PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Repairs

jcap
September 2nd, 2009, 10:28 PM
Who here has recently (mainly within the past two months) gotten their Xbox repaired (mostly for the RROD)?

What was the reason for failure? When did it happen?

How long did it take to get repaired?

Did it come with a new power supply? Check your power supply. What OUTPUT wattage does it say?

Did you get back your original console or a refurbished unit replacement?

PlasbianX
September 2nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Now I did get mine replaced a while ago but you never get your same console back (or atleast in the 4 replacements I had it was never the same). Also all you send in is the system, no cables, no hard drive. So you have the same power supply. First time took months to get it back, last time was a week and a half at most.

legionaire45
September 2nd, 2009, 11:10 PM
I think mine died within two months - not sure, really don't remember.

Mine had the 3 red rings and was purchased about 3 years ago - just long enough for the warranty to still count.

Arteen
September 2nd, 2009, 11:16 PM
Who here has recently (mainly within the past two months) gotten their Xbox repaired (mostly for the RROD)?
Me, for RRoD. Second time my 360 got RRoD.

What was the reason for failure? When did it happen?
Microsoft made a faulty product. It happened 2 or 3 months ago.

How long did it take to get repaired?
2 weeks or so.

Did it come with a new power supply? Check your power supply. What OUTPUT wattage does it say?
You only send in the console. No cables or HDD.

Did you get back your original console or a refurbished unit replacement?
Refurbished one the first time, same one the second time.

Timo
September 2nd, 2009, 11:19 PM
My xbox broke a while back this year, and it took a couple weeks to be repaired and sent back. Not sure if it was the same box or not (I wasn't in possession of the console when it broke)

hobojoe
September 3rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
I actually had mine RROD for a fried video card a month ago.
There's some new warranty for RROD's to make it 3 years.

Anyway it took about 4 weeks from date of ship to date of arrival.

When I got it back it was a new one.

FireDragon04
September 3rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
My Xbox 360 elite, which had a manufacturing date of 2007 on it, started freezing when I tried loading it/games/dvd's up. Rang microsoft, i'd have to send it in to them and it'd take about 2-3 weeks and cost £80 ($130ish) which i'd have to pay now. :ugh:

Soooooooo.... I couldn't be arsed to wait that long and pay £80 to get a 2 year+ year old xbox repaired.

I just went out and bought a brand new one, much much quieter, isn't getting as hot or anything, and got PGR4 free with it. So £180 for a brand new xbox 360 elite, and i don't have to wait a few weeks.

Yea, i have a problem where I'd pay so much more money for something if i could get it straight away. Time to go back to playing Batman Arkham Asylum. And i won't have to worry about not having a console for ODST.

Moral: Frak Paying Microsoft Money for their time, i'd rather pay more for my own enjoyment.

FRain
September 3rd, 2009, 09:32 AM
Wow, How do you guys use your xboxes? Mine is in an enclosed space and is left on for 90% of the time and hasn't RRoD'd yet.

FireDragon04
September 3rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Wow, How do you guys use your xboxes? Mine is in an enclosed space and is left on for 90% of the time and hasn't RRoD'd yet.

Mines sat next to my PS3, PS2 and Gamecube (i will not buy a gay ass wii, GC games way better, n can still play Twilight Princess when i like), infront of my tv so. I only ever use it for playing games, but usually play a game for a while n then it'd sit there for days without been on 'collecting dust' until i have something else to play. But more recently I've been playing on it more.

Also, you = lucky! or have a good xbox. Because that's what they should be like. I've never had an RRoD either though (touch wood) so.

Arteen
September 3rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
The 360 has a ~50% failure rate (http://kotaku.com/5339555/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-over-50-percent), so it's not like people just don't know how to take care of them. The consoles themselves are faulty.

Rosco
September 3rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
My Xbox 360 elite, which had a manufacturing date of 2007 on it, started freezing when I tried loading it/games/dvd's up. Rang microsoft, i'd have to send it in to them and it'd take about 2-3 weeks and cost £80 ($130ish) which i'd have to pay now. :ugh:

Soooooooo.... I couldn't be arsed to wait that long and pay £80 to get a 2 year+ year old xbox repaired.

I just went out and bought a brand new one, much much quieter, isn't getting as hot or anything, and got PGR4 free with it. So £180 for a brand new xbox 360 elite, and i don't have to wait a few weeks.

Did the EXACT same thing as you, including the same game. :-3

=sw=warlord
September 3rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Did the EXACT same thing as you, including the same game. :-3
I had the red ring issue this time last year and when i sent my xbox off i receieved it back but this time with the security seal tampered and was accused of tampering my console.
So i took it back to the shop i got it from and got a exchange for a brand new console.

korori
September 5th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Mine Had the RRD. It was caused by one of there updates from what I understand. The reason why I say that is. I borrowed my friends. We bought nearly the same time. But mine is a bit more updated. So I asked him can I update it for him and a caused the RRD. He didnt care though because he doesnt play much. I told them Microsoft that there update caused it. Obviously they told me it was where I'm storing it. Ya I have a cooler and its in an open area. I also dust it off everyweek with only a paper towel. No cleaning stuff. But since it was causing the Red Ring they fixed it for free. I love the games on the 360. Just getting tired of sending it in.

Korori