PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8

Rook
September 7th, 2009, 01:46 AM
http://vista.blorge.com/2009/04/25/forget-windows-7-windows-8-is-already-on-its-way/

fuck off, also better not be cloud computing that can s my d

Sel
September 7th, 2009, 01:55 AM
vista was fine

fuck all those faggots who hated it

Ganon
September 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
vista was fine

whats vista

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 7th, 2009, 09:18 AM
wtf, already?

teh lag
September 7th, 2009, 09:26 AM
wtf, already?

What, is MS supposed to just sit on its ass for a few years and only then decide "whoa hey dudes we better make a new OS!" H2 started development immediately after H1's release, same with H3 after H2's. That's how development works.

jcap
September 7th, 2009, 09:59 AM
It feels like we’ve been waiting for Windows 7 for ages now. We haven’t, it’s only been two-and-a-half years since Vista arrived. Maybe that’s why it feels like a lifetime, because Vista was so damn disappointing and many people haven’t given it the credit it now deserves.
Suck my dick.

Oh wow, Microsoft continuing development of Windows! HOLY SHIT WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

korori
September 7th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I'm half way on this. I would need actual proof first from M$. And vista for a basic users were great. But if you pushed it really hard it would cause many problems.

-Vista has hard time with virtual machines (Virtual PC/VMware) while running the root OS.

-Compatibility issues- most things were not vista complaint until last year for the most part.

-Driver issues- For me this was a big issues. Vista would automatically reinstall the latest of there drivers over the manufacturers. Some actually would cause compatibility issues creating BSOD. (I had that happen when it over rode my GFX Driver)

-Windowing- 7 Compared to Vista I am able to have twice as many programs running

-Domain- Vista without and reg-mod could had a hard time with map drives and authentication took a bit.

Like I said above. I like to see actual proof they are releasing 8.

Windows 7 does have minor bugs so far. I know of the chkdsk. Despite what they said it does not cause a BSOD. I was able to make one. I'm sure there's more. I havnt really looked for them.

Korori

Heathen
September 7th, 2009, 10:24 AM
vista was fine

srs. Sp1 was fine.

=sw=warlord
September 7th, 2009, 10:34 AM
korori, Vista is fine for everyone including power users.
Me and you nearly have same kind fo specs apart from you having 1.5TB HDD and 8Gb's ram.
The truth is, vista was very good in the beta stages and because of that many people figured it would be twice as good in the final retail and when it came to release, alot of people were disappointed because they assumed many things.
I have yet to get a bluescreen error that was not my fault[IE: hardware not plugged in correctly]

jcap
September 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
-Vista has hard time with virtual machines (Virtual PC/VMware) while running the root OS.
Lack of support from VMware - their drivers sucked ass, otherwise it would have worked fine.

-Compatibility issues- most things were not vista complaint until last year for the most part.You'll have the same problem with Windows 7, so don't expect anything different. Again, not Microsoft's fault. It's the lazy-ass third party developers who are to blame.

-Driver issues- For me this was a big issues. Vista would automatically reinstall the latest of there drivers over the manufacturers. Some actually would cause compatibility issues creating BSOD. (I had that happen when it over rode my GFX Driver)The only automatic driver installation I've experienced is that when you first install new hardware. It will NEVER install drivers automatically after that unless you choose the optional updates in Windows Update. Windows 7 actually takes automatic driver installation to a whole new level. Also, I haven't seen a BSOD from a Windows Update driver since Windows XP. They've gotten much better at making sure those things don't happen (while at the same time providing more and more drivers).[/quote]
-Windowing- 7 Compared to Vista I am able to have twice as many programs running I never had a problem with running any programs. Though, Windows 7 does have a smaller memory footprint and is much better at memory management. I have no idea how you could have had any problems with your amount of RAM.[/quote]

-Domain- Vista without and reg-mod could had a hard time with map drives and authentication took a bit.I do agree here. After coming from XP, getting Vista network-ready was a fucking pain in the ass. They got rid of the "advanced" things for things that are "simple", but all they did was make everything more difficult and overly-complicated.

korori
September 7th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Actually VMware is A lot better for virtualization then virtual PC. They have gotten better with there drivers in the past few years. I haven't had a problem with there support.

Compatibility - That is why I use virtual machines for I'll just load a XP Pro Client (Until XP Mode is officially released for RTM)

Driver Issues like I posted- I used Vlite strip it out. Then disabled automatic updates and manually choose them.

Ya with the program used for some reason each installation of vista business whether it was 32bit or 64bit. When I got past around 20 programs open it would start to freeze even though I had 6-7gb of ram free.

Korori

Cojafoji
September 7th, 2009, 11:52 AM
-Domain- Vista without and reg-mod could had a hard time with map drives and authentication took a bit.

That is one thing about vista that continually pisses me off.

Rook
September 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Suck my dick.

Oh wow, Microsoft continuing development of Windows! HOLY SHIT WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mainly had could computing in mind with thread creation, that shit sucks

Limited
September 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Old, "April 25, 2009"

I'm still on XP, not going to do Vista, going to change straight to Windows 7. Also, whats the actual name of Windows 7, or will it literally be released as "Windows 7"

Dwood
September 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Old, "April 25, 2009"

I'm still on XP, not going to do Vista, going to change straight to Windows 7. Also, whats the actual name of Windows 7, or will it literally be released as "Windows 7"

I'm in the same boat as you limited. :D
Prob.

Bhamid
September 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Its gonna be released as Windows 7.

Limited
September 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I'm in the same boat as you limited. :D
Prob.
I'm gonna try to install Windows 7 right now (RC build), hope it all goes well and Windows 7 runs smooth on my pc, because I'm not gonna dual boot.

Xetsuei
September 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM
LOL!

Vista is a terrible operating system and always will be. I honestly don't know what to say to you guys that think Vista is great other than you're stupid.

But at that, this thread is not about Vista now is it? Windows 7 was a big leap forward, hope to see the same with 8. I'm glad Microsoft isn't waiting for 5 years to release another operating system like they did with Vista.

Saggy
September 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I'm gonna try to install Windows 7 right now (RC build), hope it all goes well and Windows 7 runs smooth on my pc, because I'm not gonna dual boot.
You have to clean install then, which means you'll lose everything unless you back up all your files to another drive.

Limited
September 7th, 2009, 02:56 PM
You have to clean install then, which means you'll lose everything unless you back up all your files to another drive.
What I meant was, I'm not going to partition it and clean install Windows 7 on the new partition. If it messes up and doesnt like my pc, I'll have to reinstall Windows and reinstall all apps and what not, I dont mind doing that, if I get Windows 7 though. But having to do it just to get back to square 1 sucks.

Also yeah I'm backing up my stuff onto secondary drive.

BobtheGreatII
September 7th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Wasn't it announced that Windows 8 was being worked on like, right after Windows 7 had been announced?