PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming.

English Mobster
September 4th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I got my date to Homecoming today.
How about you guys? You going to Homecoming?

sdavis117
September 4th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I'm actually in the marching band, so I have to perform during the Homecoming show. The dance is right after the game, so I decided not to go.

Inferno
Too busy yelling HAIL SATAN and annoying teachers with laser pointers at the pep rally to care about anything related to school or football.

teh lag
what is homecoming and why is it a big deal, i have never understood this.

do you like have to be a cool kid and be into highschool football and highschool romance to get it?

ditto for pep rallies, i don't get what goes on that's so damn special that they cut classes short so everyone can crowd into the gym to watch people do some shit or other to bad and/or overused music. i must have missed the memo about all this when i started high school.

(No, nor do I plan on it).

Advancebo
September 4th, 2009, 05:09 PM
whats so great about it.

Dwood
September 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Where's the Maybe option?

Mass
September 4th, 2009, 05:17 PM
no

that sounds annoying as all fuck

Corndogman
September 4th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Got asked, said fuck off :v:

Pretty much agree with teh lag.

NuggetWarmer
September 4th, 2009, 05:23 PM
What is Homecoming?

English Mobster
September 4th, 2009, 05:29 PM
It's a dance, like Prom, but at the beginning of the year.

Jean-Luc
September 4th, 2009, 05:33 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Senior Prom was the ONLY dance worth going to.

Rob Oplawar
September 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I would totally crash the homecoming dance at the high school near where I live. I'm only 22 and bearded; it wouldn't be weird at all.

Advancebo
September 4th, 2009, 06:28 PM
ohai look at me im at homecoming cuz im a freshman.

Also, change my vote from choice 5 to choice 6.

PopeAK49
September 4th, 2009, 06:36 PM
what is homecoming and why is it a big deal, i have never understood this.

do you like have to be a cool kid and be into highschool football and highschool romance to get it?

ditto for pep rallies, i don't get what goes on that's so damn special that they cut classes short so everyone can crowd into the gym to watch people do some shit or other to bad and/or overused music. i must have missed the memo about all this when i started high school.

(No, nor do I plan on it).

That's sad. Pep rallies are fun if you have a lot of friend to enjoy it with. It's all about school spirit dude. Also, you don't need to be the most popular kid to go to a school dance and have a hot chick to go with. I go with my girlfriends to the dance all the time just for fun and not for a romantic time. Also what's the deal with the highschool football comment? Do you even enjoy activities outside of your house?

Advancebo
September 4th, 2009, 06:37 PM
That's sad. Pep rallies are fun if you have a lot of friend to enjoy it with. It's all about school spirit dude. Also, you don't need to be the most popular kid to go to a school dance and have a hot chick to go with. I go with my >>>girlfriends<<< to the dance all the time just for fun and not for a romantic time. Also what's the deal with the highschool football comment? Do you even enjoy activities outside of your house?

orly?

PopeAK49
September 4th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Do you even know what i mean by girlfriends? :raise:

Dwood
September 4th, 2009, 06:41 PM
That's sad. Pep rallies are fun if you have a lot of friend to enjoy it with. It's all about school spirit dude. Also, you don't need to be the most popular kid to go to a school dance and have a hot chick to go with. I go with my girlfriends to the dance all the time just for fun and not for a romantic time. Also what's the deal with the highschool football comment? Do you even enjoy activities outside of your house?

No offence guys, but you're on Modacity. You expected more?

teh lag
September 4th, 2009, 06:45 PM

yes, i dislike homecoming and pep rallies so clearly i must have no friends to enjoy anything with and must be a shut-in who enjoys nothing out of the house, because there could not possibly be anything on earth besides them which you could do with friends nor anything else that could possibly be enjoyable that is done outside of the basement-dweller's abode

lol.

Advancebo
September 4th, 2009, 06:46 PM
yes, i dislike homecoming and pep rallies so clearly i have no friends to enjoy anything with and am a shut-in who enjoys nothing out of the house

lol.

thats me :saddowns:

legionaire45
September 4th, 2009, 06:49 PM
No.

