PDA

View Full Version : The Ashes

Limited
August 23rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
England have won them back :D:D We won by 197 runs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/8217035.stm

England regained the Ashes with a momentous 197-run win in the deciding Test to seal a 2-1 series triumph
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46254000/jpg/_46254491_flintoff466x260afp.jpg
After losing 5-0 in Australia in 2007, victory in The Oval sun was reminiscent of England's legendary 2005 Ashes win.
Australia resumed on 80-0 needing a further 466 for a world record win but twice lost two wickets in two overs.It wasnt a walk over though (unlike Aus 2007 where they won 5 - 0) Australia did play very well, getting 8 100's although England won the crucial moments.

2010/11 will be interesting, I'm hoping we can retain the ashes in Australia

NullZero
August 23rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
YES

Bodzilla
August 23rd, 2009, 03:49 PM
you guys are gunna miss freddy.

also i've always lol'd at the english team, isnt 3 of them like south african? lmao.

TVTyrant
August 23rd, 2009, 04:34 PM
What game is this? :( I find myself feeling like a very confused west coast American, more closer related to Russia and Japan then England.

sdavis117
August 23rd, 2009, 05:27 PM
I believe that it is Cricket, considering that they are talking about Ashes.

Rosco
August 23rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
you guys are gunna miss freddy.

also i've always lol'd at the english team, isnt 3 of them like south african? lmao.
Oh well, hopefully 1 day cricket doesn't break his fingers or some shit. :downs:
The tiniest trophy evar is ours again :D Things can be said and done which I'm too nice to say bro <3

English Mobster
August 23rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Now win the World Cup.

rossmum
August 24th, 2009, 12:51 AM
You might've won them back, but don't get used to it http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-colbert.gif

n00b1n8R
August 24th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Cricket is a hilariously boring game, especially test matches, hth~

rossmum
August 24th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Cricket is the kind of game you leave on in the background while you do something else so you don't miss the incredible bits where a whole team goes down in a few overs, hth~

=sw=warlord
August 24th, 2009, 06:25 AM
You might've won them back, but don't get used to it http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-colbert.gif
aw u mad:downs:

Bodzilla
August 24th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Cricket is a hilariously boring game, especially test matches, hth~
OUT.

but if your looking at cricket that way your doing it wrong.
it's about chillaxing, lying back in the aircon or after you've got outta the pool kicking back with a coldy.
and hey if you fall asleep for a bit you catch right back up in know time.

it's the greatest game ever.
Gentlemen.

=sw=warlord
August 24th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Im guessing the auzzies lost after drinking too much strongbow.
That's why ross is mad.:haw:
Ah nice to get back whats rightfully our's the auzzies always were good at stealing things not belonging to them,shame their love for their cider got the better of them.:v:

Bodzilla
August 24th, 2009, 07:25 AM
hey dont you guys have a heap of shit from egypt and greece that dont belong to you?
"No doubt you have heard of the controversy surrounding the Elgin Marbles. These are the choice pieces of the frieze on the Parthenon, one of the maidens from the Erechthion and many other artifacts which were 'sold' to the British Lord Elgin by the Turks who were occupying Greece. They are now in the British Museum for 'safe keeping' though the Greek Government, the Greek people and just about everyone else in the world with the exception of the British government believe that they should be returned. To put a contemporary face on the situation if someone broke into your house, held you hostage and sold your Picasso collection to your neighbor you would expect your neighbor to return it. In this case the neighbor says "No, these are mine. I bought them."

ooaaahhh shiiiieeettttt

Rosco
August 24th, 2009, 10:08 AM
hey dont you guys have a heap of shit from egypt and greece that dont belong to you?
"No doubt you have heard of the controversy surrounding the Elgin Marbles. These are the choice pieces of the frieze on the Parthenon, one of the maidens from the Erechthion and many other artifacts which were 'sold' to the British Lord Elgin by the Turks who were occupying Greece. They are now in the British Museum for 'safe keeping' though the Greek Government, the Greek people and just about everyone else in the world with the exception of the British government believe that they should be returned. To put a contemporary face on the situation if someone broke into your house, held you hostage and sold your Picasso collection to your neighbor you would expect your neighbor to return it. In this case the neighbor says "No, these are mine. I bought them."

ooaaahhh shiiiieeettttt

lol yeah but I don't see that having any effect whatsoever especially when we still won. Now you're just digging up dane tactics. :realsmug:

also don't you guys just have a bunch of,

Bodzilla
August 25th, 2009, 06:49 AM
incredible beaches, great weather and people that dont have fucked up teeth?

why yes, yes we do :D

Timo
August 25th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Cricket is awesome. I'll alwayswatch an international 20 20, a one dayer if I have the time and i'll flick channels to see how a test match is going.

=sw=warlord
August 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM

And just about every plant and animal on the island is poisonous and is trying to kill you.
You lot can't even put your shoe's on without the fear of being killed by tiny spiders.

Jean-Luc
August 25th, 2009, 01:58 PM

Oh...and Hugh Jackman :drcox:

That said, I've only watched cricket a couple times, and while it's not the most exciting sport I've ever seen, it's fairly entertaining.

rossmum
August 25th, 2009, 11:01 PM
And just about every plant and animal on the island is poisonous and is trying to kill you.
You lot can't even put your shoe's on without the fear of being killed by tiny spiders.
Grow a pair. I've had to deal with funnel-webs in the house before, and you don't see me complaining.

n00b1n8R
August 26th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I live on a boring island where all the interesting fauna/flora were made extinct thousands of years ago.
Why yes, yes you do.