PDA

View Full Version : [ODST] Halo 3: ODST ViDoc - "Terra Incognita" HD

t3h m00kz
September 15th, 2009, 04:16 AM
fRFfYoLm-QA

Only 7 days away.

Ganon
September 15th, 2009, 04:28 AM
cool beans, props to the guy who realized dual wielding is horrid.

t3h m00kz
September 15th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Dual wielding only works if it's with two extremely overpowered as fuck shotguns.

;D

=sw=warlord
September 15th, 2009, 04:37 AM
so looking forward to the scene with the engineer...

Daishi
September 15th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Warlord that scene looked creepy as hell.

t3h m00kz
September 15th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Fear was creepy as hell. Doom 3 was creepy as hell. Dead Space was creepy as shit.

Big puffy pink alien that looks like a turtle? Naaah.

Advancebo
September 15th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Fear was creepy as hell. Doom 3 was creepy as hell. Dead Space was creepy as shit.

Big puffy pink alien that looks like a turtle? Naaah.

Actually it looks different, remember?

Needles
September 15th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Anyone know if the halo 3 maps and multiplayer coming with ODST will have that high FOV too?

=sw=warlord
September 15th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Anyone know if the halo 3 maps and multiplayer coming with ODST will have that high FOV too?
odst will have it but the halo mythic is just halo 3 with campaign cut out with mythic map pack 2 added.

Advancebo
September 15th, 2009, 07:16 AM

No, because the multiplayer disc is Halo 3, without Campaign.

=sw=warlord
September 15th, 2009, 07:39 AM
I spy with my little eye a new addition to the game.
I really do not remember seeing jet fighters in halo.
list of flying vehicles in halo:
hornet
sparrow hawk
albatross
pelican
longsword
shortsword
Jet fighter. [new?]

Kornman00
September 15th, 2009, 08:04 AM
The jet fighter may have been soley used for atmospheric demonstrations, thus you wouldn't see it during events such as Halo 1. That and/or they're historical air force planes which were called back into service due to the urgency for protecting earth.

It's not like they're forced to stick to what they first defined the Halo universe as back in 2001. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal to tweek the universe unless it actually conflicts with historic events (like, say if they brought back Cpt Keys hurrrrrrr).

=sw=warlord
September 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
The jet fighter may have been soley used for atmospheric demonstrations, thus you wouldn't see it during events such as Halo 1. That and/or they're historical air force planes which were called back into service due to the urgency for protecting earth.

It's not like they're forced to stick to what they first defined the Halo universe as back in 2001. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal to tweek the universe unless it actually conflicts with historic events (like, say if they brought back Cpt Keys hurrrrrrr).
i just figured 500 years in the future the UNSC would have stopped using conventional planes that are of at the moment current design and humans would have started using UAV's for arial bombardments.

Advancebo
September 15th, 2009, 08:40 AM
It looks cool either way.

FRain
September 15th, 2009, 08:50 AM
i just figured 500 years in the future the UNSC would have stopped using conventional planes that are of at the moment current design and humans would have started using UAV's for arial bombardments.

wat? the UNSC aren't bombing one of their own cities :|

=sw=warlord
September 15th, 2009, 09:02 AM
wat? the UNSC aren't bombing one of their own cities :|
No their fighting murderous aliens who want nothing but the extermination of humanity and have now invaded humanities homeworld.
Of course their not going to pull out all the stops to kill the covenant.:downs:

FRain
September 15th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Also, who said they're manned (i actually dont know if they are or not)

Kornman00
September 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM

That and/or they're historical air force planes which were called back into service due to the urgency for protecting earth.

It would make sense if only Earth had them if they were historical...no sense in transporting old deprecated planes to new worlds when you can fire up a BRAND NEW LONG SWORD LSX! Goes from 0 to OMFGBBQSAUCED-IN-MY-PANTS in 3 seconds, get yours today!

Also introducing the Short Sword: for the other type of green horns environmentalists

Seeing as how Earth was humanity's last real outpost...you too would fire up anything that could Finish The Fight :downs:. Say, didn't we think we'd be living like the Jettsons 50 years ago? Yeah, can't always foresee the future now can we...

=sw=warlord
September 15th, 2009, 12:21 PM
It would make sense if only Earth had them if they were historical...no sense in transporting old deprecated planes to new worlds when you can fire up a BRAND NEW LONG SWORD LSX! Goes from 0 to OMFGBBQSAUCED-IN-MY-PANTS in 3 seconds, get yours today!

