PDA

View Full Version : Disney to buy Marvel $4bn deal

Limited
August 31st, 2009, 06:39 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8230504.stm

Disney to buy Marvel in $4bn deal

Entertainment giant Walt Disney is to buy Marvel Entertainment in a shares and cash deal valued at $4bn (£2.5bn).
The deal means Disney will take over ownership of 5,000 Marvel characters, such as Spider-Man and the X-Men.I'm not a fan of this, I know Disney is making great strides into non kiddie stuff, but at the end of the day thats still what I see Disney as. Although the money injection will help to allow more Marvel creations to be made, I dont like Disney being the owner. I feel they will restrict the creativity alot.

English Mobster
August 31st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Anyone else smell a Kingdom Hearts-esque Mickey/Marvel crossover?

thehoodedsmack
August 31st, 2009, 06:49 PM
I'm a little surprised they're only getting 4 billion for it. I would have thought it'd be valued higher, with all the movies they're planning for their franchises. I also feel a little strange about Disney being the buyer. There's a big risk they'd do something silly like a tie-in with their characters. Not sure how well that would blow over.

Advancebo
August 31st, 2009, 06:54 PM
Im not liking this ):

Jean-Luc
August 31st, 2009, 06:55 PM
Just so long as they don't fuck up Iron Man 2.:maddowns:

Heathen
August 31st, 2009, 06:55 PM
I'm game for it.

Advancebo
August 31st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Next thing you know they buy Microsoft...

=sw=warlord
August 31st, 2009, 06:57 PM
Just so long as they don't fuck up Iron Man 2.:maddowns:
Theyl make ironman 2 have muppets as the antagonists.:ohdear:

ODX
August 31st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Next thing you know they buy Microsoft...Oh, fuck, yes. That would be awesome. The amount of even more advanced technology they would have would for sure, without a doubt, make Disney World the most happiest damn place on Earth.

cheezdue
August 31st, 2009, 07:40 PM
Say hello to Miley Cyrus in the up coming Marvel movies.

DrunkenSamus
August 31st, 2009, 07:45 PM
Oh, fuck, yes. That would be awesome. The amount of even more advanced technology they would have would for sure, without a doubt, make Disney World the most happiest damn place on Earth.

The happiest place on Earth? Quite ironic knowing there is an extensive history of deaths at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. :v:

klange
August 31st, 2009, 07:47 PM
The happiest place on Earth? Quite ironic knowing there is an extensive history of deaths at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. :v:
You die happy. :iamafag:

cheezdue
August 31st, 2009, 08:38 PM
You die happy. :iamafag:

Seems like my fantasies with cinderalla will finally come true! :iamafag:

Aerowyn
August 31st, 2009, 08:46 PM

oh sweet jesus no :smithicide:

ODX
August 31st, 2009, 09:17 PM
The happiest place on Earth? Quite ironic knowing there is an extensive history of deaths at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. :v:WHAT IS THIS MONSTROCITY?! I'm talking about DisneyWorld, THAT happiest place on Earth.

Also, I like how you guys assume Disney's a bunch of idiots and will just instantly fuse Marvel's stuff in with theirs and have stuff like Mickey and Spider Man fighting crime or something ._.

English Mobster
August 31st, 2009, 11:53 PM
An idea which isn't too far off the mark, sadly.

OmegaDragon
September 1st, 2009, 12:25 AM
But wait; what about universal studios' island of adventure? Aren't they a competitor of disney parks and contain multiple marvel rides? What will become of them?

if this post makes no sense, disregard it for it was made by someone who is in a state similar too
zonambulism/no thinking in hed

English Mobster
September 1st, 2009, 12:28 AM
Bye-bye Marvel shit there.

Universal Studios Hollywood has some Spider-Man things here and there as well.

hry
September 1st, 2009, 03:30 AM
FFF

rossmum
September 1st, 2009, 09:26 AM
Also, I like how you guys assume Disney's a bunch of idiots and will just instantly fuse Marvel's stuff in with theirs and have stuff like Mickey and Spider Man fighting crime or something ._.
Yeah, since nobody else has done that!

Let's face it: we're living in the age of the cash cow. Nobody gives a fuck for quality, they just want to milk things drier than the Atacama in the middle of a drought. Fuck the 21st century.

=sw=warlord
September 1st, 2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, since nobody else has done that!

Let's face it: we're living in the age of the cash cow. Nobody gives a fuck for quality, they just want to milk things drier than the Atacama in the middle of a drought. Fuck the 21st century.
Well atleast this century is better than the 20th one so far, last century ended up having both of the world wars.
Id rather have repeats of futurama or xmen than jumping under the table as soon as the birds stop singing.

