PDA

View Full Version : B vs.G Hoplite HUD

mined
October 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Some of you mentioned making the hud blue. I am not sure how blue will look on the model hud but I am willing to give it a whirl. I think I will release the tags for both color versions with the hoplite...but we all know that it is a simple swap of color values.

Anyways here's some examples for the poll. I am curious to see everyone's opinion.
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/3373/haloce1mn8.jpg
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/5738/haloce2hg4.jpg

Agamemnon
October 8th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Blue, mainly because that's the color scheme for the Chief's HUD already.

Oh, and might I ask...Why is the HUD so HUGE?

mined
October 8th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I am trying to keep the feel of a jet fighter HUD. Also, as you will see in the upcoming final renders, the ingame screen HUD replicates the HUD over the center console in the hoplite model. Once you see that, it will make a lot more sense and add a lot more continuity between the 3p experience and the model.

:cool:

Agamemnon
October 8th, 2006, 10:31 AM
See my other post in the Hoplite thread. :cool:

TheGhost
October 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Blue has an overwhelming lead, lol.

rossmum
October 8th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Just a bit...

The green is just too intrusive, and since the HUD is blue for everything else... why change? Perhaps blue has replaced green in the UNSC as far as displays go.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
October 8th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Blue for day, green for night.

Or how about a compromise - Blue-Green! :)

Seriously though, blue would be better because it is not so bright and contrasty and distracting.

mined
October 8th, 2006, 12:22 PM
As much as I hate to agree, admittingly, blue is less intrusive.

It looks like blue FTW.

SnaFuBAR
October 8th, 2006, 01:18 PM
i chose blue because if fit better with the rest of the hud. if you wanted to go in and change the color of the rest of the hud, i'd go with green. i agree, it does have more of a fighter feel, but to be honest, i'd really go with it if it was in FP with some kind of view of the helmet.

Zeph
October 8th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I say go for blue, and make the alpha more radial instead of verticle.

FireDragon04
October 8th, 2006, 01:42 PM
The Blue one, Looks better, in general!

mined
October 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Blue for day, green for night.

Although you were joking when you said that, I think you have a valid point. I put the green hud into a map with Gephy's sky and it looks pretty cool imo. I think I will release both huds. Everyone can use either hud as they see fit for their map. Both will simply be available for the end user at their discretion. Also if no one wants the large display part they can just delete it from the reticle list in the tag.

SO for now:

Green available and suggested for night maps.

Blue available and suggested for day maps.

Apoc4lypse
October 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
hmmm, I like the blue one, but it needs to be more inventive, not just a gradien IMO, but blue looks nice here I think because it flows nicer with the hud. If you could combine the 2 into 1 though, I might say yes, maybe a blue reticle with some green glowyish text with random numbers (like scroling x/y axis numbers indicating ur location maybe altitude type deal also, the numbers obviously wudnt be right, just for looks.)

Atty
October 8th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Its much too bold and jagged. Keep it blue, make it more clean and straight, or atleast try, its much to bland right now. It needs to be more technical aswell, its too big and bulky now to be a HUD.

PlasbianX
October 8th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Blue.

Boo Diddly
October 8th, 2006, 08:10 PM
hm, what about other colors like:
-red
-orange
-black
-purple
-yellow
-white
How would those possible look?

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
October 8th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Bad.

Boo Diddly
October 8th, 2006, 09:28 PM
and you know this for a fact?

rossmum
October 8th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Yes.

mined
October 8th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Any other color would be completely random and not make much sense even for a video game. The idea behind green is to replicate a traditional hud. The blue is obviously to meet the typical HALO standard.

Boo Diddly
October 8th, 2006, 09:36 PM
that must mean I am quite abnormal for liking diffrent colors of huds...

rossmum
October 8th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Freak. :D

mined
October 8th, 2006, 09:37 PM
that must mean I am quite abnormal for liking diffrent colors of huds...

sure...but we appreciate your colorfulness. :p

Boo Diddly
October 8th, 2006, 09:38 PM
WOOT!

Rescudo
October 11th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Pink HUD for the win.

Actually, I'm saying Blue as well - but I think the HUD is just a tad big... :eyesroll:

Boo Diddly
October 12th, 2006, 06:33 PM
>.< I was the only one who voted green.

mined
October 13th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Hey man,I have a somewhat biased fondness of the green to. But our lil community has spoken and I must bend to their will........:p

rossmum
October 13th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Damn straight you better bend to our will.

Reaper Man
October 13th, 2006, 08:39 AM
i really hope you don't use that green texture for the hoplite... pelican color scheme ftw.

Rescudo
October 13th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Did you just remove the possibility to see who voted? :p

rossmum
August 27th, 2009, 05:29 PM
did anyone ever end up getting this ingame

i think i still have what mined gave me for safekeeping somewhere on my pc

e/ fuck you innergout

English Mobster
August 27th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, this is waaay before my time. What the fuck is this? Pictures 404'd, someone explain. Was someone making a jet fighter or some shit?

Advancebo
August 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I got it ingame, it just needed new physics, and a few tweaks to the animations.

English Mobster
August 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
What, exactly, was it?

Reaper Man
August 27th, 2009, 09:57 PM
It was this awesome single man fighter that never got finished...

English Mobster
August 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Pics?

Inferno
August 27th, 2009, 10:03 PM
The fuck? Massive bump.

Holy fuck aggy posted in this thread. SHIT IS OLD.

FRain
August 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Holy fuck the hoplite oh man i remember testing that it was badass. mined was a genius

BobtheGreatII
August 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Didn't this have a texturing contest? I remember getting the model from it. Was an epic thing. Wish I hadn't deleted the file. : /

English Mobster
August 27th, 2009, 11:22 PM
And yet no pictures for the new guy...
It's almost... It's almost as if you don't love me... ='[

BobtheGreatII
August 27th, 2009, 11:24 PM
This thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aEQRaZFEeA

English Mobster
August 27th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Oh, hello.

Never seen that before.

Looked cool, I'm jumping onto the bandwagon for this one.

FRain
August 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM
It was quite the awesome sauce. We tested it on infinity and it was probably the most balanced, yet awesome shit i've ever played with.

Maniac
August 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM
model and skin packs
http://www.filefront.com/14413711/Hoplite-Skinning-Contest.rar/

rossmum
August 28th, 2009, 04:21 AM
From what little I recall, Mined gave everything he had on the Hoplite to a few of us (myself and Agaypokemon were two, can't remember who else but they're all community veterans) for safekeeping. I don't know the first thing about getting shit ingame, but I do have a fair idea of the kind of quality that Mined would want and I wouldn't mind if someone would translate my ideas on its performance and whatnot into the game.

Does anyone know where he's got to? He was a Good Poster :smith:

n00b1n8R
August 28th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Shit, I was wondering what happend to this about 2 weeks ago.
Would like to get this ingame and I seem to recall Mined saying something about life getting in the way of his posting (partly why he didn't have time to finish it or something.. could have been someone else though, was 3 years ago (jesus christ we're old))

Rosco
August 28th, 2009, 06:47 AM
From what little I recall, Mined gave everything he had on the Hoplite to a few of us (myself and Agaypokemon were two, can't remember who else but they're all community veterans) for safekeeping. I don't know the first thing about getting shit ingame, but I do have a fair idea of the kind of quality that Mined would want and I wouldn't mind if someone would translate my ideas on its performance and whatnot into the game.

Does anyone know where he's got to? He was a Good Poster :smith:

Yeah he had things like wife and house to deal with rossmum.

Corndogman
August 29th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Fuck you people, making me think Mined was back :smith: