PDA

View Full Version : My home button broke.

kid908
August 25th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Basicly, My home button on my itouch is well, dead. It's always down but not always active. I have to press really hard for it to work, but the botton doesn't move an mm. I haven't had mine for more than a year, so I donno if the warranty still works. Mine is also jailbroken. If I unjailbreak it and restore the 2.2.1 firmware and send it in, will apple beable to detect any of the jailbroken stuff? If there's a cheap DIY that doesn't require opening it, can someone link me?

cheezdue
August 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure they wont be able detect if your ipod was jailbroken. Since restoring will wipe out everything you had on there.

TheGhost
August 25th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Is it within a year? If so, you're going to want Apple to fix it.

Cojafoji
August 25th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Basicly, My home button on my itouch is well, dead. It's always down but not always active. I have to press really hard for it to work, but the botton doesn't move an mm. I haven't had mine for more than a year, so I donno if the warranty still works. Mine is also jailbroken. If I unjailbreak it and restore the 2.2.1 firmware and send it in, will apple beable to detect any of the jailbroken stuff? If there's a cheap DIY that doesn't require opening it, can someone link me?
back up your files and restore it to 2.2.1. no, they won't be able to detect anything.

Syuusuke
August 25th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Definitely what gHost said., and restore it so it's almost spanking clean (software wise). Then go to an Apple Store and they'll most likely just give you a replacement... If it's still under warranty that is.

If not, you may need to open it up? You could try to get a small knife in that little button to see if itll come up?

kid908
August 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I bought the Itouch in spring 2009 and it's prob only 7 months at the most. I didn't buy extra warranty and my ipod isn't registered to me yet. So is the standard free warranty 1 year?

Syuusuke
August 25th, 2009, 09:37 PM
You have til Spring '10?

Btw, in case you're wondering your warranty will still be until spring '10 if you do get a replacement.

kid908
August 25th, 2009, 09:52 PM
uh...It fixed itself =\ wtf...I left it on the couch to charge and it went back to normal:neckbeard:

Cojafoji
August 25th, 2009, 10:25 PM
uh...It fixed itself =\ wtf...I left it on the couch to charge and it went back to normal:neckbeard:
you should still take it in. they'll replace the damn thing.