SilentChaos
September 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM
No, I've always seen school functions as a waste of time and money. Yes, I do have many friends but I spend all my social time outside of school.

Jean-Luc
September 4th, 2009, 06:55 PM
yes, i dislike homecoming and pep rallies so clearly i must have no friends to enjoy anything with and must be a shut-in who enjoys nothing out of the house, because there could not possibly be anything on earth besides them which you could do with friends nor anything else that could possibly be enjoyable that is done outside of the basement-dweller's abode

lol.
Must spread rep :saddowns:

SnaFuBAR
September 4th, 2009, 06:57 PM
why go with a date? i used to just get a limo for my friends and i, go dateless and dance with everyone else's dates.

Horns
September 4th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Bunch of us are going in Shorts and T-shirts. Gonna crash the party.

Limited
September 4th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I dont see the point in homecomming, the name for starts, your not going home, its the opposite infact, your going back to school....Unless they are trying to say school is your home.

English party doos are pretty crap really, they try to American, which fails and it just ends up being cheezy as hell.

PopeAK49
September 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM

lol.

I wasn't trying to offend you or anything. When I meant activities I should of said sports and such instead. I'm sure you do a lot of things with friends. I wasn't trying to say you have no life at all. Maybe the school system down in the lower 48 is more gay then it is up here :downs:. But that thing about popular kids going to dances and playing football struck me as odd. A majority of our schools football members are not assholes who pick on people. Hell, I'm not the most popular kid in my school but I have a variety of friends who are popular and friends who are not. But whatever, our school systems must be totally different.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2009, 07:53 PM
We don't have "homecomings" in Australia because we do not feel the need to force an artificial sense of "school spirit" on students to get them to give a fuck. vOv

Sever
September 4th, 2009, 08:00 PM
why go with a date? i used to just get a limo for my friends and i, go dateless and dance with everyone else's dates.Oh Snaf, you big pimp.

PopeAK49
September 4th, 2009, 08:30 PM
We don't have "homecomings" in Australia because we do not feel the need to force an artificial sense of "school spirit" on students to get them to give a fuck. vOv

Well they don't force school spirit here too. It's more of a choice. Like you can choose to go to a pep ralley or not. You're not forced to do things that you don't want to do.

teh lag
September 4th, 2009, 08:31 PM
My school makes us go to it - they cut out class time for it to stick it at the end of the day and we can't go home early if we don't want to sit through it. I guess therein lies the difference.

Like, yeah, of course there's football players that aren't dicks; I was referring to the SCHOOL SPORTS TEAMS FUCK YEAAAR mentality. Maybe my school has more of it than normal, but my views about this kind of thing being a waste of time don't seem to be so uncommon here.

cheezdue
September 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I would go but I'm too fucking shy.

paladin
September 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM
All I remember about my last Homecoming was that I was drunk. I don't even know if I made it to school.

Corndogman
September 5th, 2009, 12:12 AM
I dont see the point in homecomming, the name for starts, your not going home, its the opposite infact, your going back to school....Unless they are trying to say school is your home.

It's when the football team plays their first home game usually. At least I think.

Ifafudafi
September 5th, 2009, 12:21 AM
The high school that the middle school I teach at feeds into have a joint homecoming thing at a local event center (since they're both so small.) Ordinarily I couldn't care less, but we're being asked to have a little teacher jazz group to entertain the kids, and since I still play clarinet, I'll be participating in that.

UnevenElefant5
September 5th, 2009, 12:31 AM
My school makes us go to it - they cut out class time for it to stick it at the end of the day and we can't go home early if we don't want to sit through it. I guess therein lies the difference.

Like, yeah, of course there's football players that aren't dicks; I was referring to the SCHOOL SPORTS TEAMS FUCK YEAAAR mentality. Maybe my school has more of it than normal, but my views about this kind of thing being a waste of time don't seem to be so uncommon here.
So does ours. They cut class short so we can listen to Holloback Girl/Umbrella and watch the cheerleaders fail and see the sports teams run in through the stupid banners.

