PDA

View Full Version : Lockerbie Bomber Released

Limited
August 20th, 2009, 08:15 PM
The Libyan man jailed in Scotland for blowing up a US airliner over Lockerbie in 1988 has arrived back in Libya after being set free.
The Scottish government released Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi, who is 57 and has terminal cancer, on compassionate grounds. US President Barack Obama said the move was "a mistake", and some relatives of US victims reacted angrily.
Most of the 270 people who died in the bombing were Americans.
In a radio interview, Mr Obama said: "We have been in contact with the Scottish government, indicating that we objected to this. We thought it was a mistake."....

"Mr al-Megrahi did not show his victims any comfort or compassion. They were not allowed to return to the bosom of their families to see out their lives, let alone their dying days," he said.
"But that alone is not a reason for us to deny compassion to him and his family in his final days."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8213077.stm

This is bullshit.

You may not know about Locerbie, it happened in 1988, a flight from Scotland to JFK Airport NY was blown up using a bomb hidden in a stereo, the device blew up at 30,000 feet, kill every one onboard and killed people on the ground. It is the UK's worst terrorist attack.

Scottish officials have released the bomber on "compassionate grounds", however he has never shown any remorse to the victims or victims families. Apparently he has 3 months to live due to cancer, so the Scottish government feel he should be let out to live out those last few months.

Fuck that, the fucking terrorist git should be left to rot in jail. He only got 27 days in prison per victim he killed, 20 years total. This is outrageous.

I just cant believe they've let a terrorist out because he might die in a few months when he killed over 200 people.

Hes getting a heroes welcome, back in Libya, they praise him for it.

Whats your thoughts?

Rosco
August 20th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Rage. Hope he dies sooner than expected. Not deserving of any compassionate understanding.

flibitijibibo
August 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
http://www.ninjapirate.com/content.php?f=drunkdude.html

That about sums up my feelings for this.

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 20th, 2009, 08:42 PM
:ragequitlife:

Heathen
August 20th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I mean, if he starts killing again it will show them.

Sel
August 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM
At the most they should have let his mother come see him, if it was that fucking important. Otherwise no, in fact, he's probably going to try to bomb something again.

great

Boba
August 20th, 2009, 09:28 PM
what does he have left to lose, fucker has cancer

fucking wreck some shit

PenGuin1362
August 20th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Life's fucked not a whole lot you can do. Raging won't help. Yeah he got let out but he's still gunna die a painful death anyway. The word Karma comes to mind here.

Alwin Roth
August 20th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I hope he dies when he's building a bomb at his house with a couple of his friends, then the bomb goes off.

this shouldn't be happening.

paladin
August 20th, 2009, 11:08 PM
He should have gotten a needle 20 years ago. End of FUCKING story....

kid908
August 20th, 2009, 11:11 PM
No. The plane that he used to fly back home, Face it, he's not getting on a commercial airliner at all, blew up as HE himself was flying it home or one of his bomb buddies was flying it. The bomb goes off and he dies in the plane and the shrapnel kills his bomb buddies at home.

CN3089
August 20th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Holy shit you guys are the worst, the guy has three months left to live, what's the use of keeping him in prison away from his family? Should we have killed him and become murderers ourselves?

oh wait i forgot he's a TERRIST well let him rot hurf durf :911: :GITRDUN: :amerikkka: :downspatriot:

paladin
August 20th, 2009, 11:23 PM
What about the people he murdered.... :raise:

He deserves to die in jail, alone.

jcap
August 20th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Wow, they called what he did a "mistake"? That's fucking insane! It's not a mistake when you intentionally build a bomb, put it on a plane and kill everyone onboard.
Actually, I misinterpreted the article. I thought it meant that the terrorist's move was a mistake, not that the release was a mistake. I believe Obama is against it. Read here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090820/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_lockerbie

So what if he has terminal cancer? It just adds to the emotional breakdown, pain, and suffering that he rightfully DESERVES for killing 270 innocent people. His victims didn't get a chance to say goodbye to their loved ones, so why should he?

I don't know who would ever want to see him. He might want to see family, but I would have broken all ties and distanced myself as far from him as possible.

kid908
August 20th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Wow, they called what he did a "mistake"? That's fucking insane! It's not a mistake when you intentionally build a bomb, put it on a plane and kill everyone onboard. So what if he has terminal cancer? It just adds to the emotional breakdown, pain, and suffering that he rightfully DESERVES for killing 270 innocent people.

I think the "mistake" was the bomb going off too early, It was "suppose to detonate closer to the airport." that's the only mistake I can see from what he did.

Also, 20 years for 200 kills is way less time for a guy who killed one person out of greed. 1st degree murder gets life or death, terrorist bombing killing 200 gets 20 years and leave on compassion.

