PDA

View Full Version : Modding

Dotkito92
August 25th, 2009, 01:39 AM
I remember that a lot of people were disappointed about how the editing tools for H2V were locked, limited only to custom geometry.

However I also noticed that the Xbox version of the game has a lot of cool mods, and it doesn't even have built in editing tools.

So my question is, isn't there a way to mod H2V without using the provided editing tools? Like, just do it the Xbox way?

t3h m00kz
August 25th, 2009, 01:44 AM
I've wondered that myself, if the developers of the modding tools for the Xbox version have ever considered programming it for H2V.

I'd doubt it though, alot of people aren't fond of Halo 2 PC

p0lar_bear
August 25th, 2009, 09:18 AM
The only things I remember being released on Modacity that worked around the locked EK were these tools:

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4068
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3107

ModNexus (formerly Halomods) might have what you're looking for, since they were primarily focused on XBox version modding which was mainly meta swapping and whatnot. No promises, though, as H2V was considered a pretty big failure.

Dotkito92
August 25th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.

I also have an Xbox 1 that still works, however I don't know how to put the xbox mods on it. I'm too nooby to modify the console myself, probably will break it if I try lol.

t3h m00kz
August 26th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Get a copy of the first Spinter Cell, and use something like Action Replay to exploit the savegame information to boot your stuff onto your box.

Though I can't really promise that you'll find Action Replay or Spinter Cell anywhere, since the stores DONT SELL XBOX SHIT ANYMORE

Action Replay's a bit pricey, but comes with a memory card and USB adapter. Just what you'll need.

Resinball
August 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM
If you already have a legal copy of Halo 2 (XBox) then I see no reason you could not download the ISO or individual maps.

p0lar_bear
August 26th, 2009, 08:29 PM
If you already have a legal copy of Halo 2 (XBox) then I see no reason you could not download the ISO or individual maps.

And that would get the mods onto his Xbox how, now?

Resinball
August 29th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Its already been explained how to do that, why answer a question that's already been answered? Its also stated that it can be difficult to get the right tools to soft-mod and the poster said he had little faith in his ability to do so...thus I am referring to modding H2V, as to the original post and as this part of the forum is for the Vista version. Ah, but but why XBox maps? Because you can extract and view a lot more of what is inside of a H2X map file with the current tools and then apply what you have learned/extracted to H2V. As you already know, but hey you asked.

Personally I have had a lot of success modding H2V. Here is a list of tools that I use for H2X and H2V modding:

http://www.modnexus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=82458&sid=9c6e8f3d9c3ae1331b4034a970bc455d