PDA

View Full Version : [ODST] How will you take on Halo ODST?

DEElekgolo
August 31st, 2009, 09:57 AM
In campaign, how will you take on the covenant? Will you ninja your way through or just run into battle at the first sight? Will you be with friends? What difficulty? etc etc

FRain
August 31st, 2009, 10:08 AM
Snipe with the automag awww yeah

=sw=warlord
August 31st, 2009, 10:18 AM
Im going to play it on legendary at first i think see how i like it.

sdavis117
August 31st, 2009, 10:19 AM
I'll take it on using a Rocket Launcher on easy.

FRain
August 31st, 2009, 10:57 AM
I'm probably going to play on Normal or Heroic so I can get it done in one night with my bro.

Lateksi
August 31st, 2009, 11:34 AM
Crazy ass SMG suicide assault after ninja action with pistol! Seriously, the weapons are so cool on ODST.

Pooky
August 31st, 2009, 11:56 AM
Melee attacks only. Same way I completed Halo 1, 2, 3.

FRain
August 31st, 2009, 01:51 PM
have fun getting the shit beaten out of you by brutes
hth
in all seriousness, though, I watched a video of ODST and the dude playing it ran up to a brute, meleed it, and when the brute meleed back, he went sailing across the map and his health dropped to dead (was a presentation and he had deathless on)

Advancebo
August 31st, 2009, 01:59 PM
First Id download the Mythic Map Pack. Then I would go through all the menus in ODST, including the pause menu. Then I would go into Campaign and play a few levels on Easy. Then play some Firefight.

CabooseJr
August 31st, 2009, 02:06 PM
Go through the campaign on Normal first, then eventually on Legendary.

Hotrod
August 31st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Going through the game either on Heroic or Legendary, but I'm leaning towards Legendary.

Rosco
August 31st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Legendary with Kornman.

(then by myself on easy for story)

cheezdue
August 31st, 2009, 04:45 PM
On the couch naked. :smug:

Heathen
August 31st, 2009, 04:46 PM
I'm gonna beat it like I always do.
Fast and quiet.

English Mobster
August 31st, 2009, 05:13 PM
Snipe with the automag awww yeah
Good luck with that, ammo is scarce. It's a fucking awesome gun, but they balanced it with small clip/limited ammo to keep people from going all H1 on everything.

Anyway, I'm going to try it first on Heroic, alone, like I did with H3.
I'll ninja my way through the thing, since an encounter with anything more than some Jackals and a few Grunts will murder you dead if you try to take 'em on Chief-style, from what I've played.

Daishi
August 31st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Solo Heroic.

SilentChaos
August 31st, 2009, 05:38 PM
Heroic(no music), so i can understand the story. Next day I'm going Legendary(with music), so i can kick some ass.:woop:

Advancebo
August 31st, 2009, 06:18 PM
Heroic(no music), so i can understand the story. Next day I'm going Legendary(with music), so i can kick some ass.:woop:
\:frogwords:

Pooky
August 31st, 2009, 06:25 PM
have fun getting the shit beaten out of you by brutes
hth
in all seriousness, though, I watched a video of ODST and the dude playing it ran up to a brute, meleed it, and when the brute meleed back, he went sailing across the map and his health dropped to dead (was a presentation and he had deathless on)

If I could take on the Halo 2 brutes using only melee attacks with no issues, I doubt the pansy Halo 3 brutes are going to be much of a challenge.

=sw=warlord
August 31st, 2009, 06:27 PM
If I could take on the Halo 2 brutes using only melee attacks with no issues, I doubt the pansy Halo 3 brutes are going to be much of a challenge.
Remember your just a normal human so no special armour or genetic mutations.
Also dont forget they have been tweaking the ai so theres no telling what they've done.

Pooky
August 31st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Remember your just a normal human so no special armour or genetic mutations.
Also dont forget they have been tweaking the ai so theres no telling what they've done.

A small amount of finesse can go a long way. assuming they kept assassination in

Timo
August 31st, 2009, 06:36 PM
When I finally get my hands on this game at the end of the year, i'll probably rush through on Legendary for starters.

English Mobster
August 31st, 2009, 06:50 PM
Timo, when I looked at your sig, I saw goatse. :gonk:

Also, good luck taking on a Brute by yourself. It's difficult.

Heathen
August 31st, 2009, 06:56 PM

whole different game brosef.

Limited
August 31st, 2009, 07:01 PM
Herioc Solo, cuz my housemates suck balls at Halo.

