PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings in 1080p and 5.1 surround... Daymn...

Cortexian
September 18th, 2009, 07:18 PM
So I'm just now watching the extended editions of Lord of the Rings in 1080p and 5.1 surround... My god if you haven't experienced Lord of the Rings in this format you're missing out BIG TIME. I'm only at the "A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins... Nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to" part of Fellowship of the Ring, but GOD THE SOUND MY PANTS OH GOD ITS EVERYWHERE. It's so good I can't believe my ears, the surround sound just makes the movie insanely better, I don't even remember it being this good in the theater for Christ-sake.

"IF YOU'RE REFERRING TO THE INCIDENT WITH THE DRAGON..."

FUCK GANDALF WITH HIS LACK OF FIREWORKS FUUUUUUUUUUUU ILL KIL- WOOOO FIREWORKS YEA YEAYEA TYAYAYYYYY

pm me if you want this "version" of the films.

Cojafoji
September 18th, 2009, 07:22 PM
cocaine is a helluva drug lancer. be careful.

EASSSSSSSSY now.

Cortexian
September 18th, 2009, 07:32 PM
cocaine is a helluva drug lancer. be careful.

EASSSSSSSSY now.
COJAFOJI, DO NOT TAKE ME AS SOME CONJURER OF CHEAP TRICKS!!!!!!!!

Cojafoji
September 18th, 2009, 08:01 PM
*cowers into the corner*

Cagerrin
September 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Dear god... :ohdear:

Laughing SO FUCKING HARD right now.

paladin
September 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Is it on BluRay? I didnt think it was. also, give me

Cojafoji
September 18th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Piracy is strictly prohibited on Modacity. LOL. Oh man, I make myself LOL sometimes...

paladin
September 18th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I meant mail me the dvds...

itszutak
September 19th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I heard carrier pigeons work great for that kind of transfer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8248056.stm

musicman888
September 19th, 2009, 10:53 AM

The theatrical version are released on BluRay but the Extended editions are not set to be released on BluRay until 2010 or 2011.

So I don't know how Freelancer got the Extended editions in BluRay unless he got the theatrical versions OR has them in an HD-DVD format.

Care to elaborate Freelancer? (You can PM me if you'd rather do that.)

Cortexian
September 19th, 2009, 11:15 AM
PM sent.

Basically it's 720p upscaled (well) to 1080p, it's not true 1080p but it looks close enough.

Ganon
September 19th, 2009, 01:45 PM
checked these out, better than what u can find in storesand whatnot, but they aren't nearly tr00 1080p. u tryin to burn my eyes boi???

Cortexian
September 19th, 2009, 02:23 PM
checked these out, better than what u can find in storesand whatnot, but they aren't nearly tr00 1080p. u tryin to burn my eyes boi???
I said it's not true 1080p, but it's good enough!!!

musicman888
September 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Ah, Thanks for elaborating Freelancer as I was scratching my head there for a moment lolz.

Pooky
September 19th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Already experienced Lord of the Rings the best way.

On paper. <_<

Siliconmaster
September 19th, 2009, 10:16 PM

On paper. <_<

Haha. True, but there's definitely something to be said for seeing it visually. And what epic visuals those are.

Cortexian
September 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM

On paper. <_<
Hasn't everyone?

You shouldn't watch the movies without first reading the books, half of it won't make sense. No, more like 99% of it won't make sense if you don't read all the appendices and such, and the Hobbit.

Siliconmaster
September 19th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Hasn't everyone?

You shouldn't watch the movies without first reading the books, half of it won't make sense. No, more like 99% of it won't make sense if you don't read all the appendices and such, and the Hobbit.

I know a lot of people who love the movies and understand them perfectly without having read the books. The beauty of those movies is that if you haven't read the books, you don't notice you're missing anything, but if you have you get a lot more out of the movies.

king_nothing_
September 20th, 2009, 12:04 AM
PM sent.

Basically it's 720p upscaled (well) to 1080p, it's not true 1080p but it looks close enough.
SO YOU LIED TO US. :smith:

HDTV 720p, right?

Cojafoji
September 20th, 2009, 11:01 AM
hdtv rips are disgusting.

they should be avoided at all costs.

Cortexian
September 20th, 2009, 11:54 AM

You don't watch very good HDTV rips apparently!!! :ohdear:

Siliconmaster
September 20th, 2009, 01:35 PM
If I have a choice between a dvd version with great 5.1, and a 720 version with great 5.1, I'm always going to go for the 720 version. So what if it is a rip, it's still better quality than the dvd. Of course, if it's a tv rip then it might be a bit jumpy at times where the commercials would be, but that's up to the viewer if they can deal with that or not. I don't have a blu-ray player, so I get .mkv rips of the video, with perfect quality.

king_nothing_
September 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM

The extended edition Blu-rays don't come out until next year. 720p HDTV is currently the best thing available. Also, not all HDTV rips are "disgusting".

Pooky
September 20th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I know a lot of people who love the movies and understand them perfectly without having read the books.

No, they don't.

I guarantee you they really do not.

Siliconmaster
September 20th, 2009, 06:56 PM
No, they don't.

I guarantee you they really do not.

But they think they do. That's all anyone can ask of a movie adaptation of a book. Enjoyable, and that it makes sense within itself. If they don't get the whole picture, tell them to read the books. But the fact that they can watch and think they understand is enough.

Bodzilla
September 21st, 2009, 04:52 AM
Could you drop the smug for 5 minutes freelancer because your sounding like a jackass.

and yes i have watched it exactly like that, but i didnt need to make a fucking thread about it now did i.

Cortexian
September 21st, 2009, 01:38 PM
Could you drop the smug for 5 minutes freelancer because your sounding like a jackass.

and yes i have watched it exactly like that, but i didnt need to make a fucking thread about it now did i.
What are you getting at Bodzilla? I made a thread to inform people of the awesomeness that is Lord of the Rings with 5.1 surround and HD quality. There's nothing wrong with that.

paladin
September 23rd, 2009, 01:24 PM
I watched these while playing LotR online. Wow