PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime Trilogy released! Again!

Pooky
August 26th, 2009, 06:53 PM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2973/metroidprimetrilogylogo.jpg

I've got mine right now :3

Comes in a shiny metal box, with a neat little pamphlet that sums up the story pretty nicely and fills in a couple holes. Manual is fucking huge, with seperate sections for all 3 games in full color.

As for the games themselves, they're basically the same as before. The first two games have been appropriately up-res'd to the same level as Prime 3, and a few minor new features and changes can be found here and there. The first two games also have Token achievements now, which I guess should give them a bit of extra replay value.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2549/metroidprime3apr29.jpg

Oh, and the Echoes multiplayer function is now actually quite fun with the motion sensor controls :S

flibitijibibo
August 26th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I would have it if classes didn't start on the release date, and if I weren't broke. :(

Is this game in limited quantity, or will this be around for... say, the next 6 months?

Aside from my own problems, this looks like such a good bundle, and it's my top priority in games right now. Metroid Prime 1 + hi res = :iamafag:

BobtheGreatII
August 26th, 2009, 07:04 PM
That's pretty cool. I mean, I knew about it, but I didn't know it had be released.

teh lag
August 26th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I'm definitely getting this soon. Prime 3's controls were wonderful.

Ki11a_FTW
August 26th, 2009, 07:14 PM
ffffffffffff

i sold my wii :smith:

Higuy
August 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I'm definitely getting this soon. Prime 3's controls were wonderful.
With the Wii remote and analog stick or w/e?
Oh god, I tried playing it with that, and I was like :smith:
I'll probally get this, I'll ive played it Super metriod and prime 3, soo..

Hotrod
August 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I'm actually thinking of buying a Wii, now that this is out.

Phopojijo
August 26th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I'm actually thinking of buying a Wii, now that this is out.
Yeahhh don't. Not unless you have several very good reasons to. Wiis usually just end up dust-balls.

flibitijibibo
August 26th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Phopo is right. If most of these don't apply, go play it at a friend's:
1. Metroid Prime Trilogy
2. Wii Sports (not necessarily Resort)
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I don't like it all too much, but the emissary is pretty cool)
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2
6. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (#2 on my aforementioned priority list)
7. Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (But you can play too!)
8. Zelda: Twilight Princess, if you happen to be a fan of this series
9. A shitload of other Gamecube games I can't think of
10. Mario Kart Wii, if you have low enough standards

Pooky
August 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Phopo is right. If most of these don't apply, go play it at a friend's:
1. Metroid Prime Trilogy
2. Wii Sports (not necessarily Resort)
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I don't like it all too much, but the emissary is pretty cool)
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2
6. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (#2 on my aforementioned priority list)
7. Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (But you can play too!)
8. Zelda: Twilight Princess, if you happen to be a fan of this series
9. A shitload of other Gamecube games I can't think of
10. Mario Kart Wii, if you have low enough standards

That said, I don't think I need to tell anyone here that if you've got a Wii then this is an extremely good deal, on par with the Orange Box. 3 games plus new features and associated extras, for the price of one?

odseraphim
August 27th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I want it. I don't want a Wii again though. I might have to go over to someone's house to play it.

Pooky
August 28th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Having spent a bit of time with the first game earlier today, I have to say there are a lot of subtle differences between this version and the original. Various sounds are different, like the threat indicator, several textures have been replaced, some enemies have different names, and weirdest of all, every single Chozo lore I've scanned so far has been very different from the original.

None of these changes are necessarily bad, but I don't understand why they were even made at all. Certainly, the new Chozo lore scans don't have the same cryptic quality the originals had.

odseraphim
August 28th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Having spent a bit of time with the first game earlier today, I have to say there are a lot of subtle differences between this version and the original. Various sounds are different, like the threat indicator, several textures have been replaced, some enemies have different names, and weirdest of all, every single Chozo lore I've scanned so far has been very different from the original.

None of these changes are necessarily bad, but I don't understand why they were even made at all. Certainly, the new Chozo lore scans don't have the same cryptic quality the originals had.
They are probably from the UK version, as they had different lore (and the UK version was known for a harder difficulty).

Pooky
August 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM
They are probably from the UK version, as they had different lore (and the UK version was known for a harder difficulty).

I don't suppose you have a link for comparison?

It's kind of starting to bug me, I liked the original scans a lot better :\

e: I also noticed, missile ammo comes in different sizes now, which is something I definitely remember being in the European version.

`CaSs!~
August 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
So is the standalone version of Metroid Prime 3 any different than the version that comes on this disk?

Are the first 2 games playable with a gamecube controller off of this disk?

I have Metroid Prime 1 for Gamecube, but never got around to buying Metroid Prime 3. Should I just get this?

Daishi
August 29th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I played Metroid 3 for an hour and never looked back. The controls were absolute shit.

Sever
August 29th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I played Metroid 3 for an hour and never looked back. The controls were absolute shit.No, the controls are very non-standard, but are perfectly tailored to the gameplay. Once the revelation of the control scheme's perfection dawns upon you, you will despise and cast out all other button layouts. Every logical action is easily performed, often easier than would be with other control schemes, and is intertwined with the gameplay through and through. Yes, it's different, but that's because the gameplay requires it so.

Pooky, you owe me like three +reps for this post.

Pooky
September 1st, 2009, 11:09 AM
I played Metroid 3 for an hour and never looked back. The controls were absolute shit.

Uh, are you trying to talk about Super Metroid, or Corruption?

Either way, I have no idea what's wrong with you.

DarkHalo003
December 6th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I'm bringing this thread back to life since I have just started playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (since there's no other topic for it). I've gotten to the GFC Valhalla and it's giving me that "The Flood" feeling. Should I expect the metroids at this point or keep guessing?

Donut
December 6th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Gentlemen, since this thread is totally relevant to my recent conquests, i will post this here:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/TheKillerDonut/P1040387.jpg

i recently acquired one of the 4 copies of this game on sale in rhode island. now all i need to do is find my wii remote and we're all set.
im excited, moses is pissed. its a good trade off :iamafag:
E: and yes, dont worry, i carefully scrapped that fucking price tag off about 30 seconds after taking this picture. paper insults my metal case.

TeeKup
December 7th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I'm bringing this thread back to life since I have just started playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (since there's no other topic for it). I've gotten to the GFC Valhalla and it's giving me that "The Flood" feeling. Should I expect the metroids at this point or keep guessing?

Uhh... Yes? Valhalla was creepy as shit. ...Loved it though.