PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to post in another language?

Zezima
September 15th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Well is it possible to post in another language? I don't see it in the ToS or AUP. If otherwise, please tell me.

ultama121
September 15th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Its possible... its discouraged, it doesn't make sense, and only a minority (if any) will understand you depending on the language of course.

Also lol Zezima.

YOU ARE DA HIGHEST ON TEH RS HIGHSCORES!@!@!

Heathen
September 15th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Possible?

Do you mean allowed?

Horns
September 15th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Maybe he's asking if you can post in another language and the board will translate it into the selected language of each person. But I dunno what he is asking and I dun wanna put words in his mouth so... Kind of a confusing post.

p0lar_bear
September 16th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Well is it possible to post in another language? I don't see it in the ToS or AUP. If otherwise, please tell me.

Hm, I thought this was in the AUP.

PRE-REGISTRATION RULES AND AGREEMENT

The Modacity.net Community Forums (hereafter referred to as "the board") is an American fan owned and operated messageboard system created primarily for discussing the modding of games and game engines, such as the Halo series, the Source Engine, Crysis, and UT3, among others.

By participating on the board, you agree that you are capable of typing in English legibly, able to use proper English grammar, and able to discuss topics at hand with some show of intelligence, and you understand that posts that do not follow these guidelines may be deleted without notice, resulting in punitive action including, but not limited to simple warnings, limits on ability to use the board, and bans, temporary or permanent.

The board is essentially a dictatorship; your ability to post on or otherwise use the board is a privilege, not a right, and this privilege can be taken away from you for any given reason. What the staff says, goes. If you feel that you are being treated unfairly, contact another moderator or administrator regarding the issue. If other admins or moderators feel that the action was just, adjust your actions accordingly to avoid being punished.

The board is against software piracy and cheating in online play, LIVE or otherwise; members posting cracked/pirated software, or programs/plugins/applications/modifications made with the sole purpose of cheating or altering gameplay in favor of a single person or group of people will be swiftly penalized.

All messages express the views of the author, and neither the staff of the board, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

While not expressly stated that other languages are banned, we are an English-speaking board and would prefer that posts are made in legible, mostly intelligible English. We will punish people who can't or outright refuse to write at at least a 6th grade level, though we generally cut slack for people on our grammar enforcement whose first languages aren't English when they are contributing to the community, as they're making content as well as an effort to speak our language.

TheGhost
September 16th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I think the only problem with posting in a non-English langauge (here) is that you'll get some people spam the thread with stupid comments like "waht" and "no speaky".

Honestly though I wish that people who didn't know what a thread was about would just not post in it ;)

klange
September 16th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Tip: Post an English translation, even if it is crude, along with your native message. That way, the majority of us can attempt to read your message without having to do any extra work.

Sel
September 16th, 2009, 12:54 PM
So why haven't we banned gaigher yet?

He's been posting in untranslatable french for 2 years now.

Not even going to go in to how much he's generally disliked.

Con
September 16th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Sel, we don't ban people for being disliked. His posts aren't easy to read, but like p0lar said, we'll give him some leeway.

As for the OP, English is the board language so keep to that.

Sel
September 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Sel, we don't ban people for being disliked. His posts aren't easy to read, but like p0lar said, we'll give him some leeway.

As for the OP, English is the board language so keep to that.

I didn't say he should be banned for being generally disliked.

But if you want my thoughts on that topic, here they are.

He goes around ripping shit for attention and, posts in "l33t" french which can not be translated by online translators.

He's been violating the AuP the entire time he's been here, and is, overall, a rather unlikeable chap, so !

n00b1n8R
September 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Also he has a p0rn sig~

Zezima
September 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I think I'll just post in plain English then...

Sel
September 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I think I'll just post in plain English then...

Don't get me wrong, I don't have that much of an issue with people posting in other languages, while it is in the AuP, and such, it's just not pleasant when they type it in such a way that it's impossible to traslate with the online translators, and it's especially unpleasant when they're a prick to boot.

Anyway welcome to the forums.

Heathen
September 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Use one of the many online translators...

Dwood
September 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Post in both english and your native language if you dont feel comfortable with english. As long as u try it wont be a big deal.

Kolobus
September 24th, 2009, 07:43 AM
beat you to replying ross

rossmum
September 24th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Post in both english and your native language if you dont feel comfortable with english. As long as u try it wont be a big deal.
http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-eng99.gif

@ op, there's no point unless your english is as bad as/worse than an online translator, which is pretty fucking bad. so that's a big nikak nyet to you and a big i should learn more than the c. 10 words of russian i currently know to me~

e/ KOLBY GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY POSTS

Kolobus
September 24th, 2009, 07:46 AM
booya.