Atty
August 31st, 2009, 08:01 PM
With my Xbox 360 and it's wireless controller.

Saggy
August 31st, 2009, 08:04 PM
With some lube and a bucket of chicken.

Advancebo
August 31st, 2009, 08:11 PM
A 2 liter bottle of coke and chips.

UnevenElefant5
September 1st, 2009, 12:06 AM
Firefight with my friends first, then pistol spamming my way through the campaign.

Kornman00
September 1st, 2009, 12:42 AM
Legendary with Kornman.

(then by myself on easy for story)
legendary with myself :-3

DEElekgolo
September 1st, 2009, 12:48 AM
Arrange campaign co-op teams NOW!

=sw=warlord
September 1st, 2009, 06:01 AM
legendary with myself :-3
Please record it, i love watching you rage at halo haha.

Pooky
September 1st, 2009, 08:42 AM
whole different game brosef.
you people really don't get it do you

=sw=warlord
September 1st, 2009, 08:47 AM
you people really don't get it do you
Either that or you haven't realised the rules of engagement have changed.
Your no longer a super soldier capable of punching through concrete.

Pooky
September 1st, 2009, 08:55 AM
Either that or you haven't realised the rules of engagement have changed.
Your no longer a super soldier capable of punching through concrete.

for christs sake that's not the point

as long as you can still assassinate, it'll be just as easy as before. and if you can't, well, that's the whole challenge.

English Mobster
September 1st, 2009, 08:56 AM
You can assassinate, but the Brutes aren't as stupid as they were in H3. They know never to turn their back on you.

Delta4907
September 1st, 2009, 09:31 AM
I'll probably play through Normal or Heroic first. I first tried Halo 3 on Heroic and I sucked at it. But now after playing it for awhile, I can beat it on Legendary no problem. Same thing is probably gonna happen for ODST.

Warsaw
September 1st, 2009, 10:42 PM
Good luck with that, ammo is scarce. It's a fucking awesome gun, but they balanced it with small clip/limited ammo to keep people from going all H1 on everything.

Anyway, I'm going to try it first on Heroic, alone, like I did with H3.
I'll ninja my way through the thing, since an encounter with anything more than some Jackals and a few Grunts will murder you dead if you try to take 'em on Chief-style, from what I've played.

Pistol is back up to 12 rounds per magasine, but I think the overall amount you can carry is only 48, a la Halo 2. It's pretty much the Halo 2 magnum with a scope and silencer.

I'm going to ninja using only the pistol, fuzzy surprise spiders, and melee attacks on Heroic.

FRain
September 1st, 2009, 11:01 PM
Also silenced SMG.

NuggetWarmer
September 1st, 2009, 11:06 PM
speed runnn

TeeKup
September 1st, 2009, 11:49 PM
I'll dump everything into Sneak, Marksman, and Illusion just to name a few.

tj117
September 2nd, 2009, 12:27 AM
I'm gonna beat it like I always do.
Fast and quiet.
:realsmug:

Normal, with my Dad.

Later I'll probably go Legendary with a friend of mine.

t3h m00kz
September 2nd, 2009, 01:25 AM
automag looks weak, save for headshots much like the Halo 2 automag

I may try being stealthy

paladin
September 2nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
None. Im not buying it.

Arteen
September 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Heroic or Legendary co-op, then some firefight, then Legendary solo on my own time, then achievement hunting!

tj117
September 2nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
None. Im not buying it.
I'm assuming it has something to do with it being priced as a full game when it "isn't".isn't a full game, that is

Siliconmaster
September 4th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I'm going to do my best to play it solo heroic or legendary first before playing with the others in my suite. There may be some firefight in there as well, and certainly after I beat it once.

Ki11a_FTW
September 4th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Normal first, then legendary on co-op probably.
(firefight when i want to take a break from campaign)

paladin
September 4th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I'm assuming it has something to do with it being priced as a full game when it "isn't".isn't a full game, that is

Partially. My brothers buying it so I dont see why I need to buy a game Im half interested in.

Moses
November 10th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Immediately beat it on legendary using whatever weapons I can scrounge and if I can't then beat the shit out of everyone. This is quite possible if you wait for them to melee and then swing around them and assassinate. Killed a pack of hunters with only melee on legendary just so I could say I did :-D. Took FOREVER though.

annihilation
November 13th, 2009, 02:44 AM
By myself.
On Legendary.
With my 1337 skills.