman (saurik)\nsaurik@saurik.com\nhttp://www.saurik.com/", client_->host]];
[sheet addButtonWithTitle:@"Accept"];
[sheet addButtonWithTitle:@"Reject"];
}^ I'll be fiddling with this.

re: I'll probably be compiling this right on my iPhone / iPod Touch...

e2: I'll be jailbreaking my iPhone tomorrow afternoon (I just got it, had to talk to my parents, explain what jailbreaking is and why they should let me do it to a brand new $100 phone). I'll grab the toolchain and see if I can compile it straight. If that works out, I'll mess with the function above and give you a special auto-accept version.

Heathen
August 20th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Okay, also, I know the IP Mocha VNC and even Veency use is just my iphones wifi IP or whatever. So is there any way I could use MVNC anywhere, and the same with Veency.

Heathen
August 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Any word on this bacon?

klange
August 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Any word on this bacon?
Still working on the "getting it compiled". I did jailbreak my iPhone, though and am currently running the stock Veency. I need to get the toolchain installed, get the stock code compiled, and then cut out the accept request. I think there's a separate library (libvncserver) that I need the source to, but it should be in the same place.

e: Hmm... I just realized that there is no password capability in here. Maybe I should add that after doing this for obvious security reasons.

Heathen
September 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
How about now? I had all but forgotten about this...

Have you?

klange
September 23rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Just update your Veency.

They did it themselves. Go to Settings, you should find a VNC option. Enter a password, that will enable auto-accept while maintaining security. It's been there for at least three or four weeks now, I guess I just forgot to mention it here.

Heathen
September 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I read the password stuff but didn't realize it auto-accepted too. Great.

Any idea how to set a static IP for an iPhone?

dark navi
September 24th, 2009, 08:02 AM
e: Hmm... I just realized that there is no password capability in here. Maybe I should add that after doing this for obvious security reasons.

Make sure you don't use the SSH info, because I am pretty sure 95% of peoples are root - alpine.

vonPalm
September 17th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Hi, I work offshore and I'm not allowed to bring my phone to work. Big problem for me - I can't check my calls and text messages when I go to work. I thought veency could be a solution, but I only manage to connect to my iphone if computer and iphone are connected to the same wireless network. Is it possible to veency into my iphone while connected to another network?

Heathen
September 18th, 2010, 09:42 PM
It is possible, but as for the particulars, I dont really know enough to tell you how to do it. I've done it with tutorials on the internet. Perhaps if no one here can help you, you can always google it.

dydo
September 22nd, 2010, 08:00 PM
Hi, I work offshore and I'm not allowed to bring my phone to work. Big problem for me - I can't check my calls and text messages when I go to work. I thought veency could be a solution, but I only manage to connect to my iphone if computer and iphone are connected to the same wireless network. Is it possible to veency into my iphone while connected to another network?
Port forward your iphone's veency port and then use the external ip on the other network to connect to it.

vonPalm
October 11th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Hello again, update..

I tried the port forwarding solution, which is probably the best way to solve this. Unfortunately, I found out that although I have access to my wireless router, the LAN-server of my student's dormitory is blocking the port I should forward (5900?).

But I solved it in another way:

I set up an old computer to never enter sleep mode, and connected it to the same wireless network as my iPhone. From this pc I can remotely control my iPhone via veency. Then I am remotely controlling this pc with teamviewer, from any pc connected to internet. There is probably an easier solution, but at least this one works.