PDA

View Full Version : Remembering The Fallen

TeeKup
September 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
May they rest in peace, all 2993 of them.

Kornman00
September 11th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Don't forget the +4343 (http://icasualties.org/Iraq/index.aspx) (and counting) that followed thanks to our then Gov't abuse of situation. Well, not like the gov't has changed, only the mask that it wears.

Fuck it, might as well throw in another +824 (http://www.icasualties.org/OEF/index.aspx) too.

Limited
September 11th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Unbelievably tragic day, I will never forget it till the day I die.

RIP.

ODX
September 11th, 2009, 03:52 PM
One day, I hope to be in New York at 9:11 P.M., and give my tributes to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

n00b1n8R
September 11th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I have no idea what this thread is about.

annihilation
September 11th, 2009, 05:26 PM

9-11

I was really young when this happened. I didn't know what was going on but I was so happy to get out of school.
Now that I'm older I understand how tragic this was.

RIP all who died that day.

UnevenElefant5
September 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I just remember my mom was crying and she wouldn't let me watch the news. Then at school they played the national anthem while we all stood at the flagpole.

=sw=warlord
September 11th, 2009, 05:41 PM
i was home ill that day, i remember seeing the ticket at the bottom of the screen saying breaking news, flicked over to the news just as the planes were colliding into the towers.

Sel
September 11th, 2009, 05:43 PM
happy 9-11

Ganon
September 11th, 2009, 05:44 PM
this day makes the jfk assassination look like a trip to the circus.

cheezdue
September 11th, 2009, 05:46 PM
It so dumb how my school didn't even give a moment of silence for this day.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 11th, 2009, 05:46 PM
:mourn:

ultama121
September 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM
'tis a sad day...

RIP

ThePlague
September 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
:mourn:

PopeAK49
September 11th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I don't get it. Are you trying to make a joke about 2,000 plus people dying that day?

I do find it ridiculous that even our school didn't have a moment of silence.

:mech:

Jean-Luc
September 11th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I do find it ridiculous that even our school didn't have a moment of silence.
Truth be told, I'm not particularly surprised. It was certainly a tragic day, but you gotta remember it happened a full eight years ago. There comes a point where it no longer becomes a group responsibility to mourn, but an individual responsibility.

Call me anti-patriotic if you want, but that's just my view on it. I don't need a moment of silence to remember the people who died.

PopeAK49
September 11th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Na I understand what your saying. I mean hell we have memorial day to remember them by which falls on the same week as 9-11. Pretty cool how they are building a memorial site in the spot of one of the fallen buildings.

cheezdue
September 11th, 2009, 09:02 PM
History channel are showing some very shocking videos of the tower falling right now...

Daishi
September 11th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I'm no longer shocked when I see the towers fall. The discovery channel ran so many shows on the towers in '02 that I think I've probably seen every publicly available viewpoint out there.

Alwin Roth
September 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
My birthday party was on that day when it happened,
Parents called and said if we could post-pone it,
so no-one came...

Snowy
September 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
History channel are showing some very shocking videos of the tower falling right now...
Yeah, I watched that. It's chilling.

chrisk123999
September 11th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I was about 50 miles away or so from it when it happened.

Daishi
September 11th, 2009, 10:34 PM
I was 1700 miles away, and had no clue what those towers on the TV were. Until I came home...when my parents informed me of what happened, and after that I was glued to the daily news of what was happening.

Siliconmaster
September 11th, 2009, 10:43 PM
RIP everyone. I remember the day- 6th grade, an assembly was called, and all us 6th graders sat there geenrally confused that something like that could happen on a normal September day. I also remember my mom getting angry at the news for labeling it "9/11", like it were some sort of catch phrase. Now it's synonymous with the event, but at the time it seemed like shameless stylizing.

Heathen
September 11th, 2009, 11:12 PM

Same. I was just finding out after reading ahead.

flibitijibibo
September 11th, 2009, 11:35 PM
This feels kinda empty without Dane.

I was in the 5th grade when this happened. They took us to the center of the grade... section of the building (forget what they called it), and they told us what had happened, that we were going home early, and that we should remain calm (I mean, we were 10).

My mom was late to work on 9-11. Back then, she did a lot of field stuff in D.C., and guess where she was assigned to go that day? She remembers being on the road, seeing the smoke from far away, hearing the report on the radio, and turning right the fuck around. Had she been 5 minutes earlier, she wouldn't be here today.

God knows what I would have done if I had known she was going to the Pentagon for work. I was already pretty goddamn scared about my dad, who worked/works in D.C. for the government. Yeah, that's a job you want to have during a terrorist attack.

Siliconmaster
September 11th, 2009, 11:39 PM
This feels kinda empty without Dane.

I was in the 5th grade when this happened. They took us to the center of the grade... section of the building (forget what they called it), and they told us what had happened, that we were going home early, and that we should remain calm (I mean, we were 10).

My mom was late to work on 9-11. Back then, she did a lot of field stuff in D.C., and guess where she was assigned to go that day? She remembers being on the road, seeing the smoke from far away, hearing the report on the radio, and turning right the fuck around. Had she been 5 minutes earlier, she wouldn't be here today.

God knows what I would have done if I had known she was going to the Pentagon for work. I was already pretty goddamn scared about my dad, who worked/works in D.C. for the government. Yeah, that's a job you want to have during a terrorist attack.

Wow. That's scary. It's one thing to hear about it on the news and quite another to be that close to it.

TeeKup
September 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Even though the day has darkened, there are still sources of light.
We must never forget the ones who've passed, but allow the pain to disappear, and for the ones that have been lost, to know that they have been found.

Thank you, all of you, for your respect.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 12th, 2009, 08:50 PM
That, was poetry.

Heathen
September 12th, 2009, 08:56 PM
It so dumb how my school didn't even give a moment of silence for this day.

Neither did mine.
My god, how can they not do that...its only been 8 years ago, surely they haven't moved on yet have they???

PlasbianX
September 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM
That, was poetic.

ftfy

Donut
September 13th, 2009, 09:15 PM
my school still celebrates V-J day
rhode island. fuck yeah.

Cortexian
September 14th, 2009, 04:56 AM
I remember waking up, getting ready do go to school, then my dad called me over to the TV and pointed out what was happening. I shrugged and said "only in America" and left for school.

I'm so desensitized.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 14th, 2009, 05:05 AM
When I was young, I saw this.
I never ever wanted to go on a plane again.

Bodzilla
September 14th, 2009, 07:49 AM
my 2 cents on this is that although it was a very very tragic pointless event that happened we need to get over it.
not to forget it, but to just accept that it happened and move on, living in the past and this constant mourning holds us back, look to the future and make it bright instead of dwelling on events that we cant change.

=sw=warlord
September 14th, 2009, 08:17 AM
my 2 cents on this is that although it was a very very tragic pointless event that happened we need to get over it.
not to forget it, but to just accept that it happened and move on, living in the past and this constant mourning holds us back, look to the future and make it bright instead of dwelling on events that we cant change.
This.
Completely.:v:
Also i notice how NO ONE remembers the other important event of that day, the plane crashing into the pentagon.

tHaPuPpEtMaStEr
September 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM
i thought this was in 2 months?

TeeKup
September 24th, 2009, 09:35 PM
i thought this was in 2 months?

Are you retarded?