PDA

View Full Version : This Software was intended for windows 98SE or higher

=sw=warlord
September 1st, 2009, 10:55 AM
Been rummaging arround old CD's and found a DVD that came with my first computer way back in 05 with some rather nice video editing a view applications on it.
But theres one hitch, it doe's not seem to recognise windows XP or Vista.
I keep getting the error "This software was designed for windows 98 SE, ME, 2000 or above versions only, this application will now be terminated."
Would anyone here by any chance know of a way to convince it that i am using a newer version of windows?
The software im trying to install is the Cyberlink DVD solution's kit which includes their power director, power producer and cyberlink showtime media viewer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Donut
September 1st, 2009, 11:51 AM
did you try setting compatibility in properties? like set it to execute the exe using windows 2000 protocol

cheezdue
September 1st, 2009, 12:52 PM
did you try setting compatibility in properties? like set it to execute the exe using windows 2000 protocol

This should work out fine.

Donut
September 1st, 2009, 01:00 PM
operative word being "should". hopefully it works

Cojafoji
September 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM
if compatibility doesn't work, modify the installation file.

Warsaw
September 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Copy the Setup file to desktop, then adjust properties such that it runs in compatibility mode, and then double click. This method worked for me when installing Battlezone II, which gave a similar error.

=sw=warlord
September 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM
I've already tried that and it still doe's want to play ball which is why i asked here.

Cojafoji
September 2nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
I've already tried that and it still doe's want to play ball which is why i asked here.
is the installation file an .msi?

=sw=warlord
September 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
is the installation file an .msi?
No it's actualy an .EXE file.
I've figured how to get it installed now, i opened up the cab files and just manualy extracted the files and registered it.
Thanks for the help though.