Also introducing the Short Sword: for the other type of green horns environmentalists

Seeing as how Earth was humanity's last real outpost...you too would fire up anything that could Finish The Fight :downs:. Say, didn't we think we'd be living like the Jettsons 50 years ago? Yeah, can't always foresee the future now can we...
Yeah but planes these days use ofssil fuels and seeing as how the trend we're going at now where would the unsc get the fuel for the planes from above that i think it would be hard enough to even find a plane that still works after 500 years. [wear&tear&age n all that]
You should know this better than anyone kornman.:v:

Advancebo
September 15th, 2009, 12:37 PM
F99 Wombat

thehoodedsmack
September 15th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah but planes these days use ofssil fuels and seeing as how the trend we're going at now where would the unsc get the fuel for the planes from above that i think it would be hard enough to even find a plane that still works after 500 years. [wear&tear&age n all that]

I kinda figured all the human stuff, save for the spaceships, were powered by fuels. In the Halo universe, humanity has gotten good at terraforming and colonizing. Fuel sources might not be a big issue.

Also, I choose to believe, until corrected by official sources, that the planes would be manned. Because that's a lot cooler. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go imagine Top Gun with a Halo twist...

F99 Wombat

Okay, nevermind, I've been corrected. Unmanned. Damn.

Kornman00
September 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM
hard enough to even find a plane that still works after 500 years. [wear&tear&age n all that]
And thats where you were assuming I was claiming these jets to be 500 years old; I was not. Like I said, we thought we were going to be driving flying cars and having robots act as our nannies 50 years ago...yet we're still driving cars and employing baby sitters and house cleaners. Ergo, you can't assume that we'll move on to a new fuel source just like that *snaps* nor super huge-ass jets. Just look at the electric car and modern day jets :downs:. Moral of this story? Stop assuming.

And yes, they are just fighter drones.

=sw=warlord
September 15th, 2009, 01:24 PM
you can't assume that we'll move on to a new fuel source just like that *snaps* nor super huge-ass jets. Just look at the electric car and modern day jets :downs:. Moral of this story? Stop assuming.

You can when cannon has it that your able to jump between galaxies through slipspace jumps, that energy has to come from somewhere and im pretty sure wind farms arnt much use in space where theres supposedly no air.:downs:

FreedomFighter7
September 15th, 2009, 02:01 PM
The thing about UAVs is that they're vulnerable to jamming. Jam the spectrum, and that UAV will become useless and fall right out of the sky. The thing about the future is that technology is expected to advance. I think bungie added the atmospheric fighters to bring something new to the game, just like adding new weapons and enemies brought new stuff to the game over the various games.

The game looks sooooooooooo awesome!! I will probably buy this, I probably would not if I never saw that video!!

I'm really anxious to see what Bungie's next project will be after Halo.

Kornman00
September 15th, 2009, 02:09 PM
You also don't use a car engine to power a jet liner. Different modes of transportation require different engine specs and energy sources. You see the size of the engines on the UNSC cruisers? They're fucking huge. Remember how they used the PoA to blow up Alpha Halo? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that same energy source doesn't come cheap to create nor contain.
IIRC, Long Swords aren't accuiped with Fujitski (or how ever the slipspace engine's name is spelled) engines. They only have the typical thrust engines like the shuttles use today. So I'm sure their (UNSC) inter-atmospheric vehicles still use the same jet propulsion system from today. Hell, just listen to them fly over your head, sounds just like a F15 to me :downs:

ICEE
September 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Really dissapointed that they never re-animated the weapons to look more human.

Kornman00
September 15th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I'm completely satisfied with ODST seeing as how they only had 14 months to work on it. Remember that.

Heathen
September 15th, 2009, 03:22 PM
fRFfYoLm-QA

Only 7 days away.

Awesome.

Loved the engineer too.

Jet?

Limited
September 15th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Nice video, more of a "Behind the Scenes" look which is always cool .Engineer looks badass.

Also whats the deal with them all chillin in and abandoned warehouse? Dramatic effect?

CtrlAltDestroy
September 15th, 2009, 06:27 PM
The "planes" in dutch's flashback are drone fighters (unmanned).

Really dissapointed that they never re-animated the weapons to look more human.

They redid all the grenade animations, at least.

e: oh, and they also added a new gravity hammer melee animation that wasnt in halo 3, lol

Mass
September 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
All I can tell about those planes is that they are shaped like fighters, which doesn't say anything really because if you want anything to go fast inside of atmosphere, that's a good bet.

