PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Innovation Day

MetKiller Joe
September 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
The following is the full text of a proclamation by Governor Deval L. Patrick (http://innovation.blog.state.ma.us/blog/2009/09/video-game-innovation-day-.html):
Whereas Massachusetts, a world leader in technological innovation, is home to one of the largest and most diverse clusters of video game companies and talent in the country, generating over $3 billion in sales in 2008; and

Whereas In 1961, MIT students Martin Graetz, Steve Russell and Wayne Wiitanen invented the game Spacewar!, one of the first video games ever created; and

Whereas Throughout the Bay State, innovative companies are developing new gaming technologies from diagnostics to social media. Our universities feature programs and curriculum that support the growth of the videogame industry; and

Whereas On this day, Harmonix Music Systems, the Cambridge-based inventors of Rock Band and developer of the original Guitar Hero games, is releasing The Beatles: Rock Bandâ„¢, a game that will not only bring the creativity and joy of The Beatles music to countless people, but will introduce the Fab Four to new generations of fans,

Now, Therefore, I, Deval L. Patrick, Governor of theCommonwealth of Massachusetts, do hereby proclaim September 9th, 2009 to be,

Video Game Innovation Day

And urge all the citizens of the Commonwealth to take cognizance of this event and participate fittingly in its observance.

Given at the Executive Chamber in Boston, this ninth day of September, in the year two thousand and nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America, the two hundred and thirty-third.

By His Excellency
Deval L. Patrick
Governor of the Commonwealth

Source: http://www.bostonpostmortem.org/
I love my state :D.

Kornman00
September 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM
"By his excellency" lol

Recognition is great and all...but other than something to say "me, the excellency, made that day!" what does this even bring to new day that yesterday didn't?

MetKiller Joe
September 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I just think it is cool. Does nothing for the actual day. Its sorta like weird hat day.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 9th, 2009, 11:02 AM
woohoo
I love my state too :3

Limited
September 9th, 2009, 10:51 PM
If they actually did something special on this day, then yeah it'd be cool. But I bet its like all the other ones, its just a name and has no real meaning.