PDA

View Full Version : Johns Hopkins Student KILLS intruder with Samurai Sword!

Random
September 15th, 2009, 08:46 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-sword0915,0,4027961.story

Well this is strange, this is right down the street from me. And I have friends that live next to the house that this happened in. :ohdear:

fucking Baltimore

AAA
September 15th, 2009, 08:47 PM
...Interesting. Has anyone lived to get pictures of the sword?

ultama121
September 15th, 2009, 08:54 PM
That must be a bad way to go. :gonk:

Random
September 15th, 2009, 08:55 PM
...Interesting. Has anyone lived to get pictures of the sword?

The police have the sword now

That must be a bad way to go. :gonk:

True but the guy was a fucking career criminal

cheezdue
September 15th, 2009, 09:07 PM
If this case involved Samurai Jack, he would have just incapacitated the bugler.

ultama121
September 15th, 2009, 09:16 PM
True but the guy was a fucking career criminal
Wasn't sympathizing, just sayin bre. ;)

DrunkenSamus
September 15th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Fucking A =D

thehoodedsmack
September 15th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Nasty. Getting stabbed or sliced or whatever has got to be a painful way to go. Why do people keep sharpened swords, anyways? I can understand for display purposes, but even then, it'd be fine blunted.

Sel
September 15th, 2009, 09:44 PM
If this case involved Samurai Jack, he would have just incapacitated the bugler.

yeah, fuck buglers I hate buglers they play such shit music

n00b1n8R
September 15th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Fucking weaboos

Somebody post that video of the guy going on about ornimental swords, I'm at school right now so I can't.

Arteen
September 15th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Police have also not formally released the name of the suspected burglar, but a department source identified the man as Donald D. Rice, 49, of the 600 block of E. 27th St. in Baltimore. Guglielmi said the suspect had 29 prior convictions for crimes such as breaking and entering, and had been released Saturday from the Baltimore County Detention Center after he was arrested by county police in August 2008 for stealing a car in Baltimore. Rice was found guilty in December on one count of unauthorized removal of property, and he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Why did they keep letting this scum back out? I hate this city.

Cortexian
September 15th, 2009, 11:36 PM
This is why I keep sharpened swords around the house.

(that's why people keep sharpened swords around the house)

ICEE
September 15th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Fuck yeah I'd have done the same thing. I believe if a person comes into your home with intent to steal or cause bodily harm, you have a right to defend yourself. If that person just so happens to die in the process... Guess they shoulda took a day job instead.

n00b1n8R
September 16th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Q_RpbaUU7NI

AAA
September 16th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Epic. :lmao:

klange
September 16th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Back home in Ohio, we have laws in place that allow you to kill an intruder on your property if you have any suspicion against them. This kid would have been hailed as a hero in Ohio.

p0lar_bear
September 16th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah, uh, the burglar was a tried and true scumbag kleptomaniac, and supposedly attacked someone else on their own property. If the DA presses charges, s/he's a retard.

ExAm
September 16th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Man, this guy grabbed the best thing he could think of to defend himself with, the guy came at him, and he defended himself. He didn't even put any effort into the swing, just sort of swung it, as evidenced by the guy having only a large laceration and a nearly severed hand, as opposed to being cut the fuck in half. The latter is exactly what katanas are designed to do. If the guy is convicted of murder, I'm going to be pissed.

cheezdue
September 16th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Back home in Ohio, we have laws in place that allow you to kill an intruder on your property if you have any suspicion against them. This kid would have been hailed as a hero in Ohio.

Same thing here in Texas. If someone is in your house you can defend youself in anyway.

Random
September 16th, 2009, 03:33 PM
If the guy is convicted of murder, I'm going to be pissed.

Its Baltimore, I would say there is a chance that he will get charged for something. We have a law saying that if you can retreat you must do so, even if you are in your house. :downs:

Arteen
September 16th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Its Baltimore, I would say there is a chance that he will get charged for something. We have a law saying that if you can retreat you must do so, even if you are in your house. :downs:
It's not the student's fault that the guy lunges faster than he can retreat.

ExAm
September 16th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Man, fuck that law.

SnaFuBAR
September 17th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Cops in Cali that responded to my 911 call when I had a violent break in attempt told me to "shoot, don't stop until you're sure he's dead, and don't let him escape"

ExAm
September 17th, 2009, 04:53 AM
I tend to reserve the "shoot to kill" response for when someone is pointing a gun at me or is actively trying to take me down. If I see him and he's not making any move towards me, i'm either not shooting, or shooting to incapacitate. The man's got only one life, and if I can make it last long enough for him to turn it around, I'll be better for it.

t3h m00kz
September 17th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Q_RpbaUU7NI

wow I just watched that entire series.

it was so beautiful

Cagerrin
September 17th, 2009, 05:09 AM
What the fuck is up with that guy's hair?

Bodzilla
September 18th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Fuck yeah I'd have done the same thing. I believe if a person comes into your home with intent to steal or cause bodily harm, you have a right to defend yourself. If that person just so happens to die in the process... Guess they shoulda took a day job instead.
ARE YOU LISTENING AUSTRALIA?

fffffffff

Masterz1337
September 18th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Cops in Cali that responded to my 911 call when I had a violent break in attempt told me to "shoot, don't stop until you're sure he's dead, and don't let him escape"

So did you?

Probably not, sounds like some far fetched story.

Yeah he's always making shit up.