StankBacon
September 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
fuck why did my 360 have to rrod, i need to play this.

Cortexian
September 16th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Sweet! "Bam, said the ladey" made it into ODST, that's awesome. Wasn't Nathan talking about that in the podcast?

AAA
September 16th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Amazing, but I'm not laying my hands on it until it comes to PC.

FireDragon04
September 16th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Loved this ViDoc, really nice to see the behinds the scene look at the making of ODST and also some epic teases :iamafag:

Also, have we seen the new BUNGIE.NET (http://www.bungie.net) design? It's just gone live and damn the stats....everything LOOKS AWESOME!

Siliconmaster
September 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, Bungie.net looks really nice now. I love the little circle graphs showing the games we've played.

paladin
September 18th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Lol, way to film in your new building Bungie....

NullZero
September 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Even though I think all the hype is a POS + retail price of full game for an expansion, I pre-ordered game.

fm

Kornman00
September 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Lol, way to film in your new building Bungie....
They were supposedly aquiring that one Bellevue movie theater...and I see a spiral stair case behind Paul, ring any bells?

Amit
September 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Amazing, but I'm not laying my hands on it until it comes to PC.

You'd be stupid to wait that long to experience this.

paladin
September 19th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I know for a fact that's the new building. Lets put it that way :)

sevlag
September 19th, 2009, 05:55 AM
its 4 days away :D

while talking to a few peers they were disappointed to hear the BR was cut from SP campaign so i excplained that the socom pistol the ODST will use is basically the Halo 1 pistol with Halo 2 magnum RoF

CtrlAltDestroy
September 19th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Whats ironic about the automag is that it actually deals the least damage out of any other halo magnum:

Halo 1: 25 damage points/bullet
Halo 2: 8 damage points/bullet
Halo 3: 15 damage points/bullet
ODST: 6 damage points/bullet

So, its really only good for headshots.

paladin
September 19th, 2009, 05:17 PM
The recoil on it is also horrendous. Think Halo 2 smg

Advancebo
September 19th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Whats ironic about the automag is that it actually deals the least damage out of any other halo magnum:

Halo 1: 25 damage points/bullet
Halo 2: 8 damage points/bullet
Halo 3: 15 damage points/bullet
ODST: 6 damage points/bullet

So, its really only good for headshots.

Well, does Halo 3 have the same unit system as Halo 1's?

CtrlAltDestroy
September 19th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Yes.

Advancebo
September 19th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Yes.

Oh ok,

Also, I kinda noticed how it would take 2 headshots to a grunt to kill it with the socom. So I guess that explains it.

FRain
September 19th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I thought it was pretty clear that the automag insta-kill-headshots grunts. Again, quit spewing shit you dont know about.

Advancebo
September 19th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I thought it was pretty clear that the automag insta-kill-headshots grunts. Again, quit spewing shit you dont know about.

I played H3 ODST, and it took me 2 headshots to kill a grunt.

sdavis117
September 20th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I played H3 ODST, and it took me 2 headshots to kill a grunt.

You missed with the first one then. Headshot damage for the automag is 9999999 points/bullet.

Kornman00
September 20th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Yeah, when I played the game on Heroic I was able to bip-bap-bam-said-the-lady the grunts in one shot with the trusty automag.

Having someone with the plasma pistol and auto mag on your team in fire fight will greatly benefit you as they can take out not only brutes rather easily but grunts too (jackels too, expect when they're carrying shields).
Having someone else use the SMG + carbine will also help the team in those bugger situations (ugh! I hate those bugger waves).

Pretty much, if you can get a team who can specialize with certain weapon sets you can almost go forever in Firefight, even in heroic. Of course, if they can't hang with black-eye on, they might as well not be part of your team lol.

paladin
September 20th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I used Rockets smg, if not rockets, needler or plasma pistol. Plasma pistol strips brute armor in one hit, then a quick burst with smg finishes him. Otherwise youll use 3 mags of your smg just to get its shields down. Like Bungie has said, they game is a lot more strategic now.

Advancebo
September 20th, 2009, 08:27 PM
It took me 1 mag and a melee to kill a low ranking brute.

paladin
September 20th, 2009, 08:42 PM
what difficulty

Advancebo
September 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM
heroic

paladin
September 21st, 2009, 10:39 PM
exactly

Heathen
September 21st, 2009, 10:41 PM
lovin these one word posts.