Your school doesn't have more of it than normal, mine does the same thing.

Donut
September 5th, 2009, 12:46 AM
ready for a kicker? my school doesnt HAVE a football team and we still have homecoming.
E: we dont have cheerleaders either. its ridiculous. i dont like dances at all. its all flashy lights, obnoxious loud music, and nothing but slutty girls grinding guys in the center of the room. i want nothing to do with it. im sure my girlfriend will end up draging me to it though, so i chose the first response

Ganon
September 5th, 2009, 07:50 AM
school anything = waste of time

Snowy
September 5th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Pretty much all my life I've always been "Yaaayyyyy peep rally's! Yayyyyyyy high school football! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:", and always made fun of them. But then I suppose last year I began to change. I created two school clubs (dodgeball and donut club), and had a great teacher that instilled a lot of pride in me, being proud of our campus, and what we have. I find that it's a lot more enjoyable to cheer for your team (even if they do suck, and even if the pep rallys are lame). Because if you don't want to have a good time, you won't. You're in high school for four years, mine as well make the best of it. I'm a senior this year, so I wish I could've done some things differently, but oh well. Being involved in school activities (no matter what they are) make school a heck of a lot more enjoyable. I encourage all of you who aren't involved in something to branch out into something, or create something, you'll be glad you did.

With that being said, I don't know if I'm going to homecoming. Our's isn't until the end of October, so i unno yet.

Mass
September 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I have to go to homecoming, which is loud and absolutely irritating, it always drags on and no one at my school gives a fuck. It's largely an art school so basically anyone who isn't on the field is a pothead desperately attempting to hang on to simple sanity in the face of overwhelming perkiness.

well, that or I'll just skip the whole day of school with my friends and we'll all go smoke blunts, drink gin, and play poker.

god that sounds about a million times better

Inferno
September 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM

Our entire school budget goes to the fuckball team. They move other classes and shit to accommodate DUUURRRRR FOOOTAABAALLL team. They even made all the coaches math teachers to help the football players pass math.

And since we are forced to go the pep rallys we make it hell for everyone else. HAIL SATAN! HAIL SATAN! YOU SUCK HAIL SATAN!

Shining a laser pointer on a cheerleaders ass is always damn funny. Especially in front of 1000 people.

PopeAK49
September 5th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Pretty much all my life I've always been "Yaaayyyyy peep rally's! Yayyyyyyy high school football! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:", and always made fun of them. But then I suppose last year I began to change. I created two school clubs (dodgeball and donut club), and had a great teacher that instilled a lot of pride in me, being proud of our campus, and what we have. I find that it's a lot more enjoyable to cheer for your team (even if they do suck, and even if the pep rallys are lame). Because if you don't want to have a good time, you won't. You're in high school for four years, mine as well make the best of it. I'm a senior this year, so I wish I could've done some things differently, but oh well. Being involved in school activities (no matter what they are) make school a heck of a lot more enjoyable. I encourage all of you who aren't involved in something to branch out into something, or create something, you'll be glad you did.

With that being said, I don't know if I'm going to homecoming. Our's isn't until the end of October, so i unno yet.

I like this post.

annihilation
September 5th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm not going due to the fact that:

1) I hate these kinds of things.
2) I'm shy and will probobly end up walking around in circles if I do go.
3) I have better stuff to do.Like post in the OT forums!

TVTyrant
September 5th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Have you ever played a sport in high school? Like seriously? I dont go to homecoming or any of that bullshit either, but come on. Your obviously biased about something, and its really annoying. Whats a waste of time about it? What are you doing with that time?

Donut
September 5th, 2009, 03:55 PM
donut club
<3 you can take me to homecoming

PopeAK49
September 5th, 2009, 03:56 PM
You know I kind of thought about it and should of went and saw inglorius bastards, but w/e I already paid to go to the dance. This and prom are probably the only dances I'm going to go to.

