PDA

View Full Version : Fable III

Hotrod
August 20th, 2009, 10:08 PM
UbcJ1dRXSDY

I know I fail at embedding videos, but whatever.

Enough said :)

kid908
August 20th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Already? damn that was quick.

ThePlague
August 20th, 2009, 10:22 PM
My jaws dropped, then I cried a little. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AWESOME!

Darqeness
August 20th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Eh, I wasn't too impressed with Fable 2, so I've got mixed feelings about this.

E: 100 posts!

TeeKup
August 20th, 2009, 10:26 PM
This better be a whole new game. I very much enjoyed Fable 2, but it was more like an upgrade than anything.

Amit
August 20th, 2009, 10:30 PM
My jaws dropped, then I cried a little. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AWESOME!

How do you deduce that this one will be awesome? Fable II was so hyped and it was more like an expansion pack with better features and graphics. Not even the trailer for this one looks interesting.

paladin
August 20th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Im actually excited. I enjoyed playing both Fable 1 and 2.

kid908
August 20th, 2009, 11:23 PM
God, I loved fable 1. Fable 2 looked like the same shit. This one also looks like the same shit. I like RPG, but most of them are so god damn long, I don't have that kind of time to play all of it T.T

I enjoyed fable 2, but the gameplay was so much like fable one that it just felt like a remake.

ThePlague
August 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM
How do you deduce that this one will be awesome? Fable II was so hyped and it was more like an expansion pack with better features and graphics. Not even the trailer for this one looks interesting.
Because I can? Seriously though...idk.

Donut
August 21st, 2009, 12:37 AM
oh shit i havent even finished 1 yet. still looking for treasure clue ...#3 i think so i can get that frying pan.

i dont even own 2. i need to get my shit together

annihilation
August 21st, 2009, 12:47 AM
Way too soon. But I can't wait.

DEElekgolo
August 21st, 2009, 01:20 AM
Probably going to be a RTS.

tj117
August 21st, 2009, 01:32 AM
What makes you say that?

DEElekgolo
August 21st, 2009, 01:58 AM
The whole king idea makes the game seem like its going to be like a king simulator or a RTS. Inferring that you start the game playing as a king or queen.

Cortexian
August 21st, 2009, 02:30 AM
It said the race to the crown has begun, inferring that you start the game as a race contestant!

Also, I've never played any of the Fable games, is Fable something I should install on the PC?

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 21st, 2009, 06:48 AM
I would suggest you get fable 1 for pc, its fun ^_^

Heathen
August 21st, 2009, 06:54 AM
Already? damn that was quick.
saw it on xbl and thought the same exact thing.

Knew you guys wouldn't approve.

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 21st, 2009, 07:09 AM
It is quick, but that isn't a bad thing :realsmug:

Hotrod
August 21st, 2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks to teh lag for embedding the video, I really do feel noobish now...

Why would they turn a game that's always been a RPG into a RTS? That just doesn't make sense to me, or probably them. They know their game is a successful RPG, so why fix what isn't broken?

sdavis117
August 21st, 2009, 10:27 PM
It will be released 2 years after Fable II. That is the average span between games.

Hotrod
August 21st, 2009, 11:34 PM
It will be released 2 years after Fable II. That is the average span between games.
So you're saying that it will be released next year? And have you seen the time span between Fable 1 and Fable 2? What about StarCraft and StarCraft 2?

=sw=warlord
August 22nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
It is quick, but that isn't a bad thing :realsmug:
That's not what she said

Why would they turn a game that's always been a RPG into a RTS? That just doesn't make sense to me, or probably them. They know their game is a successful RPG, so why fix what isn't broken?
Two words.
Halo Wars.

Hotrod
August 22nd, 2009, 12:44 PM
Two words.
Halo Wars.
Yes, but that isn't quite the same thing. See, if they would have made Halo 3 into an RTS, that would have been completely retarded, but Halo Wars was set at a different time, which gave them more possibility of making it an RTS. Turning Fable 3 into an RTS would ruin the story in the same way that many people agree that WoW ruined the lore of Warcraft, since there wasn't a perfect way to turn an RTS into a MMORPG without changing the way the story worked.

n00b1n8R
August 22nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
I would like to point out that Halo was originally going to be an RTS.

At any rate, I'm undecided. F2 failed to really impressed me (more like F1.5), but if they put enough effort into this, it could be something special. They're not going to change the genre, because that would be stupid (even by Mr Molenue's standards).