PDA

View Full Version : Zero Punctuation's Stonking Great Game Contest

flibitijibibo
August 31st, 2009, 07:05 PM
As mentioned in Podacity, The Escapist is holding a competition for indie developers to design and create a Flash-based game about the Zero Punctuation series.

The Rules (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/stonkinggreatgame_09)

I would absolutely love to at least try and enter this contest, even if only just to have a game that someone can play/enjoy (either through Escapist or here). However, as many of you know, I have very little programming/visual art skills. I can design and write stories for games, but I can't do the beefy, important parts of the game like all y'all can.

So, what am I getting at? Well, I really would like to make a team made up of Modacity members to create this game. What am I looking for? Well, here's the list so far:

- Artists (preferred to be able to mimic Yahtzee's style)
- Animators
- Programmers (experience with ActionScript is preferred, but from what I understand, it's similar to languages like Java/C++, so learning the tiny bits as you go is fine)
- Writers to create the story of the game and related gameplay mechanics (knowing Zero Punctuation inside-out is an absolute must)

If you can fill one of those spots, or a position that I neglected to list above, post in here so we can get started with this project ASAP. We've only got until October 19, so being decisive helps too!

Current team (for sure):

flibitijibibo: Writer, Audio/Music

Maybes (people listed here rank second to anyone who is totally sure, be careful!):

Jean-Luc: Writer, Artist
sdavis117: Artist, Animator

Jean-Luc
August 31st, 2009, 07:08 PM
I watch Zero Punctuation religiously (aka, every episode several times so I can see all the gags) so I may be able to help. Put me down for writer and possibly artist right now, and we'll see if I can be of any aid.

sdavis117
August 31st, 2009, 09:31 PM
I could "draw" and animate some. I personally have done Flash Movies before.

Edit: Let me find my copy of Flash so that I can put something together to show off my skills.

klange
September 1st, 2009, 12:37 PM
FFFFFFFFFF Flash. Fuck that. Fuck you ZP.

sdavis117
September 5th, 2009, 09:24 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=1202

Put that together in 10 minutes. Probably could have done it a little smoother with motion-tweening, but I decided to do it by hand. It's been too long since I have animated in Flash. I decided doing it the hard way would do me some good.

Jean-Luc
September 5th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Style is off by a wide margin(10 minutes), but it's a start.