Chainsy
August 20th, 2009, 11:38 PM
It was supposed to detonate over the ocean, not leaving a trace, but it detonated too early, allowing them to piece the plane back together and find out evidence.

jcap
August 20th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Also, this is fucking disgusting. I don't think there's words in the English language that can describe this:

CEWMwjisnDc

n00b1n8R
August 21st, 2009, 12:14 AM
Here's to the justice system!! :neckbeard:

TeeKup
August 21st, 2009, 12:18 AM
No person deserves to die, no matter what their crimes. That does not however, absolve anyone of the atrocities they have committed. This man killed over 200 innocent lives, he should have stayed locked in prison for the rest of his days, regardless of his health condition.

CN3089
August 21st, 2009, 01:05 AM
al-Megrahi's conviction was a sham anyway, this was a great decision by the secretary and you all are letting the news media brainwash you hth

jcap
August 21st, 2009, 01:33 AM
al-Megrahi's conviction was a sham anyway, this was a great decision by the secretary and you all are letting the news media brainwash you hth
This is always hard. All the evidence against him WAS circumstantial, and that's why the others who were accused were released and acquitted after already spending 8 years in prison. I do honestly wonder if he truly was the one who planted the bomb, or if they just used him to put the blame on someone.

Bodzilla
August 21st, 2009, 02:52 AM
look at just about any other country in the world besides america, the uk, australia and new zealand foreigners arnt considered people.
when my parents where in tailand they wanted to drive a tok tok but where warned thoughly what would happen if there was an accident.
their logic is "if you never came to this country you'd never have been driving, therefore it would of never happed, your at fault and dam the other factors"

and thats what it's like.
same bullshit with the african countrys, middle east, anywhere in asia. we bend over backwards to help these cunts out and they never value our life the same as ours.
that is why i have a serious problem with them.

=sw=warlord
August 21st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Personaly the death he will endure will be alot worse than being blown up on a plane.
Watched both of my grandparents die of cancer and saw what misery it caused.
I personaly thinking dying of cancer is alot worse than a instant death on a plane.
With cancer you know your going to die and your waiting for death to come and get you but each day you get worse and worse with the plane bomb you don't know whats happened because you died too fast.
Cancer is like the death of a thousand cuts.

Limited
August 21st, 2009, 11:57 AM
Personaly the death he will endure will be alot worse than being blown up on a plane.
Watched both of my grandparents die of cancer and saw what misery it caused.
I personaly thinking dying of cancer is alot worse than a instant death on a plane.
With cancer you know your going to die and your waiting for death to come and get you but each day you get worse and worse with the plane bomb you don't know whats happened because you died too fast.
Cancer is like the death of a thousand cuts.
People in Lockerbie burned to death, thats a slow painful death.

How are terrorists going to see this? Its a victory for them, its promoting that we give in and are too soft.

=sw=warlord
August 21st, 2009, 12:01 PM
People in Lockerbie burned to death, thats a slow painful death.

How are terrorists going to see this? Its a victory for them, its promoting that we give in and are too soft.
My point was, the people here were comparing the way people died on the plane to cancer.
Yes i realise people burned to death but think how long it takes to die that way and then compare a disease like cancer that can last for months sometimes years and slowly tears your mind, body and soul apart from the inside.
You will always get people who are ignorant to point of stupidity, that is why sites such as 4chan exist.
If you tried to go out of your way to please everyone then you are going to spend alot more resources which could be used else where.
Don't get me wrong the guy screwed alot of people up but death by cancer is still death of a thousand cuts which last i remember used to be a punishment in it self a very effective punishment at that.

Limited
August 21st, 2009, 12:12 PM
Yes but you can not show weakness to terrorist. I'm saying, why should he be let out? If he wanted to see his mother, they should have flown her over. He never showed any remorse before being diagnosed with cancer.

Malloy
August 21st, 2009, 12:17 PM
I guess the only way to settle this dialemma is if they just have him and his family suffering with his cancer fly around the bermuda triangle in loops until they run out of fuel... then everybody wins.

=sw=warlord
August 21st, 2009, 12:46 PM
Yes but you can not show weakness to terrorist. I'm saying, why should he be let out? If he wanted to see his mother, they should have flown her over. He never showed any remorse before being diagnosed with cancer.
I personaly don't see letting someone die a long and painfull death a weakness.
You clearly don't understand the pains that come from cancer not just physical but also emotional and it isnt just one person affected it will be everyone arround them.
He may not have shown remorese but by the time he die's he will do.
Cancer can challenge a persons strongest beliefs and even if its in his dying hours that he realises what he did was wrong then his lesson is learned.
The whole point of prison is not eye for an eye it is to ensure the individual will not be a threat to the public and i would consider being terminaly ill being one sure way of knowing someone won't be a threat.

