PDA

View Full Version : US - Kidnapped for 18 years

Limited
August 28th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8225621.stm

A US woman found after being abducted as a girl in 1991 gave birth to two children fathered by her alleged kidnapper - the first when she was 14.
Jaycee Lee Dugard and her daughters, 11 and 15, were kept in a "hidden backyard within a backyard", police say.

Unbelievable, I am stunned how this can happen in the US, and only 1 hour away from San Francisco so its not like its out in the sticks hours away from anything. 18 years kidnapped, its like that case Austria however that was out in the sticks, not in the heart of civilization.

Ironic, considering American is "the land of the free", outrageous that police dont keep a track on people who are on the sex offenders register, someone needs to keep check these monsters arent doing anything bad.

Cojafoji
August 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Ironic, considering American is "the land of the free", outrageous that police dont keep a track on people who are on the sex offenders register, someone needs to keep check these monsters arent doing anything bad.
Blame the parole officer.

ICEE
August 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
actually you can reach some pretty stickly areas only driving an hour from San Francisco. In any case, I'd agree with cojafoji. The parole officer is at fault for not discovering this. I also find it interesting that they didnt have any comments or opinions of Jaycee herself in the article. I wonder if shes managed to stay sane

Dwood
August 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I'm pretty sure you can blame the ACLU for us not being allowed to track Sex Offenders.

Don't quote me on it though.

annihilation
August 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I am watching a news report about this right now.
Apparently the nieghbors called the polic and reported seeing Jaycee Lee Dugard in the guys (he was a registered sex offender btw). The polic officer just knocked on his door and had a little chat with him in his front yard.
This was 3 years ago. She had to endur it for 3 more years becuase the fucking cop is a dip shit.

I hope they sue the county for that bullshit.

They have been to this guys house multiple times.
in 2008 and in 2006 I belive.

The person that called the polic even stated that the guy was a sex offender.

jngrow
August 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, this has been all over the news, it's pretty local for me. Crazy shit

Rentafence
August 28th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Ironic, considering American is "the land of the free"

What does that have to do with people committing some sort of crime?

jngrow
August 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM
What does that have to do with people committing some sort of crime?
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Like I was about to post those exact words, got too lazy to edit and quote. Whoa.

English Mobster
August 29th, 2009, 12:25 AM
This is fucked up. No other words for it.

Higuy
August 29th, 2009, 09:39 AM
She was held prisoner in a back yard from when she was 11 till she was 29 (18 years)
what the fuck

Alwin Roth
August 29th, 2009, 09:48 AM
dumbass idiots.

Kolobus
August 29th, 2009, 09:53 AM
i just really want to know how to obtain a hidden backyard in my backyard

flibitijibibo
August 29th, 2009, 10:14 AM
i just really want to know how to obtain a hidden backyard in my backyardI think this is against the current rules, but come on. This is just too obvious. Spoiler'd to cover my ass:
YO DAWG I HERD YOU LIKE KIDNAPPING SO WE PUT A BACKYARD IN YOUR BACKYARD SO YOU CAN HIDE WHILE YOU HIDE
Anyway... it is pretty hard to believe that someone could have hidden someone in a well populated area for 18 years. Wouldn't someone get suspicious after a while? I'm not the physicist here, but I'm still pretty sure that a quantum backyard isn't invisible. Seriously, wasn't he a registered sex offender? That's a lot of red lights for an entire area to miss. Silly Californians...

Cojafoji
August 29th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Spoiler'd to cover my ass:
YO DAWG I HERD YOU LIKE KIDNAPPING SO WE PUT A BACKYARD IN YOUR BACKYARD SO YOU CAN HIDE WHILE YOU HIDE

I lol'd so fucking hard.

Dwood
August 29th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I think this is against the current rules, but come on. This is just too obvious. Spoiler'd to cover my :
Anyway... it is pretty hard to believe that someone could have hidden someone in a well populated area for 18 years. Wouldn't someone get suspicious after a while? I'm not the physicist here, but I'm still pretty sure that a quantum backyard isn't invisible. Seriously, wasn't he a registered sex offender? That's a lot of red lights for an entire area to miss. Silly Californians...

What if it was like a Schroedinger's Backyard.... We don't know for sure that there's anyone back there until we check?

StankBacon
August 29th, 2009, 04:43 PM
its funny when i woke up and read about this in the newspaper i told my sister people like this should just be killed, no jail.

shes said that's exactly what my dad said heh.

FRain
August 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Meet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case) Josef Fritzl (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/jaycee-lee-dugard/6104710/Phillip-Garrido-vs-Josef-Fritzl.html)

Bodzilla
August 29th, 2009, 07:36 PM
or we could not because we all know exactly who he is and what he done.
stick to this topic.

Limited
August 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Am I the only one who is dying to see pictures of what she looks like now, and what her kids look like? I wanna see if they turned into monsters.

Bodzilla
August 29th, 2009, 07:43 PM
your a special child limited.

Heathen
August 29th, 2009, 07:48 PM
He convinced her the neighbors were in on it.

And then he considered it a "heartwarming story"

the weird fuck.

Higuy
August 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Am I the only one who is dying to see pictures of what she looks like now, and what her kids look like? I wanna see if they turned into monsters.
google:
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/57/m_43fe4524c8c160b21e16f3e586869680.jpg
Could be correct, she looks a bit similar.

TVTyrant
August 29th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Nope, I was completely wrong. Ignore this post.

Although it was featured on Americas most Wanted several times.

Bodzilla
August 29th, 2009, 10:24 PM
OSHI

n00b1n8R
August 30th, 2009, 01:31 AM
I doubt they'd have released pictures of her, that's probably just digitally aged.

Limited
August 30th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Good old News of the World to give us exclusive pictures!
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/479149/Phillip-Garrido-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard.html

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00055/garrido_girls_3008_55260a.jpg
Thats the two kids, at some party "in real world"

Theres more pictures on the link showing what it was like in the tents and shacks, pretty fucked up conditions.

Heathen
August 30th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I think this is against the current rules, but come on. This is just too obvious. Spoiler'd to cover my ass:
not against the rules, just frowned upon by some.
Yo Dawg on.