PDA

View Full Version : Note to new members of all ages.

Elite Killa
April 12th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Lately, I have been seeing many of the new members signing up on the forums here being bombed with -rep and being shunned by other members. I wish to try and make this situation disappear, for the sake of the new recruits. I'd listen to these helpful tips that will help you have a good start here:

1. Follow the rules.
That's right. I know not many people like to follow directions since most people like to follow their own rules, but it's very important to listen to the administrators. One false move and there could be major consequences.

2. Respect other members.
This, besides rule number one, should be the one you should listen to the closest. Members don't like it when they get treated horribly and being cussed at by someone when they didn't even do anything wrong. It may also makes you a hated person and no one would want to talk to you. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

3. Don't post n00bish ideas.
No one here likes an idea like (Oh! Lets add some more nukes and rockets to this map since it's so fun!) or (How about Longswords on a modded Blood Gulch! That would be fun, right?!) Simply, post ideas that would make the map more fun for everyone. Not just yourself.

Following these steps will give you a better start in life on these forums or at any other forum. I hope this guide helped you and have a nice day!;)

Teroh
April 12th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I believe we already have a "Rules" thread for that. :)

Stealth
April 12th, 2007, 10:19 PM
he's just pointing out that some of the members here are getting their but put on the gril just because they're new, or they've done some bad things.
Oh, and here is one more thing, if most of your posts are in CMT's part of the forums, I would start posting more in other parts of the forums.

Pooky
April 12th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Also, the second two things aren't in the rules. The first one is pretty self explanatory though

Stealth
April 12th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Also, the second two things aren't in the rules. The first one is pretty self explanatory though
ya, the First one is, but not very many people follow it.

Elite Killa
April 13th, 2007, 02:44 PM
But you still should listen to them, though. They could be helpful at times...

Techno Dude
April 14th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Lately, I have been seeing many of the new members signing up on the forums here being bombed with -rep and being shunned by other members. I wish to try and make this situation disappear, for the sake of the new recruits. I'd listen to these helpful tips that will help you have a good start here:

1. Follow the rules.
That's right. I know not many people like to follow directions since most people like to follow their own rules, but it's very important to listen to the administrators. One false move and there could be major consequences.

2. Respect other members.
This, besides rule number one, should be the one you should listen to the closest. Members don't like it when they get treated horribly and being cussed at by someone when they didn't even do anything wrong. It may also makes you a hated person and no one would want to talk to you. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

3. Don't post n00bish ideas.
No one here likes an idea like (Oh! Lets add some more nukes and rockets to this map since it's so fun!) or (How about Longswords on a modded Blood Gulch! That would be fun, right?!) Simply, post ideas that would make the map more fun for everyone. Not just yourself.

Following these steps will give you a better start in life on these forums or at any other forum. I hope this guide helped you and have a nice day!;)

Why would anyone have a " longsword " on a modded gultch

Hotrod
April 14th, 2007, 08:05 PM
He was just giving an example, he didn't actually say that somebody wanted to have a ongsword in Blood Gulch, (although it would be fun:D). J\k

Stealth
April 14th, 2007, 08:57 PM
It's too big!

legionaire45
April 14th, 2007, 09:02 PM
It's too big!
thats besides the point xD.
heh, nuking would be suicidal on Blood Gulch

Elite Killa
April 14th, 2007, 09:12 PM
You tell me...

Xegrot
April 14th, 2007, 09:33 PM
thats besides the point xD.
heh, nuking would be suicidal on Blood Gulch

"Poor 'XxNoobzX' walked out of his base after hearing a large boom to find himself englufed in atomic flames..."

Enough said.

EDIT: Also, off topic: legion, your cat is wierd. :confused2:

legionaire45
April 15th, 2007, 02:49 AM
so guyz i herd this H2V ting wil be relly awsum. Hear I made u al a prety pic 2 show u ^_^ 0_0 =D xD lolmaorofl
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/4/10403492686.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5227699)

Neuro Guro
April 15th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Those MasterCheifs look like something that fell out of someone's ass.

n00b1n8R
April 15th, 2007, 04:55 AM
what does it take to get a thread stickied?

Timo
April 15th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Well it's basically already stated in the Rules announcement, and in Conscars' sticky in Halo CE discussion, so it doesn't need a sticky.

Hurrvish
April 15th, 2007, 09:02 PM
dont forget to add:
dont ask for rep. its given to you for great posts

n00b1n8R
April 15th, 2007, 09:41 PM
not allways, me and some people sometimes just throw rep at each other from time to time.

Stealth
April 15th, 2007, 09:48 PM
here is something, don't judge some one's IQ by how well they spell, I'm embarass to even be a member of the same race as some of the members here because of it.

rossmum
April 15th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Correct spelling and grammar helps. If we can't understand what someone's trying to say, we don't pay attention, and IQ isn't an accurate indicator of intelligence anyway.

Besides, most people who can't spell are only like that because they didn't pay attention in early schooling or something. There are no excuses for it, if you don't know how to spell something then look it up and remember it.

Stealth
April 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Correct spelling and grammar helps. If we can't understand what someone's trying to say, we don't pay attention, and IQ isn't an accurate indicator of intelligence anyway.

Besides, most people who can't spell are only like that because they didn't pay attention in early schooling or something. There are no excuses for it, if you don't know how to spell something then look it up and remember it.
I've been doing a lot better then what I use to, now that I read more and more books.
Oh, and

...and IQ isn't an accurate indicator of intelligence anyway.
Tell that to Mr. Tick

yomatobert
April 16th, 2007, 12:17 AM
this thread helped me, good advices.

scribbsi
April 16th, 2007, 03:06 PM
lol this will hopefully help out the n00bs