PDA

View Full Version : Ipod/Itunes Question

SMASH
September 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM
If I format my computer with all my music on it, can I resync all the music I have back to my computer via my Ipod Touch 2g or do i need to backup all my music right now? I got a million other things to back up, not backing up 16 gigs of music would be awesome lol.

cheezdue
September 15th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately, IPod touch can't resync music back into your computer like the other models. But what you can do is use IPhone Browser (http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list), and get the music using that program.

Cojafoji
September 15th, 2009, 10:43 PM
you can take the music off of the ipod touch via ssh with a program like WinSCP, but then you'd have to make sure that the id3 tags were right, and then use a program like ID3 renamer to batch rewrite the file names. not to mention, but it'd have to be jailbroken to enable ssh.

overall, it's a pain in the ass, but doable, and slow.

i'd back up the music if i were you.

but if you'd really like, I could walk you through the entire process. from upgrading -> jailbreaking -> connecting via ssh.
forget what i said.

legionaire45
September 16th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Buy some DVDs and burn them to that.

It's always good to have redundant backups anyway in case something catastrophic happens.

Wakeboy1337
September 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM
iPhone browser crashes whenever my ipod touch (2nd gen) is plugged in

Heathen
September 16th, 2009, 03:57 PM
iPhone browser crashes whenever my ipod touch (2nd gen) is plugged in

mine did that for a while.

I deleted some shit from cydia, and viola.

SMASH
September 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM
So I backed all my music up to my sister's Portable HDD I'm borrowing untill I get my new HDD in and installed and up and running on Windows 7 (THANK GOD FOR FREE WINDOWS 7 PRO THROUGH MY SCHOOL!)