PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SyncMaster 245B - Where to buy?

Cortexian
August 24th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I'm trying to track down two more Samsung SyncMaster 245B monitors in like-new condition. I believe the monitor has been discontinued because I can't find it "new" anywhere, and there are hardly any ads for it on sites like ebay.

If anyone knows of a good place to check for these, please let me know here!

Kalub
August 24th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Why do you want that specific monitor, just to ask.

Limited
August 24th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Why do you want that specific monitor, just to ask.
So it matches, silly.

Kalub
August 24th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I read two more, why the fuck would you need 4 monitors or the same thing O_O;

also, hai Limited.

Cortexian
August 24th, 2009, 11:04 PM
So it matches, silly.
Exactly this, my minor OCD wouldn't be able to stand having a triple-monitor setup with different monitors.

I read two more, why the fuck would you need 4 monitors or the same thing O_O;

also, hai Limited.
I only have one, I said "I need two more" as in "I need two more if this monitor that I currently have".

CN3089
August 25th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I have one, send me $100 000 and it's yours~~~

king_nothing_
August 25th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Be careful about buying same-model monitors at different times. I bought my two monitors (Acer AL2216Ws) about ten months apart, and although they are the exact same model, they are different. They are different heights (I had to put stuff under one of them to make them sit at the same height), the color is not as good on one of them, and there are some other subtle differences.

klange
August 25th, 2009, 12:10 PM
...the color is not as good on one of them...
Unfortunately, this will almost always happen between any two displays, even if the LCDs are exactly the same, especially in lower-end/budget models.

Though both of my VA2226ws are on SRGB color mode, they have obvious differences (one is distinctly bluer). I can correct it with manual color settings, but I'm too lazy to actually do it.

Cortexian
August 26th, 2009, 01:48 AM
I might go soft and buy three 22" monitors (SyncMaster 2243BW's) because they're cheaper and due to the resolution restrictions implemented in TripleHead2Go. I'm going to be using TripleHead instead of SoftTH because I'll be using GTX 285's in SLI, and since SLI only outputs to one DVI port I can't use SoftTH.

The other option is to buy two SyncMaster 245T's and place em on either side of my 245B. Height isn't really an issue because they all have adjustable height stands, as well as tilt and pivot.

Siliconmaster
August 26th, 2009, 02:12 AM
SyncMaster 2253BW ftw. :P

Cortexian
August 26th, 2009, 03:09 AM
SyncMaster 2253BW ftw. :P
Too glossy and consumer looking for my needs.

InnerGoat
August 26th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Go with the 22" setup if you're going to use th2go and SLI. There's no alternative :-3

Cortexian
August 27th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Go with the 22" setup if you're going to use th2go and SLI. There's no alternative :-3
TH2Go still works with 24" monitors, it just forces the resolution down to what it can deal with. :(

Higuy
August 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
My main monitor is Samsung SyncMaster 2233sw 22". It's very nice, and big enough with a big res of 1920x1200. I'd get it if you see it.

Mr Buckshot
August 27th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Can't find any new ones, but NCIX has two open-box units for sale right now. The exact monitor you're asking for.

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=24159&vpn=LS24HUBCBQ/XAA&manufacture=Samsung

Cortexian
August 28th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Can't find any new ones, but NCIX has two open-box units for sale right now. The exact monitor you're asking for.

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=24159&vpn=LS24HUBCBQ/XAA&manufacture=Samsung
Already tried to buy them, and when you actually get to the check out it says "The product (24159) was discontinued and removed from the shopping cart". Not sure if it's a site glitch or what, I'll email them.

Cortexian
September 2nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
The two SyncMaster 245B's from NCIX are on their way, and they've got their 3 year warranty from Samsung still in tact starting today. So even if they're shitty cause they're open box I can get on Samsung's ass to fix em up right!

This is going to be a BEAST of a setup, unfortunately I had to loan for the monitors off my parents until I can pay for them completely (since I can't get a job right now). Can't use them until I pay for them in full :(, fuck you economy!

*Goes and hands out resumes*

Phopojijo
September 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
You can output SLi to 2 DVI ports as long as they're on the same card I believe.

You just cannot output to 3, 4, 5, 6... without turning off SLi temporarily (or have a third unmatched videocard)

Keep note -- I haven't done SLi yet. Just was on nVidia's website.

Cortexian
September 3rd, 2009, 03:31 AM
You can output SLi to 2 DVI ports as long as they're on the same card I believe.

You just cannot output to 3, 4, 5, 6... without turning off SLi temporarily (or have a third unmatched videocard)

Keep note -- I haven't done SLi yet. Just was on nVidia's website.
My plan was:
• SLI GTX 285's
to
• Single DVI out
to
• Single DVI in
to
• Matrox TripleHead2Go
to
• Three DVI outs
to
• Three Samsung SyncMaster 245B monitors

However I'm going to get the GTX 285 next so I can SoftTH until I get TripleHead2Go. Also, does anyone know of a S-Video - DVI converter that's fairly cheap? I'd like to use all three monitors on a single card until I get the other one.