PDA

View Full Version : These people are ruining Halo 3 PC for us:

jcap
August 31st, 2009, 02:17 AM
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=25072969&postRepeater1-p=11#35808379

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=25072969&postRepeater1-p=11#35998458

:ugh:

Ki11a_FTW
August 31st, 2009, 02:32 AM
The one guy said that if they included a full EK that they woulden't be able to implement cross platform without some major code tweaking.
Maybe they should make it cross platform for only the original maps, so we both win.

I think Halo 3 PC is going to be a whole lot better then Halo 2 PC was.
I imagine the worst the EK will be is that it will contain all the original Halo 3 content, and not support importing custom content (besides bsp's and strings) which is still a whole lot better then Halo 2 PC

Rook
August 31st, 2009, 02:34 AM
Halo 3 PC doesn't need an editing kit.It has the forge option.
lol

If it's not matchmaking you want to do, then that's where custom games in Halo 3 comes in. And Halo 3 does a great job with custom games and forge without needing any server browser.
lolx2

Throw me in any random server on a PC game okay! Annnd there is actually going to be a Halo 3 PC? What.

Ki11a_FTW
August 31st, 2009, 02:35 AM
Annnd there is actually going to be a Halo 3 PC? What.

There is obviously going to be one, its just a matter of time.

Rook
August 31st, 2009, 02:36 AM
Get gearbox to do it.

?!

Ki11a_FTW
August 31st, 2009, 02:37 AM
Get gearbox to do it.

?!

Now your talking

Ganon
August 31st, 2009, 02:40 AM
Not getting my hopes up! lol!

StankBacon
August 31st, 2009, 02:42 AM
the game is destined to fail just as h2v did.

Ganon
August 31st, 2009, 02:43 AM
ODST for PC is where its at!

t3h m00kz
August 31st, 2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah, Halo 3's custom game capabilities are really great with no server browser. Yeah, uh huh.

Ki11a_FTW
August 31st, 2009, 02:49 AM

Lets not get ahead of ourselves for a game that hasn't even came out yet :shrug:

Cortexian
August 31st, 2009, 02:51 AM
Nu uh! Halo: Reach PC is going to be the BOMB!

n00b1n8R
August 31st, 2009, 03:37 AM
There's no way they'd make the same mistakes they did with H2V, I mean they'd obviously listen to the community, right?

...right?

halo CE
August 31st, 2009, 03:54 AM
Nu uh! Halo: Reach PC is going to be the BOMB!

edit: i thought h2v was pretty perfect. just nobody much played it. I mean it didnt actually have video lag did it? I alwasy thought it wa smy hardware.

neither one of these will be on pc in probably 2010. Whenever this topic of halo 3 pc comes up I always fee like it is inevitable. But then I'm reminded of the awkwardness of halo 2 vista (few players < rough on my hardware of the time).

halo 3 feels kind of inevitable for pc. but it could be years. manufactering companies like microsoft have consoles because they can control and profit from media downloads. I m sure there is other technical benefits to them as well.

To bad ..or maybe good that it will be awhile before halo 3 comes out. It would take about 50 years for everyone here under 21 to come up with a clan name to represent this and the other organizations from halo 1 pc.

And i dont see what this has to do with halo ce. ban.

Cagerrin
August 31st, 2009, 04:01 AM
And people would need clan names why exactly?

It's not as if there's some immutable law stating that "everyone must have a clan name on pain of cactus rape" or something. I for one am perfectly fine without wasted characters in my tag.

Lateksi
August 31st, 2009, 04:23 AM
I'd be pretty happy with a server browser, good performance and maybe a middle-of-the-screen centered aim. But if I wanted to, I could keep going forever.

NuggetWarmer
August 31st, 2009, 04:37 AM

HAY GUYEZ LETZ BANT TEH ADTMINZ!

Cortexian
August 31st, 2009, 04:42 AM
HAY GUYEZ LETZ BANT TEH ADTMINZ!
LETZ DO THIS!

LEEEEEEEEEROOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEENNKIIIIIIINNSSSSSSSSSSS!

p0lar_bear
August 31st, 2009, 05:09 AM
I am OWNING you, you fat bald, fatty fat... FAT fat! (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=25072969&postRepeater1-p=12#36486247)

sdavis117
August 31st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Maybe that is why he put it in Tech Talk and not the Halo CE section? Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a Halo CE community.

=sw=warlord
August 31st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Maybe that is why he put it in Tech Talk and not the Halo CE section? Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a Halo CE community.
Yes but Halo Ce is also the only member on this site who has 3 red bars as well as being a donator so the site.
Polar bear i laughed for a good minute or two after reading your comments to them i've bookmarked the page as im interested in their rebuttal to what you said.:golfclap:

FRain
August 31st, 2009, 08:23 AM
Gah, fucking contards (facepalm)

Rentafence
August 31st, 2009, 08:51 AM
Halo 3 PC doesn't need an editing kit.It has the forge option.

In reference to this, do any of you get slightly pissed when people who can drop crates around different parts of the map call themselves "map makers"?

Lateksi
August 31st, 2009, 10:49 AM
Man this General Heed guy doesn't really understand what's important and what's not... (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=25072969&postRepeater1-p=12#36486247)

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 31st, 2009, 10:57 AM
I get slightly pissed.
If only forge functioned more like gmod (atleast on pc) I would be happy.

Con
August 31st, 2009, 11:07 AM
Lookit him slandering valve, he best be trollin

rossmum
August 31st, 2009, 11:11 AM
Well, a nice solid game wouldn't need so many patches like the poorly constructed Valve games. Take a look at Halo 3. Only 2 patches have ever been released. Halo 3 is a solid well constructed game by Bungie that barely has any patches because it doesn't need that many.

Windows Vista is definitely not this generation's Windows ME. Ever since 2003, I got sick of XP and was waiting for something new. 4 years later they finally came out with Windows Vista and I loved it. I really don't see why people are complaining so much about Vista. It's a great system. It doesn't crash as much as XP, doesn't slow down as much, and doesn't get as many viruses.

Vista was kind of a big leap from XP and you had to learn a bit about how to use Vista. And that's why people who are too lazy to accept new things and get used to it complain all the time about Vista. Everyone always picks the tiniest problems in Vista and blow it out of proportion. As for Windows 2000, it wasn't that bad, I still have a Windows 2000 computer. Except it's in storage getting all dusty now. Why would you stick around with Windows 2000? You're like a person that denies new technology and refuses to advance to the future. Instead, you want to stick around with ancient stuff and try to complain about all the problems in the new systems.

Bottom line, Vista is good. XP is old. Get over it. Stop dwelling in the past. Accept that Windows Vista is going to be the basis for all future Windows Operating Systems. If you've seen what Windows 7 looks like, you'll know that it's definitely based off of Vista. In fact, Windows Vista is like the Windows 95 of this generation. A new revolutionary system that will set the foundation for most future operation systems.
http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-psyduck.gif

PB, go smack him upside the head please

jcap
August 31st, 2009, 11:12 AM
Holy shit, General Head is a god damn moron.

Just because Halo 3 has only had two patches doesn't mean it has no flaws. The Xbox 360's security is the reason Halo 3 doesn't have any problems. Because the Xbox's security structure makes it impossible to modify the game in any way, you don't have people attempting to exploit the game.

Plus, PCs have dedicated servers, while consoles don't. Since we have a first-hand look at the dedicated server, we can search for exploits and other possible problems with the game code.

And just because your game doesn't require patches, that doesn't mean it doesn't have any problems. If anything, it shows neglect.

Also:
http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-psyduck.gif

p0lar_bear
August 31st, 2009, 11:38 AM

This was originally posted in the CE section, I moved it.

cheezdue
August 31st, 2009, 01:21 PM
[/b]In reference to this, do any of you get slightly pissed when people who can drop crates around different parts of the map call themselves "map makers"?

