PDA

View Full Version : Okay, this is pissing me off.

Amit
September 3rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Alright so I'm playing through World at War for the second time. Hell it's a good game...for Treyarch, anyways. So I finish the mission "Burn 'em out" and the game goes to load the next mission called "Relentless." Problem is that the game goes to a black screen and swiftly crashes to the desktop with no error dialogue. This happened the first time I played through the game and I used dev commands to go to the level that comes after "Relentless," but I want to play it now. The level is selectable in the mission select menu but it does the same thing.

I've already checked Google and found people who had this same problem, but I never found a solution. Anybody can shed some light on the situation?

Amit
September 4th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Really? Nobody has any insight as to what is happening?

Delta4907
September 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Stop playing WoW?

But in all seriousness I have no idea. Never played it, never will. Sorry.

Amit
September 4th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Stop playing WoW?

But in all seriousness I have no idea. Never played it, never will. Sorry.

WoW? WTF? You mean WaW. World at War, not World of Warcraft. I play LotRO.

Jelly
September 4th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Have you noticed any consistent pieces of hardware or software in your googling?

Did the same issue occur when you last played through World at War? If not, have you changed any hardware/significant software since then?

Also, I assume you've gone through the usual routine of checking that your drivers/directX are up to date, defragmented your drive/game files, etc.

Amit
September 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Have you noticed any consistent pieces of hardware or software in your googling?

Nope. Was happening to someone with an 8600GT, someone else with an 8800GTS, and I've got a Radeon X1600PRO.

Did the same issue occur when you last played through World at War? If not, have you changed any hardware/significant software since then?

Yeah, my first post says that it occurred the first time.

Also, I assume you've gone through the usual routine of checking that your drivers/directX are up to date, defragmented your drive/game files, etc.

Yes sir I have. Game is up to date and fully working for multiplayer and all other missions. It's only "Relentless" that doesn't load for Solo or Co-op.

Delta4907
September 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I meant WaW. I get the acronyms confused sometimes.

Amit
September 7th, 2009, 05:32 PM
So nobody has ever seen this before?