PDA

View Full Version : What to buy!

Cortexian
September 10th, 2009, 04:48 AM
tl;dr
Vote for which you think I should buy first (or what YOU would buy first).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, due to the fact that I'm currently unemployed for medical reasons (pneumothorax, etc, etc) I'm extremely short on cash. I owe my parents some cash for the two monitors I had them buy me on a "loan" and I would need another eVGA GTX 285 1GB to run them all. I would also like to purchase Halo 3 ODST when it comes out, but I don't think I'll be able to come up with enough for both. My parents are cool with me paying them back whenever (because they're being horrible and not letting me use them until they're payed for) but I'll go crazy knowing I can triple-monitor, yet not.

I've come up with a brilliant idea to bring in enough cash for the monitors+graphics card, I'm going to sell my bike. I never use it anymore because I'm lazy and have a car most of the time, and I can probably get a decent amount of cash for it as well (it's a stock 2005 Devinci Johnson (http://www.bikepedia.com/Quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2005&Brand=Devinci&Model=Johnson&Type=bike)) since it's in good condition. I don't think I'll have enough to get ODST as well though, so vote for which you think I should go for first...

n00b1n8R
September 10th, 2009, 04:55 AM
No poll?

Save your money for something important if you're that strapped for cash, don't be an idiot.
Since you're obviously going to ignore that advice, stop posting get the monitors because PC gaming > Console. :P

p0lar_bear
September 10th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Your first priority should be to pay off your debts. Always. No matter how small.

=sw=warlord
September 10th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Your first priority should be to pay off your debts. Always. No matter how small.
I agree.
Each time i need to borrow money as soon as my money come's in i pay of the debt asap.

Bodzilla
September 10th, 2009, 06:06 AM
great advice in this thread.

the more you get in debt the harder it is to pay off. there is no exceptions to this rule. Aim to be above the line.

Pay your rent power, car as soon as your money arives, then budget what you have left for what you like.

Missing a week here or doing something like that always ends you up in shit.

=sw=warlord
September 10th, 2009, 07:03 AM
great advice in this thread.

the more you get in debt the harder it is to pay off. there is no exceptions to this rule. Aim to be above the line.

Pay your rent power, car as soon as your money arives, then budget what you have left for what you like.

Missing a week here or doing something like that always ends you up in shit.Yes, it's the whole reason we're all in a recesssion now, because people borrowed more money than they could afford to pay back.

neuro
September 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM

this, always. you might think you have money, but if you've got any debts, you're out of luck, because the money in your pocket isn't yours.

(even though i'm about 3000 euro's in debt with my parents now)
(because a client is about 8000 euro's in debt to me)

Heathen
September 10th, 2009, 07:53 AM
pay your parents dude

flibitijibibo
September 10th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Eleventh'd. Pay the debt and get the GPU, screw Halo 3 :pcgaming:

Amit
September 10th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Chose the last one thinking you were sending me $60 US.

Rook
September 10th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Chose the last one thinking you were sending me $60 US.

looks like you gotta pay up

SnaFuBAR
September 10th, 2009, 01:40 PM
pay. off. debt.

you'll have a much easier life this way, trust me.

TeeKup
September 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM
The debt you fool.

cheezdue
September 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM
You should pay off your debts first.

OmegaDragon
September 10th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Pay off your debts. You must obey the poll!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/_ATG_/DoItFaggot.jpg

=sw=warlord
September 10th, 2009, 02:31 PM
pay off the debt and instead of getting another video card get odst instead.
Im sure you can live without triple screen display for a while.

Corndogman
September 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Sell one of the monitors and the bike, and buy the graphics card + ODST. Then, use the TV that you play Xbox on as your 3rd monitor.

You now have 3 monitors, graphics card, and ODST. :neckbeard:

Cortexian
September 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Alright, that's what I was planning on doing anyways, as long as the monitors aren't shit or something (they're open box/refurbs, so I'm going to test them when they arrive regardless).

Sell one of the monitors and the bike, and buy the graphics card + ODST. Then, use the TV that you play Xbox on as your 3rd monitor.

You now have 3 monitors, graphics card, and ODST. :neckbeard:

Here's the flaw in your plan, I use my existing Samsung SyncMaster 245B and my Logitech Z-5500's for my Xbox 360.

Cortexian
September 10th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Update! Thread is irrelevant!

My grandmother just called and said she's giving me quite a bit of money for my birthday later today, birthday isn't until the 17th but that's okay... The graphics card is covered now! :)