PDA

View Full Version : Fix for scratched screens?

Horns
August 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM
My less then one week old blackberry has a nice brand new scratch spanning the length of it. And I have no clue where it came from. It's a blackberry curve 8330. The scratch doesn't appear to be deep but it's kind of deceiving.

I was wondering if there was anyway to fix this for no more then $15. I was told rubbing oak ash would help but that just sounds strange to me.

Heathen
August 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
for less than 15 dollars you could have bought a case and prevented it all together.

Cojafoji
August 25th, 2009, 10:26 PM
there's that 3m stuff that does it, but i'm too hammered to remember what it is. they make it for taillights.

Horns
August 26th, 2009, 12:29 AM
for less than 15 dollars you could have bought a case and prevented it all together.

I have a case, it's in it 90% of the time. I also bought an invisible shield 3 days ago and it just arrived today, a little to late. It's not like i neglected it, shit happens and it really pisses me off. If I didn't care about it I wouldn't care about a little scratch, the thing is I do care about it and I want it to be and stay in good condition.

Cortexian
August 26th, 2009, 01:55 AM
My Blackberry Storm is perfectly fine and I just have a Seidio Spring-Clip Holster. It's been dropped on all kinds of crap (including a rock that was just under the water line of a river) and it's just got some minor scratches around the edges, screen is perfectly fine and works just like new.

So yea get a better phone, hth!

Other than that, the mentioned 3m scratch remover stuff usually works well.

Syuusuke
August 26th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Depending on how bad the scratches are, the invisible shield might actually hide the sxratches.

Horns
August 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Ok thanks guys, Ill try both of those.

paladin
August 26th, 2009, 11:36 PM
http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Power-Tool-Accessories-Polishing-kits/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5Zbb3f/R-100671748/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Attaches to your standard power drill

e: i used this on my 1st gen Ipod video and later model Ipods.