PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Game Show 2009

Saggy
September 15th, 2009, 03:07 PM
So, it's that time a year again. It's time for TGS (Japan's version of E3).

For anyone who doesn't know, it starts next Thursday (Sept. 24th) and will run until Sunday (the 27th).

As of recently, Microsoft has "released" (read: rumoured to have released) their TGS line-up, and it goes as follows:

Playable 360 Titles:
Bayonetta
Samurai Spirits Sen
FIFA10 World Class Soccer
Mushihime-sama Futari Ver1.5
Dynasty Warriors Strike Force Special
Ninety Nine Nights 2
World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010
Lost Planet 2
Front Mission Evolved
NieR Gestalt
End of Eternity
Tekken 6
Steins; Gate
Forza 3
Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Infernal: Hell's Vengeance
Halo 3 ODST
Assassin's Creed 2

In video-only form:
Crackdown 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Alan Wake
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Fable 3
Halo Legends
Halo Reach
Borderlands*Bolded stuff is what I'm looking forward too.

So, basically just post any games your looking forward to get some info on at this years TGS. Remember, last year Microsoft announced Halo 3: ODST (Halo 3: Recon then) at TGS so who knows what games they've got to announce this year. I'm hoping Capcom will come forward with some Dead Rising 2 footage or something. Last time we heard about that game was in May, IIRC.

So, again, post some games you would like to hear about at this years TGS.

Ganon
September 15th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Duke Nukem Forever

sdavis117
September 15th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Halo Reach? So soon? It will be 2 days after ODST is released.

Limited
September 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
lol FIFA10 World Class Soccer and World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 aka FIFA 10 and PES 2010 :D

Halo Reach? So soon? It will be 2 days after ODST is released.
Once they are fully finished (out the door) they will immediately concentrate on Reach. Apart from the group who is working on their new IP.

sdavis117
September 15th, 2009, 05:38 PM
They are already focused completely on Reach. I'm just saying that they should wait before turning the public focus away from ODST.

=sw=warlord
September 16th, 2009, 05:24 AM
They are already focused completely on Reach. I'm just saying that they should wait before turning the public focus away from ODST.
Left4dead much?

Cortexian
September 16th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Why do so many people have trouble realizing that game studios make money by producing games? Halo ODST is finished, it was probably RTM quite awhile ago (I'm sure there's a date floating around) and I'm sure that as soon as they finished it they shifted attention to Reach.

k4is3rxkh40s
September 16th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Left4dead much?

I don't think they're gonna release it just a year after ODST is released.

Bhamid
September 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Is there info from any other publishers?

sdavis117
September 17th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I don't think they're gonna release it just a year after ODST is released.

Actually that's what they have said they are going to do. They are predicting a late 2010 release.

Hotrod
September 17th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Why do so many people have trouble realizing that game studios make money by producing games? Halo ODST is finished, it was probably RTM quite awhile ago (I'm sure there's a date floating around) and I'm sure that as soon as they finished it they shifted attention to Reach.
ODST was finished way back in May actually. The reason it was released now (well, in 5 days) was due to the fact that Microsoft wanted to create a bunch of hype and advertising for it.

Delta4907
September 17th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Crackdown 2 and Halo: Reach are what I'm mostly focused on.

Also, keep in mind Reach was in development simultaneously with ODST, with a larger team working on Reach.

=sw=warlord
September 18th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Crackdown 2 and Halo: Reach are what I'm mostly focused on.

Also, keep in mind Reach was in development simultaneously with ODST, with a larger team working on Reach.
Yeah but i would think the game wont be in much of a playable state at the moment as my guess would be their re-engineering the halo 3 engine to make it even more powerfull for reach much like they did with the halo 2 engine for halo 3.
Plus if you remember for halo 3 the vidocs they did show before the beta were very rough in terms of ingame content i wouldnt expect any real gameplay video untill next year sometime.
The video they show at TGs will probably be a extended version of the E3 video like they did with ODST.

Saggy
September 23rd, 2009, 09:12 PM
Well, TGS has officially started and Sony's press conference is under way as of right now. Be sure to check all your favorite gaming news sites for details as they are announced.

Also, if anyone knows, is Microsoft going to be holding a conference? If so, when?

Ganon
September 23rd, 2009, 09:36 PM
maybe they will announce h3pc :haw:

FRain
September 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM

Halo 3: ODST was RTM in May. They've been done for a really, long time.

Reach was developed alongside of ODST, with a much, larger team than ODST. ODST maybe had 1/8th of the size of the team H3 had, and I'm sure the rest of Bungie was working on Reach at the time.

AAA
September 24th, 2009, 05:10 PM
is Microsoft going to be holding a conference? If so, when?

...Does anyone know this? I'm curious myself.