PDA

View Full Version : The best Deal Ever for 19$

korori
September 5th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Ok This was took good to pass up. I found this and its really real.
Tons of software for free the only thing your paying for is a year subscription that is 19$.

I now own 4 copies of Windows 7 and plenty of other great software. The only down side is your SUPPOSE TO BE A STUDENT. But I am sure you can get away not being a student.

Enjoy
http://www.overclock.net/online-deals/565690-msdn-aa-access-19-4x-win7.html

Register
https://campus.acm.org/public/QuickJoin/qj_control.cfm?form_type=Student

MSDN
http://msdn01.e-academy.com/elms/Storefront/Storefront.aspx?campus=ACM&np1=112

Korori

PlasbianX
September 5th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Already got access to all the MSDNAA stuff through my university. Havent paid a dime yet. (only time I pay is if I want a copy on DVD instead of direct downloads for ISOs or other files)

korori
September 5th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Same here with my college. But I needed a few more for my laptop and my other desktop. I couldnt pass it up. I mainly posted it because some Colleges do not provide much or nothing at all. Also for those who are in high school.

Korori

jcap
September 5th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Technically if you have a key through MSDNAA, you "own" the key for the duration of the subscription. After the subscription ends or your leave the providing school, whichever comes first, you must remove all traces of software from your computer.

Also, their thinking of "4 keys" is such awfully twisted logic. It's only two keys, no matter how you look at it. Just because it can be used on either 32 or 64-bit doesn't mean it gives you an extra key. When you buy Windows 7 retail, you get one key that can be used on either version.

korori
September 5th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Usage Guidelines:

You may use the software for non-commercial purposes including instructional use, research and/or design, development and testing of projects for class assignment and tests or personal projects. You may not use the Program software for any for-profit software development.
When you are no longer a registered student in a department that is a member of the MSDN Academic Alliance, you may no longer receive updates for your personal use computer. However, you may continue to use previously installed software on your computer, provided you continue to follow program guidelines.
If you violate the terms of the License Agreement and EULA, the MSDNAA Program Administrator will demand confirmation of removal of the program software on your personal use computer.

Basically You can use it even if your no longer a member. You are just not allowed to receive any service or help with it when you are no longer a member.

https://msdn01.e-academy.com/elms/Orders/PrePurchaseWriteup.aspx?campus=ACM&p=1216&&pwt=1

jcap
September 5th, 2009, 09:35 PM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/bb250608.aspx

c. Effect. If your MSDN AA membership ends for any reason:

these terms will terminate;
you may no longer distribute the software to your staff, faculty, and students; however, they may continue to use copies of the software they received from you prior to termination of your MSDN AA membership in accordance with these terms (including Section 3.b); and
you must destroy all copies of the software in your possession.

Actually, it seems Microsoft is constantly contradicting themselves. I've seen 4 places on Microsoft's websites that say two different things.

ultama121
September 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM
^That sucks.

I might do this if I can though.

korori
September 5th, 2009, 09:43 PM
This sounds more like the administrator for the school. b/c of the second part of that effect.

you may no longer distribute the software to your staff, faculty, and students; however, they may continue to use copies of the software they received from you prior to termination of your MSDN AA membership in accordance with these terms (including Section 3.b); and

Ya I have notice that. I'm going to print it out from that page ACM saying i can continue to use it once I no longer am a student.

Korori

PlasbianX
September 5th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Well looking at the site i was linked to through my University email, I plan on downloading the visual basic stuff as well as the windows 7. My only prob is, can I do a direct upgrade from XP? I really dont wanna lose all my files with a format >_<

flibitijibibo
September 5th, 2009, 09:50 PM
No, but I think everything in your C:\ will go in a windows.old folder, it'd really just be a lot of cut+pasting files and reinstalling the programs you can't just move (thank Christ for Source .gcf's).

korori
September 5th, 2009, 10:01 PM
PlasbianX: Why Visual Basic get C# or C++. And no you can not upgrade from XP to 7. But it is worth the formate though. Stuff like steam you can just copy to an external hdd. and just copy your Desktop, My Documents, Backup Email if you have any. Transfer your Halo CE/Vista to hdd.

Korori

PlasbianX
September 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
PlasbianX: Why Visual Basic get C# or C++. And no you can not upgrade from XP to 7. But it is worth the formate though. Stuff like steam you can just copy to an external hdd. and just copy your Desktop, My Documents, Backup Email if you have any. Transfer your Halo CE/Vista to hdd.

Korori

Because visual studio is the only program (other than XNA) on my list for download.

Limited
September 7th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Sweet stuff, I must be eligable for this, I'm a student studying computers, is this like US only though? I have one of those weird student logins for that website, cant remember what its called.

Horns
September 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM
This is weird. I go to the link to sign up and it says...

The Microsoft Developer Academic Alliance package
DOES NOT contain Windows 7.

That sucks.

flibitijibibo
September 19th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Yeah, it passed I think (according to Huero, anyway). But, there is another deal... again.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18146

Horns
September 20th, 2009, 12:00 AM
But I'm not in college. :( I wish someone offered discounts for high-schoolers.