PDA

View Full Version : Fable: The Lost Chapters PC problem (not booting)

Cortexian
August 23rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
So after I was recommended to play Fable I got my friends old copy and installed it on my PC, however the game won't load unless I rename the "data/Video" folder in the installation directory to something else... This allows the game to load but obviously none of the cut scenes or videos will work in game, is there a fix to this solution? I've already tried every possible combination of Compatibility mode solutions...

Donut
August 23rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
well, i suppose that has something to do with the videos. what is the file extension on them? this is just a shot in the dark, perhaps you could look up plugins for that particular video file

this must be fixed. fable cutscenes are awesome

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 23rd, 2009, 11:18 PM
What do they use, Bink video?
Try reinstalling any software you may have for it, or if it doesnt work, when you are ingame, alt tab and rename it back to see if it works.

Cortexian
August 24th, 2009, 01:15 AM
They're wmv files, and I can play them just fine in Windows Media Player... I've also had some issues with character dialogue, like when the guy from the Heroes Guild is talking to my character I only see subtitles, and no actual audio of him talking...

Inferno
August 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM
You've never played Fable until now.

The fuck is wrong with you? That's one of the greatest games ever made. IMO.

I've played through it nearly 10 times total.

What operating system are you running?

Cortexian
August 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
You've never played Fable until now.

The fuck is wrong with you? That's one of the greatest games ever made. IMO.

I've played through it nearly 10 times total.

What operating system are you running?
It was a console release, I usually don't pick those up for PC for quite awhile.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit build 7600.

Inferno
August 24th, 2009, 04:00 PM
That's probably your problem man.

The WMV codec probably isn't compatible on W7.

Cortexian
August 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
That's probably your problem man.

The WMV codec probably isn't compatible on W7.
As I said, the videos play fine in Windows Media Player if I launch them manually. But the game won't boot unless I rename the "Video" folder to something else...