PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous - UK Penal System A Joke

Limited
September 11th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Source (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Family-Of-Man-With-Half-A-Head-Angry-With-Essex-Police-And-Crown-Prosecution-Service/Article/200909215380098?lpos=UK_News_Top_Stories_Header_3&lid=ARTICLE_15380098_Family_Of_Man_With_Half_A_Hea d_Angry_With_Essex_Police_And_Crown_Prosecution_Se rvice)

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Sep/Week2/15380085.jpg
Two thugs who punched a young man so hard surgeons had to remove half of his skull have escaped charges.

Steve Gator with his mother Nina, furious his attackers will escape charges

Steve Gator, 26, has been told the teenagers who ambushed him will not face court after the Crown Prosecution Service dropped the case.
The CPS (http://indepth.news.sky.com/InDepth/topic/Crown_Prosecution_Service) said it did not have enough evidence to proceed but Steve's mother, Nina, expressed her disbelief at the decision.

"Our boy is walking around with half a head - what more evidence do they need?" said Mrs Gator, 47. "I can't believe it."What the hell? They punched him so hard they had to remove half his skull, in an unprovoked attack, get away scott-free. This is unbelievable. How on earth can they let these monsters run wild?

Even when jail sentences are given out, the time is fucking ridiculous.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/8251548.stm

Hairdryer torture gang are jailed.
A gang of drug dealers who tortured a man with a hairdryer in a "savage and inhumane" attack in Leicester have been jailed.

Arjun Thacker, 21, was tied up and burnt with the hairdryer, cigarettes and an iron in a five-hour ordeal

Paul Bradley, of Johnson Road, Birstall, Leicestershire, admitted the same charges. He was handed a sentence for public protection and must serve at least three years and four months before he is released.

Luke Hill, of Wavertree Road, Leicester, pleaded guilty to actual bodily harm. He was jailed for 24 months.

Anthony Diglin, of Malabar Road, Leicester, also admitted actual bodily harm and was jailed for 18 months.

Stefan Dowling, 21, of Braunstone Avenue, Leicester, pleaded guilty to the same charge and was given a 30-week jail sentence, suspended for two years.

The court heard Mr Thacker was so badly injured it was impossible for paramedics to determine his race.
Simply put, they tortured this man. They thought he knew info on their stolen stash, tied him up and tortured him with a hair dryer, iron and fags for 5 hours, he thought he was going to die, and the maximum sentence was 3 years?

These are 2 chilling stories of what goes on in England, and the useless system does nothing about it.

We need the death penalty.

annihilation
September 11th, 2009, 05:30 PM
:ohdear:
I never realized how shitty their legal system was.
Poor guy, that must have hurt.

Chainsy
September 11th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I wonder how much brain damage that duder has with that much of his brain gone.

cheezdue
September 11th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Looking at that guys skuuls is spine chilling :gonk:

But seriously, they escaped charges?! Thats not even cool.

mech
September 11th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Those guys were knuckle heads.

flibitijibibo
September 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
[ ] Signed confession
[ ] Tape of crime
[ ] Above video in DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, and Laserdisc format, usually including menus and director commentary
[ ] What both the victim and perpetrator had for breakfast the day of the crime
[ ] £500
Missing half of skull... nope, don't see it on there. :downs:

Seriously, courts are too easy on the wrong stuff. People get more time for carrying weed, WEED, than doing shit like this.

http://www.ninjapirate.com/content.php?f=drunkdude.html

Cojafoji
September 11th, 2009, 05:56 PM
uk & us are circling the drain.

PopeAK49
September 11th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Jesus. I didn't even know you can survive with half your skull missing. How sad.

Shock120
September 11th, 2009, 06:51 PM
UK is full of shit, and I know it.

We need the death penalty.:mysterysolved:

Alwin Roth
September 11th, 2009, 10:02 PM
How the world runs can really disappoint me sometimes.

This makes me thankful I have a full brain.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM
wtf is this shit

Kornman00
September 12th, 2009, 01:52 AM
You know, in these cases, there should be a jail sentence, plus the same treatment done to the criminals as they did to victims.