Sel
September 1st, 2009, 11:06 AM
Well atleast this century is better than the 20th one so far, last century ended up having both of the world wars.
Id rather have repeats of futurama or xmen than jumping under the table as soon as the birds stop singing.

Seriously, shut the fuck up!

There may have been war, disease, strife, murder, riots, etc, but they had fucking good movies to boot. I mean have you even watched wizard of oz?

Corndogman
September 1st, 2009, 05:17 PM
The first world war didn't happen till ~15 years in, so don't speak too soon!

Also, Disney obviously knows what they're doing since they've been so successful for so long so I doubt they'll do anything as stupid as "Kingdom Hearts: Marvel" but they'll probably doing something stupid.

I too am curious as to what will happen to Universal's Islands of Adventure. Having been there multiple times, I know that a large portion of their stuff is Marvel related.

=sw=warlord
September 1st, 2009, 06:14 PM
Seriously, shut the fuck up!

I mean have you even watched wizard of oz?
I don't watch crap films i've read the book and it bored the hell out of me.:v:

Inferno
September 1st, 2009, 06:19 PM
Fuck. Now ironman 2 is going to be G rated and will be guest starring jonas faggots and miley whoris.

Say goodbye to good spider man movies too.

=sw=warlord
September 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
Fuck. Now ironman 2 is going to be G rated and will be guest starring jonas faggots and miley whoris.

Say goodbye to good spider man movies too.
There were good ones?
I thought the recent ones were more about a emo college drop out than you know, spider man.

killer9856
September 1st, 2009, 07:15 PM
I am saddened by this. Now there wont be any drugs or alcohol in the movies :(

Dwood
September 1st, 2009, 07:21 PM
Disney isn't buying the movies though, right? Once Marvel's signed the deals for the movies they either Can it or Let the Directors and writers do as they wish. Not to say there aren't Marvel Writers in there somewhere too to keep the movies from being so far from Canon that it isn't watchable.

Saying that reminded me of Eragon and Dragon Ball. Someone plz shoot me.

TVTyrant
September 1st, 2009, 11:19 PM
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

Seriously, Marvel must be protected!

Naw, its kk. Happens in business all the thime.

rossmum
September 1st, 2009, 11:33 PM
At least there was no doubt in anyone's mind who the bad guys were, or why they were bad.

English Mobster
September 1st, 2009, 11:34 PM
Actually, TBH, Kingdom Hearts I and II were probably two of the best games I've ever played, but that's only because Squaresoft was involved without too much interference by Disney.

I don't trust Disney with my Marvel, but I'm willing to give them a trial run... Just to see how bad it will be.

ICEE
September 2nd, 2009, 02:01 AM

Fuck. Sora vs venom.. I can see it now.

TVTyrant
September 2nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
The first world war wasn't until 1914, and the second wasnt until 1939. We still have a ways to go to see what happens holmes.

paladin
September 2nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
My Disney Stock rose $1.23 after this....

=sw=warlord
September 2nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
My Disney Stock rose $1.23 after this....Oh so thats a 1023% rise.:haw:

paladin
September 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
No, my 500 shares is worth about $1250 @ $25.40 a share.

stock infor here. (http://finance.aol.com/quotes/the-walt-disney-company/dis/nys?sem=1&ncid=AOLPRF00170000000021&otim=1251925884&spid=28732170)

Warsaw
September 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
I want to see Captain America beating the shit out of Oberleutnant Mickey Mouse and his 3rd Panzers S.S....

ICEE
September 3rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Thats a pretty sharp investment there paladin. How much was it when you bought it?

Huero
September 3rd, 2009, 09:46 PM
The first world war wasn't until 1914, and the second wasnt until 1939. We still have a ways to go to see what happens holmes.

Am I the only one that noticed what's wrong in this post?

paladin
September 4th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Thats a pretty sharp investment there paladin. How much was it when you bought it?
$19ish a share. My Aunt works for Dis. Corp. and every year for the past 7 years for Christmas they buy their nieces and nephews like, I think 5 shares. Since it's a fairly stable investment (I don't see them completely tanking) I bought more when I took control of my portfolio. I'd post my entire stock portfolio, but you know, privacy issues....
Between my own investments and stuff I inherited, I had about $15k (2008). Now its at about $11k, but its gone up $990ish in the past 3 months. (yay) :realsmug: Jew Business man