PDA

View Full Version : So, Chicago

SuperSunny
September 4th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I'm going to college here (I'm in the loop!) and for those that are out there, what is there to do in the city? It's my first time in the area itself, and I'm really unfamiliar with it.

Cojafoji
September 4th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I'm going to college here (I'm in the loop!) and for those that are out there, what is there to do in the city? It's my first time in the area itself, and I'm really unfamiliar with it.
you can go to a speakeasy and get shot by blowhard beat cops looking to get in a little trigger time.

Ganon
September 4th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Watch the cubs lose.

Sever
September 4th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Or you could go to the aquarium. My sister said it was pretty cool.

Mass
September 4th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Get a Chicago hot dog, an italian beef sandwich, and a gyros sandwich.

(delicious as hell)

Go to a live music show at any of all the great venues in the city (the Metro, Schubas, etc...)

The CTA can get you pretty much anywhere, and they have useful online resources (like a bus-tracker) that will let you plan a route and leave at the right time
(avoid cubs and sox games traffic on the Red Line if you can though, D: )

Take advantage of the lakefront parks, they're expansive and beautiful

If you like coffee, go to Intelligentsia, it's amazing.

Are you at Columbia or Roosevelt?

SuperSunny
September 4th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Neither, I'm at SAIC!

Ganon
September 9th, 2009, 03:15 PM
gyros

by that you mean angel food

Mass
September 9th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Neither, I'm at SAIC!
Wow, congratulations man, I assume you've already been all around the Art Institute then?

And yes ganon, gyros do kick ass.

I had some yesterday

absolute win

ODX
September 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Or you could go to the aquarium. My sister said it was pretty cool.It is, I've been there many times. Every 2 trips there we also go into the Sea-er...whatever the fuck the tower is called now, to see the great view. Try to get up there on a not-so-foggy day and be amazed, it's awesome.

Alwin Roth
September 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Well, I heard there was a ODST beta in Chicago...sometime...
and there's the H-Mart near chicago, where you can buy all the asian food and such you need.

They have live Crabs that you can cook, but i rather enjoy fighting them against friends.

king_nothing_
September 10th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Buy an authentic deep-dish pizza, and then airmail it to me. Please. Thanks.

StankBacon
September 10th, 2009, 01:39 PM
lol.