Xetsuei
August 21st, 2009, 12:50 PM
I personaly don't see letting someone die a long and painfull death a weakness.
You clearly don't understand the pains that come from cancer not just physical but also emotional and it isnt just one person affected it will be everyone arround them.
He may not have shown remorese but by the time he die's he will do.
Cancer can challenge a persons strongest beliefs and even if its in his dying hours that he realises what he did was wrong then his lesson is learned.
The whole point of prison is not eye for an eye it is to ensure the individual will not be a threat to the public and i would consider being terminaly ill being one sure way of knowing someone won't be a threat.

What you don't seem to understand is that there's a huge difference between dying a slow painful death in prison ALONE and dying a slow painful death with your family by your side any everyone in your country applauding you as a hero. I personally think that he will never realize what he did was wrong, especially since his whole damn country thinks he's a hero because of it. It would be a lot easier for him to realize that if he was rotting in prison alone.

=sw=warlord
August 21st, 2009, 12:53 PM
Would that not make us just as bad as him though?
As i pointed out the prison service was not designed for eye for an eye justice.

Xetsuei
August 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
As i pointed out the prison service was not designed for eye for an eye justice.

Would it make us just as bad as him? Are you shitting me? Not even close.

Limited
August 21st, 2009, 01:15 PM
There is no eye for an eye possible to a man that killed 270 people.

Hes going to die of cancer either way, letting him out won't save his life, hes going to die a painful death.

That doesnt make us as bad as him, he made the decision to kill the people, he knew the consequences and knew what the repercussions would be.

Just think about the amount of suffering and pain the victims families are doing through, this man got off scott free with his ridiculous 20 years sentence, and now hes being released on compassionate grounds, even though he hasnt shown any remorse.

I know of people who, accidently killed their best friend (pushed them over when they were drunk) they fell and hit their head and died. They get life imprisonment, will never get let out because of an accident. Whereas this man, purposely killed 270 people and he gets let out after 20. Wheres the fucking justice in that?

TVTyrant
August 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM
If hes going to die of cancer, let him die of cancer. To my understanding, Libya is completely embargoed by just about everybody. There are no treatments there. He will die. I think they should have kept him for another 10 weeks, but that just me.
:grrr911:

=sw=warlord
August 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM
If hes going to die of cancer, let him die of cancer. To my understanding, Libya is completely embargoed by just about everybody. There are no treatments there. He will die. I think they should have kept him for another 10 weeks, but that just me.
:grrr911:
Exactly, over here we would be paying for his medication such as pain killers and such and even then they wont be much use near the end where as in his home place...

Xetsuei
August 21st, 2009, 04:05 PM
Exactly, over here we would be paying for his medication such as pain killers and such and even then they wont be much use near the end where as in his home place...

:ugh:

rossmum
August 23rd, 2009, 11:33 PM
He should never have been released, but then again, nor should the many, many Nazi officials who had their death sentences commuted and eventually absolved after the war. The guy responsible for the Malmedy Massacre was released by the US after outright murdering some eighty American soldiers who were POWs. It took an unknown person burning his house down with him in it to finally deliver some fucking justice, and the guy was in his seventies by then, living in a comfy house in France.

I believe in fair trials, but by no means should the scum of the Earth be released on compassionate grounds or because it's too much effort and too much of a money drain to fully prosecute them.

TVTyrant
August 24th, 2009, 12:14 AM
He should never have been released, but then again, nor should the many, many Nazi officials who had their death sentences commuted and eventually absolved after the war. The guy responsible for the Malmedy Massacre was released by the US after outright murdering some eighty American soldiers who were POWs. It took an unknown person burning his house down with him in it to finally deliver some fucking justice, and the guy was in his seventies by then, living in a comfy house in France.

I believe in fair trials, but by no means should the scum of the Earth be released on compassionate grounds or because it's too much effort and too much of a money drain to fully prosecute them.
But, he cant survive. As that one guy put it in watchmen, he aint got the kind of cancer you survive from mate. Hes dead. Whether hes dead in Libya or Scotland doesn't matter, but hes as good as dead.

jcap
August 24th, 2009, 12:22 AM
But he's alive now.

Xetsuei
August 24th, 2009, 12:31 AM
But, he cant survive. As that one guy put it in watchmen, he aint got the kind of cancer you survive from mate. Hes dead. Whether hes dead in Libya or Scotland doesn't matter, but hes as good as dead.

What you don't seem to understand is that there's a huge difference between dying a slow painful death in prison ALONE and dying a slow painful death with your family by your side any everyone in your country applauding you as a hero..