Heathen
September 5th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I am.

teh lag
September 5th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Have you ever played a sport in high school? Like seriously? I dont go to homecoming or any of that bullshit either, but come on. Your obviously biased about something, and its really annoying. Whats a waste of time about it? What are you doing with that time?

I've been to a number of football games during my time in the school band and I can honestly say that I found them to be among the most boring things I've ever experienced. Most of my friends were in band at the time and sat through them with me, so it's not like I was just sitting alone either. I don't have fun or enjoy it at all - therefore, it's a waste of my time. I could be doing anything that I at least like. It's not that hard of a concept to understand. Yeah, I guess I'm... biased? I don't like being forced to do things I don't like that have no practical purpose. Am I not allowed to express my views about that?

I'm not lashing out at school sports in general, if that's what you think I'm getting at. Just the bizarre reverence people have for them to the point of considering them more important than class time and worth herding everyone in the school into the gym.

Ki11a_FTW
September 5th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Not going to point out names, but i can name a number of people on this forum against things like Homecoming, who never leave their house, which really makes no sense at all.

If i have a date, i go, if not, i do something else, it is pretty fun though

PopeAK49
September 5th, 2009, 06:28 PM
But you do like the NFL, right lag??

Donut
September 5th, 2009, 06:28 PM
i dont leave my house because theres nothing i like to do outside my house hth

PopeAK49
September 5th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Cause you're stuck in a basement and play tea party with spiders and bears. :iamafag:

Llama Juice
September 5th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I go to a nerd college. We no has football (shucks).

I want a pep rally anyhow, I love the energy that goes into them and it's all just awesome.

Occasionally I'll throw impromptu pep rallies for kids that just look bored/dead/not pepped up for silly things... like quizzes.. or just life haha.

It's fun.

My life rocks.

Bodzilla
September 5th, 2009, 07:09 PM
dear god teh lags posts in this thread are heavenily.
fucking lol'd my ass off.

And yeah like n00b said we dont do any of this shit in australia, 99% of people view it as a pointless waste of time and no it's not school specific.
we do have a formal for year 10 and 12 students and a couple of socials but other then that there is no HURRRR FOOOTTTBAAALLLLLLL shit here at all.

killer9856
September 5th, 2009, 07:13 PM
With friends maybe.

Timo
September 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM
dear god teh lags posts in this thread are heavenily.
fucking lol'd my ass off.

And yeah like n00b said we dont do any of this shit in australia, 99% of people view it as a pointless waste of time and no it's not school specific.
we do have a formal for year 10 and 12 students and a couple of socials but other then that there is no HURRRR FOOOTTTBAAALLLLLLL shit here at all.

High five fellow Australasian _o/\o_

Donut
September 5th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Cause you're stuck in a basement and play tea party with spiders and bears. :iamafag:
:maddowns: how did you know that?

ultama121
September 5th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I pretty much agree with all that teh lag is saying.

At our school, every other day we get out at 1:30. There's a chance that on those days we'll have pep rallies. On those days with pep rallies, they extend our out time to 2:10. I mean, sometimes pep rallies are fun but I really see no reason to force us to go to pep rallies when we could be: A: Going home or B: Utilizing the time for academics.

flibitijibibo
September 5th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Heh, homecomings... I never bothered with the actual homecoming itself. For me, it was an excuse to get my gf to just spend the whole weekend with me and not have to deal with the other bullshit. Same thing with my senior prom.

I only got to experience 2 pep rallies in my 4 years because we fucked up our own traditions, for srs. I mean fucked up on a "property damage" scale. So yeah, they cut those for some period of time, and I'm not even sure that it's happening this year either. I'm glad they did though, because you felt like an unappreciated piece of shit if you weren't a part of it. In a nutshell, "FUCK YEAR, FOOTBALL, SOCCER, *THE OTHER SPORTS*, THESE GUYS ARE ALL WAY FUCKING BETTER THAN YOU, AND TO PROVE IT, WE MADE YOU ALL COME OUT HERE JUST TO WATCH THESE ASSHOLES RUN ACROSS THE ROOM." I taught for 2 years, ran tech support for the music and math depts, and almost single-handedly kept my school's shitty band program from sinking entirely; where's my fucking ceremony? Graduation? Nice try. The only people who got recognition there were the people who sunk their lives into straight A's that only went towards going to UMD, the state's 13th grade, or those who wrote a literary version of sucking the staff's cocks for a speech.

I'm 900 miles away from that bullshit and I couldn't be happier about it.

I side with teh lag on thissun'.

Heathen
September 5th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I go because it makes the woman happy. And thats all that matters.

PopeAK49
September 5th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Atleast now we know who wears the pants in your relationship. :realsmug:

Corndogman
September 5th, 2009, 10:58 PM
In an ideal situation, neither of them do. :realsmug:

n00b1n8R
September 6th, 2009, 01:06 AM
High five fellow Australasian _o/\o_
o/\o

LinkandKvel
September 6th, 2009, 02:04 AM
have you guys ever thought that they give these pep rallies 2 give you a BREAK from school academics every now and then? But extending the closing time? unheard of. FUCK THAT! Pep rallies aren't too bad though. I only went to my senior homecoming and had a blast. wish i went all four years. Our homecoming game last year though was bad. Our whole football team ended up fighting the whole other team and we got disqualified. Thank god the dance wasn't canceled though.

jngrow
September 6th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Why would I go? I'm not in high school.

flibitijibibo
September 6th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Our homecoming game last year though was bad. Our whole football team ended up fighting the whole other team and we got disqualified. Thank god the dance wasn't canceled though.We actually had a similar situation at one of our homecoming games. Our team was completely ruining the other team's shit (which is unheard of for us), and after a while, the other team basically gave up and just started randomly tackling people during plays. After, oh I don't know, 10 plays of this, the brilliant sleuth of a ref disqualified them and ended the game before halftime even hit. Good thing he did, because the marching band's show would have been a much bigger disaster.

Llama Juice
September 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I think it's funny how everyone is so negative in this thread.

Teh Lag expecially, but... *shrug*

Sure, I skipped my Junior Prom (and rented a fun bounce (http://www.funbounce.com/) instead) but I didn't get all uppity about how terrible it is.

I wasn't the most popular guy in high school, I didn't have all that much confidence in myself, or try to be a standout part of my school. I was just another face, sure I was a face that everyone knew... but it didn't matter.

If I was 13 again, starting HS over again, I'd have done it way differently.

Getting through the ONE DAY where you're just going to be a negative nancy about the whole situation is just dumb. A few of you were saying you didn't wanna go because you were too "shy" well... how do you fix that? Go talk to people! Closing yourself up in your room while everyone else is out partying (yea, even if it's a lame party) doesn't solve anything.

I don't drink/smoke. Last weekend I went to three parties, the first party was one that UCF was holding, lots of random shit to do... lots of people... it was just an overal fun time. The 2nd one was the next day at a LAN party with drinking and smoking and such. I don't drink or smoke, but I didn't let that ruin my experience at that party. I just had a blast destroying kids and then the next classday a bunch of people were all "So I heard you're good at Halo 3" lol it was funny.

The last party was right after that LAN party, it was an apartment party near UCF, there were atleast 55 people in that apartment and a ton of alcohol. My friend Justin and his girlfriend Cyn left nearly as soon as they got there saying it's not their scene... Mike and I stuck around and made it our scene. Mike is a lot more outgoing than I am... and so still compared to him I was the quiet one haha. But still at the end of the night, everyone there knew who we were (in a good way lol) and we were getting invited to other parties.

Neither of us drank anything, and at that last party when we walked in the only person I knew was mike, he knew another person, but that was it. By the end of it all we knew everyone, and had an amazing night.

tl;dr:
Just because it's not your "normal" scene... doesn't mean that you can't have a great time. Stop being a fucking downer and just go in with a positive attitude. You'd be amazed at the difference that makes in life.

PopeAK49
September 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
What an awesome night. I'm really happy that I went.

