PDA

View Full Version : Peter Marks Passed Away Today...

Saggy
September 8th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Peter Marks has been a part of the Bungie community, both inside and out, for more than ten years. Myth players knew him as BNA Mordia. Halo PC players knew him as Lud. Bungie fans of Halo know Peter's work, Hang Em High and other popular levels. Unfortunately, Peter has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. He is doing what he can to fight it, with doctors pulling every trick in the book to defeat it. With his physical being in the care of professionals, close friends and family have been giving him much love and support to give him a much needed lift in spirits. That brings us to this page. Kind words and well wishes can do nothing but help. As a member of the Bungie community and as people in general, your well wishes can go a long way to letting Peter know he is not alone, that there are others who do care. So if you remember Peter, enjoy playing his levels, or if you'd just like to let him know you're pulling for him... this is the place to add your comments.

UPDATE:
Peter William Marks passed away on September 7th, 2009 at 11:35 p.m. He fought to the very end, and will be missed greatly.

So sad. He brought great maps, and yet no one really knew him. Now he is dead. RIP :(

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 8th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Damn, that is quite sad.
RIP

klange
September 8th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Rest in Peace oh maker of tombstones...
e: Can we do a Peter Marks Gamenight in his honor (preferably over the weekend, too much to do tonight).

TVTyrant
September 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Other than Hang Em' High which ones are his?

jcap
September 8th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Such a shame... :(

Really need to dedicate a gamenight to him.

=sw=warlord
September 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Other than Hang Em' High which ones are his?
i think prisoner and derelict were some of his maps as well.

Limited
September 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM
RIP, thanks for giving me endless hours of fun.

Ganon
September 8th, 2009, 04:42 PM
cant say I like hang em high, but derelict is my favorite map.

Sel
September 8th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Prisoner is the best map ever

fuck this sucks

Snowy
September 8th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Sad stuff

Terry
September 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Good Bye best map maker on Bungie ;_;

Donut
September 8th, 2009, 04:58 PM
HANG EM HIGH FOR LIFE
perhaps marks is wandering around in hang em high now. either way this sucks :saddowns:

Heathen
September 8th, 2009, 05:11 PM
man....sucks.

ThePlague
September 8th, 2009, 05:20 PM
RIP Bungie man that made awesome maps :(

Amit
September 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Peter marks, you will be sorely missed by all. To Peter marks :smith: *takes another mouthful of Heineken*

Hotrod
September 8th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Aww, he made one of the best Halo 1 maps of all time, this really sucks. :( It's sad to know that we'll never get any more maps from him ever again... R.I.P.

Rosco
September 8th, 2009, 07:35 PM
.... :'(

Sel
September 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Good Bye best map maker on Bungie ;_;

umm that would be me???

ultama121
September 8th, 2009, 08:11 PM
:(

I also loved all of those maps mentioned.

rossmum
September 9th, 2009, 01:19 AM
That blows. Much like 2009. :smith:

n00b1n8R
September 9th, 2009, 01:36 AM
That's what you said about 2008. :saddowns:
But yeah, shit sucks, he made some of my favourite levels for HPC D:

ps. can we all have memorial game-nights when we die in 60 years and we're playing 4th dimensional halo fighting games?

hry
September 9th, 2009, 01:40 AM
:( </3

Bodzilla
September 9th, 2009, 07:34 AM
he made prisoner, derelict AND hang em High?

:smith:

annihilation
September 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM
RIP, maker of the best sniper map evar.
Also, nobody finds it wierd that he died on the 7th?
:conspiracy:

oh yeah.
http://marksism.bungie.org/

=sw=warlord
September 9th, 2009, 12:12 PM
he made prisoner, derelict AND hang em High?

:smith:
Yeah the guy made the best maps.

annihilation
September 11th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Bungie should do a Halo 3 remake of Hang Em High.

klange
September 11th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Bungie should do a Halo 3 remake of Hang Em High.
Isn't Longshore supposed to be "basically HEH"?

flibitijibibo
September 11th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I've learned that "basically *X*" means "not at all like *X*" in Bungienese. See: Midship <-> Assembly

klange
September 11th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'm surprised no one has tried to make it in Forge yet... Or have they? I'm not a forgaholic, so I wouldn't know. This man deserves some post-mortem praise.

tj117
September 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I'm surprised no one has tried to make it in Forge yet... Or have they? I'm not a forgaholic, so I wouldn't know. This man deserves some post-mortem praise.
When I first head about it I decided I would make a memorial based off of the Hang-em-high architecture with basically a big shrine in the center, then realized I suck ass in forge.:downs:

Sever
September 11th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Here are two pretty good remakes of Hang 'Em High (http://www.forgehub.com/forum/969192-post1.html) and Tombstone (http://www.forgehub.com/forum/861349-post1.html) (yeah, a remake of a remake - odd paradox) in Sandbox's Crypt. Just look around on ForgeHub.

Also, I still plan to eventually do my own HCE remake/reinvention of Hang 'Em High, Graveyard, which will be located right next to a downed Halcyon class cruiser(as in the Needler catwalk is actually a service groove in the side of the downed ship), and will have pieces of the ship making up the catwalks and towers, as well as a Pelican (Blue ramp), Scorpion chassis (Red ramp), two Albatross drop pods (Bunkers), and a whole bunch of damaged Warthogs and HEV pods (Tombstones). Just for kicks there will be a crashed Longsword above Red base. I'll be adding more ways into and out of the hallway under Blue base, and will be giving Red base and the catwalks much more cover and retaliatory capabilities.

And yes, there will be some kind of memorial to him on the map.