TVTyrant
August 24th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Except that if they kept him in Scotland, I'm pretty sure that international law states they would have to do everything in there power to make him better.

Xetsuei
August 24th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Except that if they kept him in Scotland, I'm pretty sure that international law states they would have to do everything in there power to make him better.

I doubt it.

Maniac
August 24th, 2009, 01:11 AM
He never did it, that whole thing was fucked from the start, he was a scapegoat and people in Libya should celebrate his release.
Also this was not the worst terrorist attack in the UK (to whoever said it was).
and yes im pretty sure he would be taken care of the same as anyone on the NHS.

rossmum
August 24th, 2009, 02:00 AM
So who did it? The ZOG? http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-rolleye.gif

CN3089
August 24th, 2009, 02:48 AM
So who did it? The ZOG? http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-rolleye.gif

He's right, it probably wasn't him, hth

also libya should be ashamed of itself for welcoming him as a heroh what's this?

When the Vincennes returned to San Diego, its homeport, the ship was given a hero's welcome, while the members of the crew were "all awarded combat action ribbons." The air warfare coordinator of the ship won the Navy's Commendation Medal "for heroic achievement" for the "ability to maintain his poise and confidence under fire." Citizens in Vincennes, Indiana, raised money to build a monument – not to the dead Iranians but to the ship that shot them down.

Note: All the accounts of the missile attack on the USS Stark and the downing of Iranian flight 655 are from Robert Fisk's harrowing book The Great War for Civilization: The Conquest of the Middle East. A memorable quote resulting from the act of terror came from George H.W. Bush, who was then Ronald Reagan's vice president: "I will never apologize for the United States of America. I don't care what the facts are," said Bush in response to the atrocity. British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher weighed in to support the U.S. The destruction of the passenger plane, she said, was "understandable."

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Tags/lf-arecountry.gif

TVTyrant
August 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I typed out a long ass post. And then deleted it. :ragequit: Dont really care enough to fight with anyone right now. Two a days are killing me :saddowns:

E:Just looked up your example. Clinton settled the disagreement later anyways. Payed out millions of dollars. Just like a good liberal should :iamafag:

=sw=warlord
August 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I doubt it.
No they would have to try and treat him under the NHS, im sure they've already tried thus how they know it is terminal cancer.

Limited
August 24th, 2009, 05:43 PM
He was a criminal, therefore some laws dont apply to him. They would have had to keep him stable and try to relief the pain. But they dont have to do "everything in their power to make him better".

Also this was not the worst terrorist attack in the UK (to whoever said it was).
My bad, I meant to say worst air attack.

Theres been alot of backlash in the news about the release. Rumors stating the release was part of a trade agreement.

Mr Buckshot
August 24th, 2009, 05:53 PM

It's not meant for revenge. It's meant to keep scum like this off the streets in the interest of maintaining public safety.

Even if he's already going to die, he should be dying unhappily in prison. I agree with Limited, letting him go is ridiculous and is like giving in to the enemy. And if he died in prison his body should not be returned to Libya either.

But as some people might say, "omg life imprisonment is ridiculous how can these people ever learn if they get life, even intentional killers deserve a 2nd chance!!!" How about no.

Xetsuei
August 24th, 2009, 06:40 PM
No they would have to try and treat him under the NHS, im sure they've already tried thus how they know it is terminal cancer.

Basically what Limited said. Do prisoners over their really keep their rights? Even more pathetic.

rossmum
August 25th, 2009, 12:21 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Tags/lf-arecountry.gif
True as that may be it doesn't excuse Libya's actions. Stupid bullshit like that is the reason Israel and Palestine will probably never get along, each side just sinks to the same level and nobody has the brains or the balls to take a form of action which doesn't involve the killing of civilians.

Dotkito92
August 25th, 2009, 01:37 AM
They should have just executed him after convicting him in the trial.

rossmum
August 25th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah, nevermind the whole "no capital punishment in the UK anymore" thing!

=sw=warlord
August 25th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Basically what Limited said. Do prisoners over their really keep their rights? Even more pathetic.
Yes they do, in some cases the convicts get more help than the victems.
In alot of prisons inmates get paid to do chores which they can use to spend on different things alot of said inmates either have a playstation3 or a xbox 360.
Look it up on the BBC websites.
So as i just said, you want him to rot then letting himout has done just that.

Xetsuei
August 25th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Yes they do, in some cases the convicts get more help than the victems.
In alot of prisons inmates get paid to do chores which they can use to spend on different things alot of said inmates either have a playstation3 or a xbox 360.
Look it up on the BBC websites.
So as i just said, you want him to rot then letting himout has done just that.

Great prison system you got there.