Huero
September 18th, 2009, 01:42 PM
It's things like this that make me love my state

SnaFuBAR
September 18th, 2009, 02:08 PM
shooting to incapacitate

Exactly what I was told not to do. If the assailant lives, they can sue you for bodily harm, or you might even get jailtime :ugh:

So did you?

Probably not, sounds like some far fetched story.

Yeah he's always making shit up.

Obviously I didn't shoot him. May seem like some far fetched story to you but when someone is trying to break your front door down at 4am and you are trying to dial left handed and aim a pistol with your right, it's damn real. At that point the other person isn't even a human being to you anymore, it's just about self preservation, it's combat, and you'll do what you need in order to stay alive.

Obviously I went for the gun first, loaded and cocked, before I dialed 911. Handgun sends crime stoppers faster than the police department.

How about you try kicking my door in at 4am and I'll show you just how much shit I make up?

Masterz1337
September 18th, 2009, 02:14 PM
address please?

p0lar_bear
September 18th, 2009, 02:16 PM
:lolugh:

Stop.

ExAm
September 18th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Exactly what I was told not to do. If the assailant lives, they can sue you for bodily harm, or you might even get jailtime :ugh:
Wait a second, so you want I should kill a man to avoid jailtime?

p0lar_bear
September 18th, 2009, 02:59 PM

Welcome to the American justice system.

Daishi
September 18th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Awesome stuff right there.

SnaFuBAR
September 18th, 2009, 05:50 PM

I don't have the same values as you, so no, that's up to you, but if it's between my life and freedom and his, well, maybe he shouldn't have tried to break in and put me in danger. It's his own fault, and most likely I'll feel bad for having taken his life later on, but I'll still be alive and I'll still be free.

Fuck rewarding the sociopath for invading and putting me at risk.

Heathen
September 18th, 2009, 06:02 PM

Your life and your freedom, or his life and his freedom, which he would probably lose after killing you anyways.

And depending on which state it was, he would be killed anyways.

Dwood
September 18th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I don't have the same values as you, so no, that's up to you, but if it's between my life and freedom and his, well, maybe he shouldn't have tried to break in and put me in danger. It's his own fault, and most likely I'll feel bad for having taken his life later on, but I'll still be alive and I'll still be free.

rewarding the sociopath for invading and putting me at risk.

I agree with you completely

English Mobster
September 19th, 2009, 03:22 AM
My logic:
If you can, shoot to incapacitate.
If you must, shoot to kill.

And I do believe CA has a law where if you are afraid that an assailant may have a deadly weapon and is willing to use it on you, you can shoot first and ask questions later with no penalty.

Cortexian
September 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM
dial left handed and aim a pistol with your right
Why do you make it sound like that's so hard to do? All you have to dial is 911, not a normal 10 fucking digit local phone number.

lol

I just tried dialing 911 with nothing but my left hand on my Storm and I was able to do it in under 3 seconds. Man, wtf is wrong with you. You have a Storm too, represent.

Hell, you can shoot someone on your property in Canada if you feel they're putting your life at risk, thing I'm fairly certain the justice system here would rather you didn't kill them in the process...

Dwood
September 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM
In the dark.

SnaFuBAR
September 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Why do you make it sound like that's so hard to do? All you have to dial is 911, not a normal 10 fucking digit local phone number.

lol

I just tried dialing 911 with nothing but my left hand on my Storm and I was able to do it in under 3 seconds. Man, wtf is wrong with you. You have a Storm too, represent.

Hell, you can shoot someone on your property in Canada if you feel they're putting your life at risk, thing I'm fairly certain the justice system here would rather you didn't kill them in the process...

before i got the storm my old phone's keypad was going out :smith: 1 and 4 were particular nightmares.

Donut
September 19th, 2009, 07:59 PM
and it was 4 am. he was probably sleeping

Sel
September 19th, 2009, 11:51 PM

Fuck rewarding the sociopath for invading and putting me at risk.

Gonna have to agree with snaf here. If his house gets broken into, there is no reason why the assailant should be able to press charges if he lives. The American justice system is what needs work, not Snaf's action plan.

Ifafudafi
September 20th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Since the faggot in quesiton was breaking and entering, he's (imho) essentially opening himself up to whatever the home owner's particular brand of justice is, although the law admittedly doesn't agree. Still, even in the current judicial system, faggot would have a pretty shaky defense. According to samurai-man (who's probably more trustworthy), the burglar lunged at him in what appeared to be an attacking motion, and samurai-man defended himself with no more than two strikes. That's just self-defense and is entirely in accordance with current laws.

Not that any self-respecting judge and/or jury would let him get away anyway.

p0lar_bear
September 20th, 2009, 03:53 AM
self-respecting
ahahahahah

ahahahahh

ah hah

hah

ahhhhhh....

Mass
September 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Did the student cut the guy's hand off or stab him first?

He could have stopped at the hand I suppose, or taken off his other one, classic thieves' punishment

All the same, no pity for the career criminal

...Just more aggravation at our prison system for improving and releasing as many criminals as it might keep off the street.

Maniac
September 20th, 2009, 08:32 PM
lol, try anything like this in the UK and you will be locked up for a long time.

Dwood
September 20th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I wish our prison systems were actually more like prisons instead of what they are now.

ExAm
September 20th, 2009, 08:56 PM
what they are now.Rape cages?

Mass
September 20th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I wish our prison systems were actually more like prisons instead of what they are now.

Crime Academies?

leorimolo
September 21st, 2009, 10:03 PM
Ohh you mean like Guantamo right?