PDA

View Full Version : Mountains of evidence

ICEE
September 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Raymond
Defending a Yale lab technician charged with murder against what appears to be a mountain of forensic evidence might mean trying to convince jurors that the crime scene was contaminated because police didn't immediately shut down the lab where the victim was eventually found, legal experts said.

Clark III, 24, is charged with murder for the death of Yale graduate student Annie Le. She vanished from a research building in Yale's medical school complex on Sept. 8; her body was found hidden in a wall recess five days later, on what was to be her wedding day.

Police charged Clark after reviewing some 300 pieces of evidence, including DNA samples taken from Clark a day before he was arrested. His bond was set at $3 million, and he did not enter a plea.

Officials reportedly found DNA from Le and Clark in the ceiling and in the recess where Le's body was found.

The evidence is so overwhelming that police believe they don't necessarily have to uncover Clark's motive for the killing to convince jurors of his guilt, according to a law enforcement official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

Source (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8617495)
:smith:

It really is sad. And the defense attorneys are pulling all stops in trying to argue his innocence. The fact that he might be found innocent is really sickening

Kalub
September 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM
The law fails... again

Cortexian
September 20th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Seriously, killing someone for any reason except self-defense should be punishable by death, globally. With the obvious exceptions of war and the like.

Aerowyn
September 20th, 2009, 02:33 PM
They linked him to the scene via HIS DNA under HER FINGERNAILS. He worked in the basement where the body was found. Her bloody clothes were found in the ceiling. DNA evidence links these clothes to her. He was found trying to clean off blood-splattered objects in the lab.

I think even without the full "mountain" of evidence, you know that bastard did it.

Limited
September 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM
They linked him to the scene via HIS DNA under HER FINGERNAILS. He worked in the basement where the body was found. Her bloody clothes were found in the ceiling. DNA evidence links these clothes to her. He was found trying to clean off blood-splattered objects in the lab.

I think even without the full "mountain" of evidence, you know that bastard did it.
Yeah, he basically got caught red handed, yet he still might plea innocent? Wow, just give it up, they got your number theres no point fighting it, hes just making it harder for everyone plus it distresses the families even more.

Wasnt he dating the girl too?

Cojafoji
September 20th, 2009, 04:50 PM
caught red handed
i lol'd

_asylum_
September 20th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Seriously, killing someone for any reason except self-defense should be punishable by death, globally. With the obvious exceptions of war and the like.

it is most of the time

ICEE
September 20th, 2009, 06:19 PM
it is most of the time

What country are you from

Chainsy
September 20th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Alaska.:eng101:

Aerowyn
September 20th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Wasnt he dating the girl too?

No, but she was due to be married on the day they found her body stuffed in a storage area.

I also like how he sent her a text message the day she disappeared requesting to meet with her in regards to the cleanliness of the rat cages in the lab where they both worked. Dumbass did it.

ICEE
September 20th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Of course he did it. Theres pretty much no way around it. If he gets off, what does that say about our justice system

Sel
September 20th, 2009, 08:12 PM
he didnt do it

stop getting sucked in by right wing conspiracies ok

mech
September 20th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Yeah she killed herself and stuffed her dead body in a wall.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 20th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I could manage to do that.

ICEE
September 20th, 2009, 10:56 PM
I could manage to do that.

Vids or it didnt happen

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I dun wanna die (atm) though :s

kid908
September 21st, 2009, 12:05 AM

Someone could be framing him. But unless they have his motive cleared up to a point where he didn't have one and isn't psychotic, he's guilty.

Just remember, if you piss some very powerful ppl off, they can find ways of getting rid of you.:ohdear: