PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have???

_asylum_
September 20th, 2009, 08:57 PM
a team fortress 2 product code or can tell me how to make it work with steam mine is not working and im running it on a xp :)

Aerowyn
September 20th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Okay, well first things first, do you have a physical copy of the game (install discs, etc) or did you buy it via steam?

If you have a physical copy of the game, you need to find the product code which is normally in the box. You then open steam and in the "My Games" tab, at the very bottom, click on the "Activate a Product on Steam" button. Put in the number you got and voila.

If you bought TF2 online via Steam, you should NOT need a verification code. It should automatically accredit itself to your steam account. You'll just need to install it. If this is the case, it will be in your "Not Installed" section of the "My Games" tab. All you need to do is right click it and hit "Install Game."

Also, it's not likely you'll get a free product code from anyone on here. Just saying.... :\

_asylum_
September 20th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Okay, well first things first, do you have a physical copy of the game (install discs, etc) or did you buy it via steam?

If you have a physical copy of the game, you need to find the product code which is normally in the box. You then open steam and in the "My Games" tab, at the very bottom, click on the "Activate a Product on Steam" button. Put in the number you got and voila.

If you bought TF2 online via Steam, you should NOT need a verification code. It should automatically accredit itself to your steam account. You'll just need to install it. If this is the case, it will be in your "Not Installed" section of the "My Games" tab. All you need to do is right click it and hit "Install Game."

Also, it's not likely you'll get a free product code from anyone on here. Just saying.... :\

ah well u see i downloaded it and it works fine on vistas but idk whats the deal with xp all i need is a code so if u can plzzzzz keep your eye out that would make u like the coolest person on here :)

Sever
September 20th, 2009, 09:29 PM
You can only have it activated on one computer at a time, I believe. I think you need to deactivate it on one computer to activate it on another.

_asylum_
September 20th, 2009, 09:30 PM
You can only have it activated on one computer at a time, I believe.

wait whattt like idk i downloaded it and put it on vistas so u saying that i caint install it on xp? since its the same copy

Saggy
September 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Where'd you download it from??

Aerowyn
September 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
You can only have it activated on one computer at a time, I believe. I think you need to deactivate it on one computer to activate it on another.

No, no. That's not how it works at all.

Once you buy a game through steam, it's yours. You can download it to any computer you want, as long as you're logged into the account you bought it with.

If my steam name was aerowyn, and I bought TF2, I could install it on my laptop, on my PC, on my friend's computer, whatever. But I can only play it if I am logged into MY steam account. Just because it's on my friend's computer does NOT mean that my friend can play it. They'd need to be logged into an account with TF2 credited to them.

Make sense?

So asylum, if you've already bought the game but you can't get it to install, I suggest you take that to the Steam support section at https://support.steampowered.com/ or hit up the Steam forums and ask there.

But if you illegally downloaded the copy of TF2, sorry, but you're SOL.

I don't have any other advice for you.

Sel
September 20th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Is this guy retarded or something?

_asylum_
September 20th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Where'd you download it from??

byjunkie but i think i found my problem it says no steam on the download so maby that means i caint use it with steam becasue the game works when i turn steam off.

Bodzilla
September 20th, 2009, 09:45 PM
shouldnt have any problem if ya bought it over steam mate, do what aero's doing
she's not just a gorgous face with the voice of an angel and she has these eyes and they're lik.....

do what she said!
and if ya acquired it through other means do ya self a favor and buy it, it's cheap, it's good and the oj box just happens to be the best gaming deal of all time.

Sever
September 20th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Clarifying post made of awesome.I forgot for a moment about Steam's great design. I knew it was something along those lines, I just wasn't thinking it through. That's why you're the moderator for the Steam section.

Aerowyn
September 20th, 2009, 09:47 PM
byjunkie but i think i found my problem it says no steam on the download so maby that means i caint use it with steam becasue the game works when i turn steam off.

That would be why.

Okay, so you got a pirated no steam copy of TF2. So basically, if you want to actually play TF2, you're going to need the CRACKED copy of Steam. So you'll need to get back onto your torrent place and get the client too.

But you're going to be incredibly limited to the servers you can play on--you'll only be able to play on servers that aren't VAC-secure.

If I were you, I'd put the money into the Orange Box and get TF2 the legit way.

flibitijibibo
September 20th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Christ, this guy can't even spell the name of the site he pirated from.

Do what Bod said.

Bodzilla
September 20th, 2009, 09:52 PM
i'm gunna place my hand over my face nao.
i'll put it in a way i hope you can understand

Ya'll be looting and plundering dis har fine peice of booty but avast young scallywag thar be otha means w'ch moar treasure abound! upgraides and wenchies with fine bosooms and biggar hats await thee if yar alter yar course for north!
why loot thar hand tha' feed you, 'hen the treasur be tha much fine'r?

yar'll.

*locked*
(we need an approval for this guys threads in place or something :S)