PDA

View Full Version : So i just read this book...

Alwin Roth
September 14th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I read a book, a super short book, for my English 10 class,

Called "Of Mice and Men"

I read ahead, and just finished the ending, and for some reason, I managed to read the ending perfectly well, with just one chill running down my spine,

Then suddenly, I finished reading the last sentence, I set down the book,

then cried, Not the loud kind, the kind where you just sit there with a tear going down you're cheek thinking of terrible thoughts...

here's my question,

Is this Normal?

I'm asking this website since mainly, to tell you the truth, I don't know you guys in real life, unlike school,

if i said it, the first
idiotic teenager he or she would say,

"holy shit, you gay nerd."

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 14th, 2009, 07:21 PM
If it has some deep meaning to you, yes it is incredibly normal

mech
September 14th, 2009, 07:21 PM
No, It's not normal. For me at least, some people are more intouch with their feelings and would allow text to emotionally sway them, or get enraged about someone calling them a faggot on the internet.

That being said, I can't remember the last time I cried.

MetKiller Joe
September 14th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Its normal.

I read "A Child called 'It' ", once. I cried throughout.

teh lag
September 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
That book has a pretty sad ending, I'll admit... I don't think I've cried from a book but some people are more affected by things than others.

I think we had a thread about this a while back - yeah, it's normal for stuff to make you cry.

Rob Oplawar
September 14th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Of Mice and Men didn't really move me, but every time I see Children of Men I bawl my eyes out. Seems more or less normal to me.

Cojafoji
September 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM
did you really make this topic? it's really hard for me to believe that you'd ask if it's normal to have a strong emotional response.

of course it's normal. it's what makes us human.

edit: just want to clarify: it's manly to cry, but you've gotta be able to murder a bear with your bare hands.

Alwin Roth
September 14th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Ok, thanks guys.