PDA

View Full Version : fuck cable management PLEASE CARE THIS IS URGENT

rossmum
September 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
A few weeks ago, my ancient desk mic decided to finally crap out on me. I took the opportunity to buy myself a new headset to replace both that and my tattered lightweight headphones. Happy that both requirements had been fulfilled, I got used to actually hearing music the way it was supposed to sound again. The new headset even proved to be a far superior mount for my TrackIR lights, as it was heavier and of a far sturdier design.

Problem: both the headset and TrackIR wires seem absolutely hellbent on snaking around each other, themselves, and anything else that dares come close. At first this was more annoying than anything, as the six-foot cable would suddenly shorten to four feet and I'd find my head being pulled into the desk. Finally, one of the wires seems to have broken; I'm only getting sound through the right side if I sit at a certain angle, bend the cable into a certain knot, and avoid any sort of movement. The TrackIR cable (and even the thinner cables in my old headphones) seem immune to fatigue but the $50 headset is now of dubious value as anything other than an absolute last resort. I strongly doubt it's returnable, so I basically spent $50 on a month of good sound quality.

I'm planning on going shopping tomorrow and buying another headset, and I obviously want to avoid this happening again. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them; all I can think of is just going mental with duct tape. Separating the wires (in terms of distance, anyway) is physically impossible as the TrackIR must be on the left side, and every headset I've seen has the wire on the left as well.

Cojafoji
September 9th, 2009, 11:42 AM
uh, wireless headphones?

or abuse a couple of slip ties.

Ganon
September 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Doesn't sound like ur buying sennheiser!

Atty
September 9th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Doesn't sound like ur buying sennheiser!yeah do that

HD555's were my best investment ever.

FRain
September 9th, 2009, 10:46 PM
HD600 yeah

:realsmug:

Atty
September 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM
balls dropped

:smug: