PDA

View Full Version : Another Douchebag move by a random company.

Amit
September 19th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Sony, Blizzard, Activision, NCsoft, Turbine named in patent suit (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/middleearthonline/news.html?sid=6228714&mode=news)

Following a recent settlement with Microsoft, Palktalk Holdings files a complaint against makers of PS3, WOW, COD, Guild Wars, LOTRO, and Runescape. That's right, even fucking Jagex, the makers of Runescape are being sued.

Paltalk has its sights set on a number of other game-industry heavyweights, including Sony Computer Entertainment and several of its divisions, Activision Blizzard, NCsoft, Turbine, and Jagex. At issue, again, is Paltalk's computer-to-computer synchronization patents, which, as noted by Paltalk's lawyer Max Tribble as part of its Microsoft suit, involve "technology for ways to control interactive applications over multiple computers."

Paltalk's current suit doesn't shy away from the high-profile games in each of the aforementioned company's catalogues. Games specifically named in Paltalk's suit that are purportedly in violation of the company's patents include Guerrilla Games' Killzone 2, Evolution Studios' Motorstorm, EverQuest I and II, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and World at War, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, and Runescape. As always, these companies only target the games or applications that anybody cares to play or use.

(http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/middleearthonline/news.html?sid=6228714&mode=news)

jcap
September 19th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Fuck trolls. I hope none of them settle with these assholes.

Cortexian
September 19th, 2009, 11:17 AM
games or applications that anybody cares to play or use.

(http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/middleearthonline/news.html?sid=6228714&mode=news)
LotRO being the obvious exception here. Since it's the best MMORPG ever.

Limited
September 19th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Wow, I hope they nail the crap out of Paltalk.

FRain
September 19th, 2009, 11:33 AM
ROFL THEY JUST CLAIMED THEY INVENTED THE INTERNET LOL

Alwin Roth
September 19th, 2009, 11:48 AM
oh this is fucking ridiculous.

Heathen
September 19th, 2009, 12:31 PM
ROFL THEY JUST CLAIMED THEY INVENTED THE INTERNET LOL
thats what I was thinking.

thehoodedsmack
September 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Why are patents allowed to be so broad and vague? I can understand that detailing your invention explicitly could be counterproductive, if say you were working on some secret project, but this is just ridiculous.

Kalub
September 19th, 2009, 02:34 PM
So wait... wut?

PlasbianX
September 19th, 2009, 06:12 PM
LotRO being the obvious exception here. Since it's the best MMORPG ever.

No. Aion is. Hell, it had 400,000 preorders log in yesterday. :golfclap:

Dwood
September 19th, 2009, 07:23 PM
So wait... They want to shut down all mmos? (look at last lines of the article)

Don't forget, that under those terms, any multiplayer gaming situation is well, infringing.

Phopojijo
September 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah... there's definitely prior art in that...