Heathen
September 6th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Atleast now we know who wears the pants in your relationship. :realsmug:

If I keep her happy I usually dont.

lolol.

naw, jus playin.

teh lag
September 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
It's not like I'm the Grinch and the very thought of having fun with other people sends shivers down my spine and rage into my eyes. Ordering pizzas and playing Super Smash/Halo/watching movies/fucking around on the internet with my friends is a blast, as is taking a trip to the beach or a theme park or wherever the fuck.

Nor is it like every time I see someone in the hall talking about homecoming I go all OH MY GOD IT SUCKS YOU SUCK FUCK YOU YOU STUPID CUNT HOW COULD ANYONE LIKE IT!!! Again, this is a thread about homecoming, so where's the problem with saying that I don't like that sort of thing? I see no reason to not have a discussion unless there's some new rule that you can't talk about something if you want to express negative views.

I'm saying with having been to 3 years' pep rallies, 2 years of football games in the marching band, and numerous dance-esque gatherings at the request of my friends that this is not my thing and I don't see why they are worthy of so much attention. It's not a question of being social for me, it's a question of "this isn't something I like." If we had a thread about roller-coasters and someone said they didn't like theme parks for whatever reason, I wouldn't go "man don't be so negative about this!" and go on about the importance of hanging out with friends. It's just not that person's thing.

But you do like the NFL, right lag??

I take no issue with football in its own.

And warlord tyrant, to answer your question: no, I have not played any school sports.

=sw=warlord
September 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Although i've long left school i will put my £0.02 in.
I've never really found an interest in dances or parties, sure when i was leaving school there was the leavers prom but i declined to that as well which didnt go down so well for a few girls i was friends with at the time.

Personaly i find parties where everyone is getting drunk and dancing about pretty borish and would rather sit in a quiet room talking to friends than making myself look like a donce making random movements pretending im dancing.:v:

I've since been to a few parties since but those also bored the living stone out of me, im more of a intelectual person than a impulsive person who enjoys dancing.
I would have to say the most impulsive thing i've done is walk through a packed town street dressed in full on clown clothes squirty water flower included.:haw:
As i said, thats my £0.02 worth of a comment.
E:
Wait what?
I think you got the wrong person lag.

PopeAK49
September 6th, 2009, 03:50 PM
People have different characteristics of what they like and what they don't like. W/e we're not all the same.

Llama Juice
September 7th, 2009, 11:25 AM
My point is that being negative isn't doing you any favors.

El Lobo
September 7th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Going stag to homecoming is the best way to do it, dance with everyone instead of worrying about if your spending enough time with the girl you brought. On the other hand, definitely have to have a date for prom. Homecoming is a blast, for those of you not going I suggest rethinking your decision. Just find a bunch of friends to go with and you will have a great time.

:lobo:

EDIT: And Llama's right, even if your not inherently outgoing, you sometimes have to force yourself out of your comfort zone and talk to people. Your life will become much easier when you find out you have the ability to carry on a conversation with someone.

mech
September 7th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Lobo means your life will be easier once you get some pussy :lobo:

UrKungFuSux
September 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I always thought that homecoming was for alumni and students...and for the football game stuff too.

I don't go all nuts over school sports and spirit and whatnot, but I figure why not go to the dance? Even if it isn't fancy and stuff, if you get to spend the night with your date.

@teh lag: Sporting events like football games tend to be boring anyways. I had to do colorguard last year, and it sucked ass during football games. We'd have to stand there and wait for the entire team's roster to be called before we could go. And watching the game afterwards was extremely boring.

ThePlague
September 7th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Too stupid and a waste of money. Not worth it at all imho.

Heathen
September 7th, 2009, 10:56 PM
bhaha, your homecomings are expensive?
Its like 40 dollars for ours...
so like 200 dollars for clothes and 40 for entry...

If you cant shell out 240 you must be homeless, jobless, and probably going stag.

Jean-Luc
September 7th, 2009, 11:04 PM
If you cant shell out 240 you must be homeless, jobless, and probably going stag.
Or we have other things to do with our lives that don't require us spending the equivalent of $60/hr to dance.

