PDA

View Full Version : Senator Edward Kennedy dies at 77

Jean-Luc
August 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090826/NEWS-US-KENNEDY/

RIP Teddy :smith:

sdavis117
August 26th, 2009, 07:50 AM
May he rest in peace, and may the News Outlets let him do so.

Jean-Luc
August 26th, 2009, 07:58 AM
In an ideal world they would leave it be. But, with the knowledge he fought brain cancer for so long, I can 99.5% guarantee there will be at least a week of news anchors commenting on his "bravery" in fighting.

Ganon
August 26th, 2009, 08:11 AM
seems like this forum is turning into an obituary site.

Sever
August 26th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Fuck.

That explains it. it isn't the years 2008 or 2009 that are killing people, it's MODACITY. Ever since we changed over from H2V to Modacity, our pop-culture idols have been dropping like flies. Take the site down now, unless you enjoy murdering our beloved celebrities!

Siliconmaster
August 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
D: Damn. RIP, man.

And that's a scary thought. We're killing people! :gonk:

Dwood
August 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
D: . RIP, man.

And that's a scary thought. We're killing people! :gonk:

What's worse, is that it's our existence that's killing people.

Siliconmaster
August 26th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Existential nightmare! :aaaaa:

Cojafoji
August 26th, 2009, 03:22 PM
he may have been a little to far left for me, but I'll be damned if someone says that he wasn't a good egg.

paladin
August 26th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Good.

He should have been in jail for killing Mary Jo Kopechne.

jngrow
August 27th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Good.

It's a sad story, and serves as an example that the rich and powerful often get let off the hook much too easily. But you can't deny the insane amount of good he did afterward.

tj117
August 27th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Good.

God I hate when I see people saying things like this.

RIP.

paladin
August 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM
God I hate when I see people saying things like this.

RIP.

Why because its true....:raise:

sdavis117
August 27th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Why because its true....:raise:
You act like that accident was a murder. It was not. It was an ACCIDENT. Tnedicca if you spell it backwards.

paladin
August 28th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Any other citizen would have been charged with manslaughter. HE LEFT THE SCENE BEFORE SHE WAS DEAD.

Full Article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident)
In July of 1969, Kopechne's body was discovered inside an overturned car belonging to Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy of Massachusetts under water in a tidal channel on Chappaquiddick Island, Massachusetts. After the body was found by local fishermen, Kennedy gave a statement to police saying that on the previous night Kopechne was his passenger when he took a wrong turn and accidentally drove his car off a bridge into the water. Later, he pleaded guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of an accident after causing injury; he received a suspended sentence. The incident became a national scandal and may have influenced Kennedy's decision not to run in the 1972 presidential election.

Hes a fucking pig, who escaped jail because of the corrupt American legal system.

FUCK HIM. Hes burning in Hell now...

sdavis117
August 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Any other citizen would have been charged with manslaughter. HE LEFT THE SCENE BEFORE SHE WAS DEAD.

Hes a fucking pig, who escaped jail because of the corrupt American legal system.

What you forgot to say was that he said that he dived several times to try and save her, but was unsuccessful. Sure, he should have called the police right away, but saying that someone who accomplished many good deeds during his life is burning in Hell for one mistake is overdoing it.

teh lag
August 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
What you forgot to say was that he said that he dived several times to try and save her, but was unsuccessful. Sure, he should have called the police right away, but saying that someone who accomplished many good deeds during his life is burning in Hell for one mistake is overdoing it.

no he was an evil evil EVIL MAN!

Aerowyn
August 28th, 2009, 03:08 PM

Huh, maybe you two can hang out sometime after you die.... :allears:

ICEE
August 28th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Golly we're a fun bunch

sevlag
August 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Golly we're a fun bunchyep :B

its sad, was watching NECN this morning and they were covering the people who were paying their respects to him

Dwood
August 28th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Golly we're a fun bunch

Just wait until the eventual Abortion topics arise again. Not only that, but Ross in my Military thread was pretty messed up.

PopeAK49
August 28th, 2009, 07:14 PM

Yes, you will meet him soon after you die. Then he will most certainly ass rape you. :v:

rossmum
August 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Just wait until the eventual Abortion topics arise again. Not only that, but Ross in my Military thread was pretty messed up.
well what else is there to do when dumbfucks think they know shit

v:embarrassed:v

ICEE
August 28th, 2009, 07:39 PM
At least we're on the same page there.

thehoodedsmack
August 28th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Why are people so opinionated on something that happened before they were even born? It strikes me as a case where somebody Googled Ted Kennedy, found a controversial issue surrounding him, and proceeded to start slinging shit. Anyways, RIP, big guy. The Kennedys were cool.

ICEE
August 28th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Didn't you hear? things happened before you were born!

rossmum
August 29th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Why are people so opinionated on something that happened before they were even born? It strikes me as a case where somebody Googled Ted Kennedy, found a controversial issue surrounding him, and proceeded to start slinging shit. Anyways, RIP, big guy. The Kennedys were cool.
in all probability this is exactly what happened

humans have this really annoying fucking habit of talking shit about things they don't understand to try and make themselves look big

paladin
August 29th, 2009, 10:39 PM
It strikes me as a case where somebody Googled Ted Kennedy, found a controversial issue surrounding him, and proceeded to start slinging shit. .

Too bad he was the topic of 2 of my lectures last quarter. Intro. Law and US Politics . Too bad my law professor was the one who informed me about the Chappaquiddick incident not google.

Why are people so opinionated on something that happened before they were even born?

If you want to throw that opinionated bullshit on the table, why do black people today still pull the slave card? I don't think my neighbor has ever been a slave, but yet he still reminds everyone, everyday what 'we white folk' did to him and his 'people'. It's called history, you should learn it some time...

I won't put down what Sen. Kennedy accomplished as a Politician, but he was a scumbag.

in all probability this is exactly what happened

humans have this really annoying fucking habit of talking shit about things they don't understand to try and make themselves look big

Look at you....

jngrow
August 31st, 2009, 12:08 AM
I'm confused as to why you think he is a separate person as a politician.. you keep painting this so black and white.. I mean you can dislike him, even hate him, but personally I think it's just lazy to simply label him as a "scumbag".