HEY GUYZ!!! CHECK OUT MAH SANDTRAP MAP WITH MOAR TELES AND SNIPERZ!!!

p0lar_bear
August 31st, 2009, 01:48 PM
Respect to the people to abuse the crap out of Forge's quirks to make something that could be considered a new map, but simple repopulation hardly makes you a map maker.

...unless you're Sever. :v:

e: You. Are. TERRIBLE! What, ya gonna cry? Gonna CRY now?! (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=25072969&postRepeater1-p=13#36499776)

jcap
August 31st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Also, p0lar, your Vista argument is moot. It's not Microsoft's fault because ATI decides to move cards into legacy status after 3-4 years. God damn you ATI. :(

You really can't compare Vista to ME. ME was worse than Windows 98, and it came after Windows 2000. It was built on the same shitty kernel Microsoft used for their previous operating systems - not the NT kernel used by businesses and was already rock solid. Windows XP then brought the NT kernel to the home consumer market (finally).

Heathen
August 31st, 2009, 03:28 PM
There's no way they'd make the same mistakes they did with H2V, I mean they'd obviously listen to the community, right?

...right?

wrong.

It could be just as bad.

=sw=warlord
August 31st, 2009, 03:36 PM
wrong.

It could be just as bad.
Yeah, requiring 4GB's DDR3 and DX11 as minimum requirements.
E: i called it first!

Sel
August 31st, 2009, 03:39 PM
Well, a nice solid game wouldn't need so many patches like the poorly constructed Valve games. Take a look at Halo 3. Only 2 patches have ever been released. Halo 3 is a solid well constructed game by Bungie that barely has any patches because it doesn't need that many.LOL

it's impossible to hack on live. LOL

Are these kids really this stupid?

FRain
August 31st, 2009, 03:49 PM
Vista was kind of a big leap from XP

WrjwaqZfjIY

Bottom line, Vista is good.

WrjwaqZfjIY

Accept that Windows Vista is going to be the basis for all future Windows Operating Systems.

WrjwaqZfjIY

A new revolutionary system that will set the foundation for most future operation systems.
WRONG

WrjwaqZfjIY

hry
August 31st, 2009, 04:20 PM
LMAO

Lord Mirko
August 31st, 2009, 04:20 PM
Halo 3 PC HEK fully unlocked, i would gladly payfor it. So everybody wins, the company that sell`s it, and the costumers. :neckbeard:

klange
August 31st, 2009, 04:26 PM
Halo 3 PC HEK fully unlocked, i would gladly payfor it. So everybody wins, the company that sell`s it, and the costumers. :neckbeard:
I would pay twice as much for an HEK on the same level as CE (and we all know CE was missing a few minor things), and I'm not made of money!

p0lar_bear
August 31st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Also, p0lar, your Vista argument is moot. It's not Microsoft's fault because ATI decides to move cards into legacy status after 3-4 years. God damn you ATI. :(

You really can't compare Vista to ME. ME was worse than Windows 98, and it came after Windows 2000. It was built on the same shitty kernel Microsoft used for their previous operating systems - not the NT kernel used by businesses and was already rock solid. Windows XP then brought the NT kernel to the home consumer market (finally).

K, I tweaked that paragraph. You're right.

Rosco
August 31st, 2009, 04:47 PM
HEY GUYZ!!! CHECK OUT MAH SANDTRAP MAP WITH MOAR TELES AND SNIPERZ!!!

Neither are crates :saddowns:

I don't see why you're editing your paragraphs p0lar. He clearly isn't doing any research to back up his opinions..

Phopojijo
August 31st, 2009, 05:44 PM
The funny thing is Vista was actually a big leap from XP (in terms of security and internal architecture)... will set the standard for the next few Windows operating systems (like 95 influenced 98 and ME... Windows 3.0 influenced NT (pre-4.0)... NT4.0 influenced 2000 and XP... Vista influenced Windows 7 and probably 8 as well)... and actually was a good (not great) OS to run (slow but functional and much more secure).

