PDA

View Full Version : Opera 10 RC Released!

Huero
August 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Hey folks. Though I'm sure most of you are aware of this, I'll post it anyway.

Opera 10 has finally left beta, and a Release Candidate has been, well, released. Get it here. (http://www.opera.com/browser/next/)

Oh, and as a sidenote, does anyone know any worthwhile hacks/unnofficial add-ons for Opera?

Rook
August 27th, 2009, 04:33 PM
New icon is ugly, doesn't seem any different than the beta... or O9 actually. The only new thing that is useful is the inline spellchecker that Firefox has had forever.

Terry
August 27th, 2009, 04:35 PM
gj being wrong.

Since 9x, it became faster, more stable and more acid3 compliant. Also, the skin looks better imo. Finally has an autoupdater too.

Huero
August 27th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Speed Dial is better; you can customize how many sites you have on it. Also, Turbo is great for travel, as you deal with connections of varying speeds. Oh, and the icon looks better in my opinion. The last one was very uh... old-agey.

sdavis117
August 27th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Firefox has been slowing down quite a bit for me. I thought this may be a Virus, but I just scanned my PC and it seems that that is not the case. I might just try out Opera. IE and Firefox are the only two browsers I have really used (I tried Safari for the PC, but I did not like it that much).

Edit: Okay, I am trying it out, and I must say that so far it is faster then Firefox. Now I haven't tested it on any of the things that slowed Firefox to a crawl (Youtube and Roosterteeth.com), but so far Opera is taking about a third of the memory that Firefox took up (63mb compared to 200mb).

Edit2: Youtube is much faster, but Roosterteeth is still slow as hell (even though I think that is on their end, not mine).

Edit3: Opera ruins Javascript pop-up notifications.