PS: $240 is RIDICULOUSLY expensive.

English Mobster
September 7th, 2009, 11:11 PM
$25 a ticket for mine.

Donut
September 7th, 2009, 11:13 PM
heathen i read your post and i thought you were being sarcastic about the $240 thing...... you are being sarcastic right? because $240 is fucking ridiculous

mech
September 7th, 2009, 11:16 PM

What the fuck, 240?

TVTyrant
September 7th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I own a black suit, and ours is like $20 :realsmug:

Heathen
September 7th, 2009, 11:31 PM
heathen i read your post and i thought you were being sarcastic about the $240 thing...... you are being sarcastic right? because $240 is fucking ridiculous

Lool, no.
Anyone who has a job can afford $240.

TVTyrant
September 7th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I have a job. I could spend $240. Want a PS3 and H3 ODST instead though. Of course I dont mean H3 ODST for PS3

Heathen
September 7th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I'd rather we with a woman.

and not games.

Because I'm a heterosexual.

Jean-Luc
September 7th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Ah, the always wonderful "I have a girlfriend therefore I'm superior" mentality. :-3

Some of us here just don't feel like giving up a weeks pay to grind in the middle of the dance floor listening to the abomination that is most modern music.

Just one fellow's opinion.

Heathen
September 7th, 2009, 11:42 PM
yeah, well she isn't my girlfriend.

and homecoming is for the girl, after is for the guys.

LinkandKvel
September 7th, 2009, 11:43 PM
$240 is like prom price. $200 tux and $40 per ticket. However homecoming you can throw together formal clothing and pay the $30 ticket.

ChemicalFizz
September 7th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Whoa whoa whoa what school is THIS? Our homecoming dance is in our gym; entry is $5. And the football game is free. Well... that is... probably because our school's football team is consistently ranked one of the worst high school teams in Long Island... or NY... or the US... (ex: I remember one match where they lost like 3 - 49 against a local school... and I think we just won our first football game in a decade about 1.5 years ago, and ironically, it was the homecoming game).

I didn't even know you were supposed to bring dates to a homecoming. But that's also probably because ours takes place in the gymnasium of our school with an entry fee of $5.

I used to hate Pep Rally. It kinda went like this: before I started doing a fall sport, I used to be the one in the bleacher who couldn't grab any friends to sit with. Then the feeling of shame and worthlessness while watching the athletes getting all the fame and attention, kinda like how I felt while watching the 2008 Olympics with 16 year old gymnastic stars already earning golds. Then I started running cross country. Soon after, I realized it was nothing special. The cheerleaders did their thing with a choreographed dance routine (they get consistently better every year, I'll admit). The football team plays some huge headbanger music and the cheerleaders make a bridge with their arms as the football team runs through. The boys soccer team does something similar. The girls soccer team goes around shooting string confetti at the teachers. And the golf, girl's tennis, and cross country team, well, nobody really notices anyway. Also, the girl's volleyball team has this ridiculous dance routine of "volleyball poses" that kinda makes eyes shift around the gym; it's almost like a parody of the cheerleaders, except it's not, and if it were, it'd be utter fail. Well that's all you need to know about Herricks Senior High School. :golfclap:

Heathen
September 7th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Eh, I dont like wearing cheap clothes.

I mean...I have a freaking fedora collection.

Timo
September 8th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Hire a goddamn suit, and spend half the money.

TVTyrant
September 8th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I'd rather we with a woman.

and not games.

Because I'm a heterosexual.

Eh, I dont like wearing cheap clothes.

I mean...I have a freaking fedora collection.
DOES NOT COMPUTE

Heathen
September 8th, 2009, 12:10 AM
lol, gtfomb.

English Mobster
September 8th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Get The Fuck Off My Board?
E: Oh, Get The Fuck Off My Balls. Makes much more sense. Kinda. If you're high. Or gay.

Bodzilla
September 8th, 2009, 02:59 AM

you do realize that for a massive amount of people $240 is a weeks paycheck?

oh i guess you didnt cause your dumb.
hth.