But alas I didn't make my argument in Youtube format...

AAA
August 31st, 2009, 05:55 PM
Halo 2's main issues.

1. The Mouse Speeds
2. The way you CAN'T set up your controls with arrow keys and having the action button do all the work of reloading, exchanging weapons, entering vehicles, and activating switches without having to go through every single fucking action of changing those moves.
3. The fact that it's DirectX 9 and it doesn't support XP (WHAT THE FUCK)
4. I couldn't get to the main menu without having to login to LIVE most of the time.
5. ports weren't finished.

They need to get Gearbox back on the scene.

Note: I know the hold down button works to changing controls, but it pisses me off...

That's what I don't want going on in Halo 3 PC. I couldn't enjoy H2V one bit due to those issues right there.

If it happens again...

e: rant.

Sel
August 31st, 2009, 06:56 PM
You were able to set your controls in halo 2

hth

itszutak
September 1st, 2009, 01:10 AM
Has anyone made a program to force higher sensitivities on H2vista? That seems to be the major complaint with it.

p0lar_bear
September 1st, 2009, 04:06 AM
The funny thing is Vista was actually a big leap from XP (in terms of security and internal architecture)... will set the standard for the next few Windows operating systems (like 95 influenced 98 and ME... Windows 3.0 influenced NT (pre-4.0)... NT4.0 influenced 2000 and XP... Vista influenced Windows 7 and probably 8 as well)... and actually was a good (not great) OS to run (slow but functional and much more secure).

But alas I didn't make my argument in Youtube format...

Unfortunately logic does not apply when dealing with a fanboy. :downs:

Kornman00
September 1st, 2009, 07:41 AM
The one guy said that if they included a full EK that they woulden't be able to implement cross platform without some major code tweaking.
Maybe they should make it cross platform for only the original maps, so we both win.

I think Halo 3 PC is going to be a whole lot better then Halo 2 PC was.
I imagine the worst the EK will be is that it will contain all the original Halo 3 content, and not support importing custom content (besides bsp's and strings) which is still a whole lot better then Halo 2 PC
If he ("The one guy", whoever he may be) was referring to the EK not being cross platform then ok, but if he was talkin in general then what the fuck :ugh:. Bungie's engines and their code base are not made up from a bunch of hack jobs that trifle the majority of the industry (sure, that may sound fanboyish...but not really), so putting the engine on a different platform wouldn't be a major problem like he makes it to be (talking out of his ass while doing so). Besides...ummm, G4WL is only for Windows and Xbox games...not Mac, so the argument is null.

Microsoft has their own internal Halo team. In fact I remember seeing a summery for talk their senior graphics engineer (pretty sure she was the senior...yeah, she) did on some (wait for it) graphics related technology. The article wasn't Halo related and sounded way over my head so I didn't research it further.

I have a hard time trusting any port governed by MGS, and if they're just consulting with Bungie (read: the figure head or heads at Bungie) on the port that trust is even less and feel sorry for the team who basically just gets told what needs to happen and in the event of a disaster, becomes the scapegoat. While it may be a "port", it doesn't mean it just has to be a straight up port. How could they compete a product with the several others which not only sport upgraded graphics and memory too but include more PC-related features, ie an EK?

StankBacon
September 1st, 2009, 08:03 AM
LOL

LOL

Are these kids really this stupid?

i hope to fucking christ they are trolls, people that stupid aren't possible.... right?'

:raise:

=sw=warlord
September 1st, 2009, 08:08 AM
i hope to fucking christ they are trolls, people that stupid aren't possible.... right?'

This is bungie.net we're talking about here remember.

Sel
September 1st, 2009, 08:12 AM

I hope so D:

FRain
September 1st, 2009, 08:15 AM
Probably not, though.