AAA
September 12th, 2009, 02:41 AM
You know, in these cases, there should be a jail sentence, plus the same treatment done to the criminals as they did to victims.

I can't entirely agree, but you're pretty much on the ball with that one.

Fuckin' A', Cotton. I can't believe these people... It's depressing and very provocative to read shit like this.

This is the year where justice and common sense in the UK starts falling apart. :suicide:

(No offense to members.)

paladin
September 12th, 2009, 02:46 AM
http://netlinkenterprises.com/prodimages/M1186G.jpg

The only true justice.

Colt .45 Peacemaker

=sw=warlord
September 12th, 2009, 07:16 AM
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_nov2003/AngerManagementBullets.jpg

The only true justice.

Ftfy.

The people who did this need to be sent to the nigerians and then tell the nigerians that their flesh has some kind of magic in it.
[definently not a district 9 refference]

Dwood
September 12th, 2009, 07:45 AM
http://netlinkenterprises.com/prodimages/M1186G.jpg

The only true justice.

Colt .45 Peacemaker

Too bad its more trouble than its worth to get a gun in the uk.

=sw=warlord
September 12th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Too bad its more trouble than its worth to get a gun in the uk.
goto london or birmingham and youl find one easy enough if you know where to go.

Mass
September 12th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I realize why you're angry, and I totally agree that these are some pretty gruesome crimes that people ought to be locked up on simply so that these crazy people won't be out among us.

However, I think that it would be very easy to argue that most penal systems are a joke considering that they usually prefer simple punishment to rehabilitation and usually group criminals together, which leads to new gangs and worsened behavior post-imprisonment.

Also, on terms of efficiency and mercy, prisoners with life-sentences ought to be able to opt for the death penalty in my opinion.

Heathen
September 12th, 2009, 01:28 PM
"Sign this paper if you want to die. You don't have to do it right now, just whenever your ready."
They would probably sign it before they went mad, before they get stabbed, or before they get raped to get out of the situation.

TVTyrant
September 12th, 2009, 01:47 PM
HOLY SHIT! THAT IS ONE HELLUVA PUNCH!

That aside, yeah, thats why I live in America. "You're suspected of raping a little girl. We cant actually prove you did it, but just to be on the safe side..."

=sw=warlord
September 12th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I just hope these guys get the same treatment as gypsyies do when they arrive to unwelcoming areas.

Limited
September 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
As we all probably know, UK has the most CCTV cameras in the world. Surely they catch alot of things on tape.

These are just 2 cases by the way, this happens alot.

TVTyrant
September 12th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, in the US those guys would be in prison. As long as they were just thugs, not rich guys. Damn US justice not condemning rich people.

n00b1n8R
September 12th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Also, on terms of efficiency and mercy, prisoners with life-sentences ought to be able to opt for the death penalty in my opinion.
I've always considered life to be a worse sentence than death tbh. Giving them an easy way out is defeating the purpose of the sentence, to make them suffer (obviously if they've got life there's no intention to rehabilitate).

Mass
September 12th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I've always considered life to be a worse sentence than death tbh. Giving them an easy way out is defeating the purpose of the sentence, to make them suffer (obviously if they've got life there's no intention to rehabilitate).
That's arbitrary and pointless and costs thousands, maybe millions of dollars and makes their only hope escape/enjoying themselves.

Prison shouldn't be about making people suffer, it should be about helping other people function in society and keeping them away from others in the short-term. Traditional punishment is simply not a particularly effective deterrent. The ultimate goal should be to keep as many people as possible in society as happy and as safe as possible, including former criminals.

Making people suffer only for the sake of retribution is barbaric and unreasonable.

n00b1n8R
September 12th, 2009, 06:48 PM
The punishment isn't for retribution, it's to discourage others from committing crimes by making an example.

Obviously it doesn't work though so I see your point. ;)

Bodzilla
September 12th, 2009, 07:48 PM
theres not much point to retribution n00b if nothing good can come of it afterwards.

doesnt mean i agree with capital punishment